A New Start

Located in the Old Temple District of Rhydin City.

Moderator: Xenograg

QueenTeleperien
Adventurer
Adventurer

A New Start

Post by QueenTeleperien »

All that night, Philippe and Teleperien reacquainted themselves to each other. Sometimes sleeping, awaking again to drink in each other. Finally when they were sated, deep sleep took them into the morning of the next day. For the first time in months, Tele was untroubled by dreams.

That morning they dressed, Philippe in his white shirt and black pants that were tucked into his boots and Tele in a simple gown her hair loosed. Breakfast was called for, both ravenous from the previous day and night’s love making. Lucy brought the tray in. Her anxious face studied Tele, then her eyes widen in total surprise. She exclaimed, “Lady, you are yourself once more!”

Tele chuckled as she wrapped her arms around Philippe who in turn held her close. “Aye, I am myself.”

Happy, Lucy almost skipped out the room. After breakfast the pair sat on a couch in comfortable silence. Tele had curled up, leaning against Philippe, sipping her tea. He played with her hair, at times planting a kiss.

A thud broke the silence. It came from the door that lead to Erwyn’s room. This was followed by soft giggles. Tele set her tea cup down got to her feet and crept to the door. She could hear whispers through the key hole.

“Shhhh.. they’ll hear us.”

“Let me see.”

“Mystic, please move.”

Exchanging amused smiles with Philippe, Tele reached over and quickopenedthedoor. Three girls tumbled into the room; blushing to the roots of their hair. Erwyn was the first to recover, hopping to her feet and launched herself into her mother’s arms. For a full moment they held each other, Tele turning her head, resting her cheek on Erwyn’s head while Amanda and Mystic watched on. They released other and Erwyn walked to Philippe. She dipped a deep curtsey.

“My lord.” She said. “I thank you.”
Philippe de Bouillon
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Philippe de Bouillon »

Everything finally felt right again for first time since Philippe de Bouillon departed the shores of Eldicor three years earlier. Tele was once again the woman he had fell in love with so many years before. This was such an amazing morning, just to sit and talk and laugh, and then to share kisses and words of love.

He saw Tele go to the noise they heard at the door and he laughed as the girls tumbled into the room.

Philippe smiled as Erwyn approached and said, "My lord, I thank you."

He stood and bent down and took her into his arms. "I thank you, my lady Erwyn. If you hadn't been courageous enough to come for me, everthing would have been much different." He kissed her on the cheek and stood up to his full height. He looked at Tele and winked, and wondered if they would ever have a child of their own.
QueenTeleperien
Adventurer
Adventurer

Apolgies and Restitution

Post by QueenTeleperien »

The following few days passed with the peace and serenity. Of course the affects of the previous uproar still remained, but the arguments, strife and anger slowly dissipated. Knowing she was the cause of this stress, Teleperien saw to most of the conflict herself. She closeted herself with those who were victims of her madness to seek amends.

Her first visit was to her trusted steward, Borin. He came into her service when she was new to the throne. Teleperien and her then husband Nomrah made a trip to the Second Age of Middle Earth in order to meet her forebears. She visited Lorien and met with Galadriel where she received her blessing as ruler of the Noldor. On their return travel, they met up with a small band of dwarves that included Borin. Dwarves and elves were at odds at that time and the fact the dwarves tolerated Teleperien’s company, was remarkable. During a rest and supper, the travelers and dwarves came under attack by orcs. Borin saved the young queen’s life and in turn Teleperien healed Borin of a deadly wound. As dwarves do, Borin swore to her service for the rest of his days. He had proven to be a loyal and steadfast friend to the queen. And Teleperien loved him as a brother.

Borin answered his door when Tele rapped quietly. His bearded face lit up when he saw it was the queen.

“Borin, may I speak with you?” Tele asked politely. He stepped aside to allow her entrance then closed the door behind her. His room was comfortable. A fire crackled merrily in the hearth, his battle axe propped against the stone mantle. On the wall hung his shield, a short sword and several maps of Second Age Middle Earth. On a chest draped his short mail shirt and helm. The four poster bed sat in the corner, a cloak hung on one of the posters. On a small table near the heart held a mug and a jug of ale.

“Of course.” His baritone voice rumbled pleasantly. “How ca’ I serve ye Lady?”

“I should be asking that of you my dear dwarf.” Tele answered taking the overstuffed chair Borin gestured to and he then took a stool near the fire. “I remember with great pain the grief I caused you.”

The old dwarf waved his hand as if he were chasing small insects away. “Lady, ye ha’ little control on y’self. Alatar visited after y’ were healed an’ explained yer state.”

“Still, I caused you pain. It seems those who dwell in Eldicor suffered when I was in the affects of the taint.”

“Aye Lady.” Borin replied. “Alatar tol’ me tha’ ye are tied to th’ land, for both good an’ evil. Even Philippe wa’ affected.”

“Indeed he did.” Tele murmured. When Philippe and Tele were reading each other’s memories, Tele did see the nasty altercation between Gwindor and her husband. Gwindor did out step his bounds and dared to accost the consort. Tele had yet to speak with Gwindor on this matter, for the captain had joined the elven patrol to the south borders and was gone from the castle. Philippe had not mentioned it to Tele, probably unwilling to cause more strife.

“Wha’ will ye do now Lady?” Borin asked with good nature. “Ha’ a feast? I be thinkin’ tha’ would be most welcome.”

“I have thought of that Borin.” Tele answered with a smile. “As well as a ball afterward.”

“Aye! Tha’ would be grand.”

They discussed the idea for a few minutes and Tele stood to take her leave. She had others to speak to. She bent over and kissed the dwarf on the cheek. He looked pleased and beamed at her and saw her to the door, then watched as she disappeared around a corner.

Return to “Dojo Darelir”