Case 003: Michelle Montoya, Session 01

Moderator: Dr. Remus Finn

Dr. Remus Finn
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Case 003: Michelle Montoya, Session 01

Post by Dr. Remus Finn »

Michelle approached the office door somewhat apprehensively. She was nervous, she paused briefly, absentmindedly wringing her hands as she read the sign: "Knock and enter."

She knocked nervously, then opened the door slowly and saw the doctor behind his desk across the room.

He smiled brightly. "Ahh. Michelle I presume?"

She smiled in return. "Yes, that's me."

He rose swiftly, shaking her hand and motioning her further into the office. "Please, have a seat."

Michelle's eyes scanned the room. Seeing the office chair across from his desk she sat down, clearly unhappy. Finn moved back to the chair behind his desk, placing his hands upon it.

"Alright, a little bit of information for you. This is simply a consultation. I just want to know a little bit about you." Michelle nodded, Finn continued. "For my records, I do record all of my sessions in the office. No one will have any access to these files or recordings except myself." Again, Michelle nodded in understanding. "Great! Now...to start us off, why don't you tell me what brings you here?"

"Well, doctor, I am having some troubles. I really have a hard time with my conscience. I am really battling with some of the things I've done. My mother suggested that I go see someone."

The doctor nodded, listening intently. "Has it been this way for a long time? Or has one event changed the way that you see things?"

She thought for a moment, making a conscience effort to not fidget her hands, "There was a ceremony a few weeks ago. A binding ceremony." She looked to him for a moment, he replied, "I'm not familiar with that ceremony, but we'll get to that later...go on." He smiled reassuringly.

"Well," she continued, "During the ceremony, I was inhabited by a wraith."

"A wraith?" Finn looked somewhat shocked. "Wow."

"Yes. It was not a pleasant experience. I have done some very horrible things because of it. It was exhausting mentally and physically. Physically, I'm doing much better. I went to seclude myself in the forest, just wanting to be alone I guess. The mental healing however isn't going so good, that's where you come in."

Finn smiled, but sighed somewhat. "Alright Michelle. Thankyou for being so open about things. I will not pretend to be familiar with binding ceremonies and wraiths and things. I will have to have some time to study up on them. But for now, tell me a little more about yourself."

Michelle smiled back, feeling a little more at ease. "I am 20 years old. I live with my mother, two sisters in the Montoya Manor and my father was murdered when I was around fifteen."

Finn thought for a moment. That was two out of three patients so far that had father's murdered. He nodded again to her before speaking. "Okay, I think that will do. I'm sorry I'm not very knowledgeable about this, but I will do everything I can to help. Let me study up on this, and then we'll meet again in three days. Sound good?"

Michelle nodded, hoping he would be more help, not so sure that this was a good idea after all. "Okay then." Finn rose and led her to the door. "We'll be in touch." And with that he shut the door behind her.

Finn sat down again behind his desk, thinking out loud. "Binding ceremonies....wraiths....too many fathers that are dead." He closed his eyes for a minute to think, took a deep breath, and then moved to the bookshelf for a little research.

Return to “The Finn Files”