Open Season

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

Hope
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Beast Mode

Open Season

Post by Hope »

So it would not be a lie to say I did not intend on being involved again so soon. But I stumbled into this ring and seeing as how there are only two Renegades, there's always got to be a choice for people. If you want to go after Sal or a Loyal Baron, for 1k Nobles I will counter any tests. This is assuming I'm able to make it. This is an open contract for as long as the above is true.
Delahada
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Deputy Director of Dickery

Re: Open Season

Post by Delahada »

You could have declined accepting the ring. It was as easy as saying no thank you.
When I was a Renegade, I countered tests for free, and as Overlord I'll test for free, too.
This lying coward wants you to pay her. I'll pay anyone ten times that if they can get rid of her.
I don't even care if you petition to align Loyal. Be Renegade, but get her out of my sight.

- Sal Delahada
121st Overlord
Hope
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Beast Mode

Post by Hope »

How painfully shortsighted, as expected. One, I don't beat people and then turn down the prize. It's a slap in the face to the people you beat. Two, I need to pay for upcoming holiday gifts so time is money. Three, your rules are lame and suck. Four, for someone who demanded people Renegade you sure have a lot of "Loyals". Five, there is no five, but I'll give a caveat; if I lose a test no one has to pay me. If I do win, you can tip the effort up to 1k Nobles.
Delahada
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Deputy Director of Dickery

Post by Delahada »

If you need money that badly, I'll pay you to shut up and go away.
You still talk too much and don't know anything at all.
People like me and aren't afraid to earn their place.
Shocking, I know. Don't be jealous.

- Sal
Hope
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Beast Mode

Post by Hope »

Here's one better: I'll counter any test involving Salvador for the remainder of my reign. Free of charge. Challenge and you have my word.
Ebon Ilnaren
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Black Knight

Post by Ebon Ilnaren »

It's so wonderful to see the current and former Overlords of the Duel of Swords sniping at each other in public like children in a playground.

This makes me wonder if this is really a sport in which I want to participate as an active duelist.

Ebon Ilnaren
Loyal(?) Baron of Old Temple
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Post by King »

Have to be honest. In a sport where politics is meant to thrive there isn't much drama happening. Opening up RGZ* last night and reading that a feud is flaring up has me at least a little excited to see what direction this will go.

We got a challenge for Hope already. That's something. Wonder if there will be a Renegade queue or if Royal RhyDin will back up their teammate and go after loyals.

Either way. As a spectator it's something to watch that isn't baseball.

(OOC: RhyDin Gossip Zone)
Myria Graziano
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Myria Graziano »

Dude, what's wrong with baseball?

-Myria G.
Crew
Anubis Karos
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Anubis Karos »

Ebon Ilnaren wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:20 pm It's so wonderful to see the current and former Overlords of the Duel of Swords sniping at each other in public like children in a playground.

This makes me wonder if this is really a sport in which I want to participate as an active duelist.

Ebon Ilnaren
Loyal(?) Baron of Old Temple
Listen to yourself. Listen to how weak you sound.

Anyone who thinks that life is not conflict has not actually lived life. You hold an active title in a sport where you score points by striking a living being with a tool explicitly designed to kill said living being. Do you expect singing puppies? This is nothing compared to how it once was, but it is a good start.

Stop mewling.

~Anubis Karos
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Post by King »

Myria Graziano wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:07 pm Dude, what's wrong with baseball?

-Myria G.
Crew
If the Rhydin City Rocs stop losing I would actually enjoy the game again.
Myria Graziano
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Myria Graziano »

Well, I mean, yeah man. Like, aside from a (mostly) broken-down Meyban (dude shouldn't be playing CF anymore...too damn slow) and Brackenbush, who's a legit ROY contender, who they got? Rocs were sunk two weeks into the season, and even that's being generous.
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Not Your Prince Charming

Post by King »

Myria Graziano wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:40 pm Well, I mean, yeah man. Like, aside from a (mostly) broken-down Meyban (dude shouldn't be playing CF anymore...too damn slow) and Brackenbush, who's a legit ROY contender, who they got? Rocs were sunk two weeks into the season, and even that's being generous.
With how bad it got last week? I was there. We were seriously watching the New Haven challenge on the big screen during the 8th inning.

Also Hope, I left you something at the bar.

What she left at the Arena bar is an envelope with 1,000 Silver Nobles and a note reading: Merry Early Christmas.
Myria Graziano
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Myria Graziano »

Given how disinterested most've the players've been on the field and in the dugout - not to mention the lopsided score that night - I bet most of them were watching it, too.
Hope
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Beast Mode

Post by Hope »

That was very sweet Terry but I have to admit I don't follow that sports ball.
Ebon Ilnaren
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Black Knight

Post by Ebon Ilnaren »

King wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:32 pm If the Rhydin City Rocs stop losing I would actually enjoy the game again.
Tell me about it! Did someone give them a Goat's Curse or what?

Return to “The Arena”