Overlord Challenge Results

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

DUEL Imp
RoH Official
RoH Official
Tha P'Imp

Overlord Challenge Results

Post by DUEL Imp »

What a night! WHAT! A! NIGHT!

It was bloody! Blood, guts, gore everywhere!!

You see, Cory challenged, Damien's lawyer said ok.

Damien's second was Bapheloc, and he dueled under the flag of Polaris. His Lady of Honor was the lovely Arane.

Cory dueled under the banner of the Golden Sun Stables, the silhouette of a stallion in front of a setting sun. His color was blue, like me! His Lady of Honor was the hottie Anjolie Quinn and his Second was Topaz Datrazanov.

But just when things were gonna get busy Damien said uh-huh and sent Bapheloc to test Cory. Cass said "Hell no!" and stepped in the ring for Cory. Things didn't look very good for Cass, by round seven the score was 4-2 in favor of Baph. Then Bapheloc scored one more point and is Cory's turn to get in the ring!

Cory gets in the ring and it looked like Baph was going to win this one too, by round seven the score was 3-1 Bapheloc. Then Cory opened a can of whoop-ass and went on scoring the other four points to secure the win the right to challenge.

So, this is it. The biggie. Damien and Cory step in the ring and it was a constant trade, Cory hits, Damien ties, Cory hits, Damien ties. Bloody duel! It went on like that for the first six rounds. Then on round seven Cory hits, to get the score to 4-3 in his favor. Just when you thought Damien was going to tie the score again, Cory defends against the attack to get the point and the win!!

After 8 rounds, Cory is the new Overlord!!!!

All hail Cory! The 70th Overlord of the Duel of Swords!!!!

Code: Select all

Play by Play

WarDrac Bapheloc	Cassius Maxim
1.	SH		 TH
2.	FDK		LC
3.	FSS		TH
4.	LC		 FSS
5.	FLP		SH
6.	FCP		LC
7.	HC		 TH
8.	LC		 LC
9.	FSS		FLP

WarDrac Bapheloc .def. Cassius Maxim, 5-2 in 9 rounds

WarDrac Bapheloc	JohnathanHavoick
1.	 HC		  CP
2.	 LC		  LC
3.	 FSS		 FLP
4.	 LC		  LC
5.	 SH		  FLP
6.	 FLP		 LC
7.	 FSS		 TH
8.	 HC		  LP
9.	 TH		  FCP
10.	LC		  LC
11.	FLP		 SS
12.	TH		  CP
13.	LC		  LC
14.	FLP		 FDK
15.	TH		  CP

JohnathanHavoick .def. WarDrac Bapheloc, 5-3 in 15 rounds

OneSoberDamien	JohnathanHavoick
1.	HC	 TH
2.	FDK	FCP
3.	LC	 TH
4.	HC	 FSS
5.	TH	 FCP
6.	FCP	LC
7.	FDK	TH
8.	LC	 FCP

JohnathanHavoick .def. OneSoberDamien, 5-3 in 8 rounds
Blood is thicker than water. Adjust your recipes accordingly.
Baphelocutis
Adventurer
Adventurer
WarDrac of RhyDin

Post by Baphelocutis »

Congratulations to you Cory in your success in achieving the title. I respect you as a dueler and as a person outside the ring whereas my alignment to Renegade is nothing personal nor a hint of adversial behavior in the future. I just figure it appropriate that if I was used to try to stop you from gaining the title that I shouldn't turn around offering my loyalty after you gained the title. Though I feel like I failed my former Overlord Damien with some errors in our duel during the challenge, you still were able to capitlize upon them in your comeback on me and therefore should not expect to see any challenge from me. You earned your title and we have already met in a challenge match situation where you bested me in the ring. Enjoy your reign and good fortunes to you.
Skyler
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Vile Villain

Location: Where hinges creak in dark chambers, where ever candlelights flicker ...

Post by Skyler »

Cory,

I might challenge you before too long, dunno yet. Nice job, by the way, passing the test and still winning.

Skyler
Topaz
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Topaz »

Congratulations again, Cory.

As I already stated in the arena last evening, the allignment of Dragon Gate to Overlord Cory Havoick is loyal.

Topaz Datrazanov
Anjolie Quinn
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Sarcastic

Post by Anjolie Quinn »

A heartfelt congratulations from myself and the rest of us at the Golden Sun. We couldn't be more proud!
"Even some stories that seem to have been going for ages must eventually come to an end."
Ekthbjlgke
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Ekthbjlgke »

Congratulations to the new Overlord. I wish I'd been there for the evening's proceedings, but I had somewhere else to be. With no reason to be Renegade, I will declare myself Loyal to the Overlord.
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

Post by G »

Interesting.

Congratulations.

Renegade.

And no, I won't be thinking of challenging.

G
Karen Wilder
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Knight Templar

Post by Karen Wilder »

By orders an' by custom, at this time, th' Baron o' Seaside stands Renegade.

Once th' current challenger tae Seaside be dealt with, I shall discuss matters wit th' new Overlord.
Lady Karen Wilder
Knight-Commander of the Order of the Knights Templar
Vanion Shadowcast
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Archpriest of Myr'Khul

Post by Vanion Shadowcast »

You showed a lot of heart winning like you did. I'm impressed with your attitude. All of these renegade miscreants are peasants - don't take it to heart.
Alais d Nitesong
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Location: Matlal, Riverbend, I' Taurn or Nitesong, depending on time of year

Post by Alais d Nitesong »

Manna congratulations tae ye Cora 'avoick.

Mayst yer reign be long 'n successful.
Lady Alais d' Arma Graham d' Nitesong Sidhe
Cassius Gaius Maximius
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Gentleman Farmer

Post by Cassius Gaius Maximius »

The 13th and the Barony of New Haven stand Loyal to Johnathan Ecorian Havoick.
Rhiannon D Harker
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Rhiannon D Harker »

Congratulations Cory!
~The definition of hero never included anything about age~
Rhiannon D. Harker
Cory
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
The IronMan

Post by Cory »

I would like to take this space to express my gratitude to all those who came out to cheer on their favored dueler. Thank you Imp for volunteering to officate.

I'll drop names of those I saw. The King and Queen of Westridge, Gavilean and Tera Starfare. Former Overlords Grayson MacLeod, Alais d'Nightsong, Xenograg kathu-Darelir, Gnimish, and Rena Cronin. Wyheree, Tasslehofl and my apologies to any to those not noted! It was a night never to be forgotten!

She may know this already, but sincerest thanks to my fiancee, Anjolie Quinn, and her staff (and my friends) at The Golden Sun Stables. I can't forget our sweet daughter, Kallie! This was for you, rugrat!

Sincere thanks to my Second, The Baroness of Dragon's Gate, Topaz Datrazonov and her companion Lucien. My Champion, Baron of New Haven, Cassius. You gave a valiant effort and fought 'til the end. Your Loyalty is greatly appreciated.

To those Barons aligned Loyal. I accept and bow my hat to you. If ever the assistance of your Overlord is needed, do not hesitate to call upon me.

To those aligned Renegade. If there is a means to sway your judgement otherwise you know where to find me. Either in the rings of the Arena or settled firmly at the bar. My ears were not made for decoration alone.

Last but certainly not least. The Baron of Old Market, Bapheloc, you can keep your chin held high. You dueled with skill and honor worthy of an Overlord's Champion. Finally, Damien, while your approach may not have been expected you defended fierociously. I will continue to watch you closely.

See y'all in the rings!

Your Overlord,
Johnathan Ecorian Havoick
"I took your guilt and placed it into me..."
Harris
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
King Of The Outback

Post by Harris »

You forgot me, Cory. I was there in spirit.
Rena A Cronin
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Rena A Cronin »

Congrats on your win, Overlord.

At the moment, The Baron of The Old Temple stands loyal.

Return to “The Arena”