Challenge for New Haven

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

Bailey Raptis
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Location: Can be found many places, but resides in a row house in the Kabuki Street neighborhood

Challenge for New Haven

Post by Bailey Raptis » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:25 pm

I am challenging for New Haven. An explanation of my reasons for doing so will follow shortly.

Bailey Raptis
Conner Reid
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Re: Challenge for New Haven

Post by Conner Reid » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:31 pm

Don't know what your reasons be mate, but this challenge be

- Title holder acceptance must be publicly posted within 1 week of this validation.
- The challenge must be fought within 2 weeks of the title holder's acceptance.
- This tool will assist in helping verify the required dates.
Michelle Montoya
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Michelle Montoya » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:19 pm

First nothing on the Outback Menu for the current Diamond, and now this? I thought we were friends Bailey. New Haven is yours to visit as a member of House Royal, but if you want to take over the management then, by all means, let's have some friendly team competition.
Bailey Raptis
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Location: Can be found many places, but resides in a row house in the Kabuki Street neighborhood

Post by Bailey Raptis » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:53 pm

Michelle and I will be meeting to complete this challenge on Monday, September 21st at 9 p.m. Eastern time. Tenball will be calling our match. I will have an explanation for the challenge as soon as possible, as I have promised; work has been running me ragged all week and I have not had time to fully gather my thoughts.

Bailey Raptis
Bailey Raptis
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Bailey Raptis » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:28 pm

To the Duel of Swords Community,

I apologize for the scattered nature of these thoughts. My work has occupied much of my time lately, and that will always come before the dueling sports.

That is not to downplay the importance of the Barons and the Overlord, as figureheads and potential heroes or villains. But I would like to think that my approach to the sports reflects my own honor system and beliefs, and that I am consistent in applying them.

Contrary to rumor, this challenge does not come out of any animosity that people might think exists between myself and Michelle. It is not a sign that there are tensions between myself and the rest of House Royal. It is not even a response to the Overlord's Decree, and the rules about Real Rhy'Din included within. I am not in need of the manor's pool, and will likely not live there should I prove successful in pressing my challenge.

So why challenge? Without restating things have been stated before, the same reasoning I used in challenging for Dragon's Gate stands here. I believe that Barons are meant to defend their titles, through whatever means that the sport provides. If this means I must be brave where other Warlords are not, or risk my friendships with my House Royal teammates, so be it. If it means I face a best of three, an intercession from the Overlord, or whatever permutations that may rise up in the course of a challenge, so be it. As long as I am able to find the time to participate in this sport, I will do my level best to test the skills of those who have not been challenged in recent memory.

I believe that speaks for itself, but I am not hard to find if you think it merits further discussion.

Bailey Raptis
Bailey Raptis
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Bailey Raptis » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:11 pm

This challenge will now be taking place at 10:30 p.m. Eastern time.

Thanks!

Bailey Raptis
Tenball
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Tenball » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:23 pm

I got to call this challenge tonight!

Michelle entered a bit the worse for wear after an apparent brouhaha with some bandits, but after a bit of time in the warded rings, she was ready to defend, and Bailey was up for the challenge.

The Baroness fought under the House Royal banner of white and gold, with Eden Parker as her second and the whole Real Rhydin team as her people of honour.

Bailey fought under no banner, with no second or person of honour (although Karma volunteered to be his Lady of Honour right after that announcement... I didn't notice if he accepted or not).

Although stating she would not want to see her two friends fighting ever, the Overlady did offer to step in if Michelle requested it, given her condition. However, the Baroness declined, choosing to settle the challenge in a single match. "He's a teammate, which essentially makes him family, so no need to test him."

Ring Narwhal: Michelle Montoya vs Bailey Raptis in a dos duel. Begin when ready!
Ring Narwhal 1: Bailey Raptis scores! (FCP / HC | 0 - 1, Bailey Raptis leads.)
Ring Narwhal 2: Everybody scores! (HC / LC | 1 - 2, Bailey Raptis leads.)
Ring Narwhal 3: Everybody scores! (LC / HC | 2 - 3, Bailey Raptis leads.)
Ring Narwhal 4: Michelle Montoya scores! (HC / FSS | 3 - 3, Bailey Raptis and Michelle Montoya.)
Ring Narwhal 5: Michelle Montoya scores! (LC / SH | 4 - 3, Michelle Montoya leads.)
Ring Narwhal 6: Bailey Raptis scores! (HC / FDU | 4 - 4, Bailey Raptis and Michelle Montoya.)
Ring Narwhal 7: Bailey Raptis scores! (TH / FSS | 4 - 5, Bailey Raptis leads.)

FINAL: Bailey Raptis def. Michelle Montoya, 5 - 4 in 7 rounds. - dos

After an early point by Bailey, the two of them traded one round, then another, with Michelle's offense pulling her even and then into the lead by the fifth round. Bailey then tied it up again before outflanking Michelle to take the match and the ring!

Congratulations, Bailey, and well-reigned, Michelle!

Michelle surprised many after the match by announcing that once the Round Robin Cup had ended, she would be taking time away from the duels for reasons that are her own to reveal if she chooses.

Bailey surprised absolutely no one by announcing that New Haven would remain loyal to the Overlady.

Return to “The Arena”