Challenge for the Tower of Air

Events and announcements from the enchanted isle of the Duel of Magic.

Moderator: Staff

XanthVanBokkelen
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Challenge for the Tower of Air

Post by XanthVanBokkelen »

To the Keeper of the Tower of Air, the Coordinators, and the dueling community at large:

Once more I find myself desiring of a challenge. It has been over a year since I last held a Key, and the urge to entrench myself in the various libraries of a Tower has become too great for me to ignore. I also desire to test myself against the newest Mage to hold all four of the Elemental Towers. It could be said you are the most formidable of the current Keepers, especially considering you are the only one not currently under challenge, but I have never been one to shy away from difficult contest.

I am hereby challenging for the Tower of Air.

Sincerely,
Xanth Van Bokkelen
Max Lager
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Re: Challenge for the Tower of Air

Post by Max Lager »

This challenge is valid and may proceed!!
Andrea Anderson
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Less Than Three

Post by Andrea Anderson »

Well if it isn't the illustrious Xanth Van Bokkelen. I heard you've been active during the Arcana Trial. It's nice to see that you would be the one to issue a challenge for me and my title as Keeper of Air after it's sat uncontested now for over fifty days.

I see no reason to make you wait for a reply. I accept and await the night of our challenge so that I may test the new artifact that urged me to claim the title of Air in the first place.
XanthVanBokkelen
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by XanthVanBokkelen »

We will be having this challenge on Thursday, June 17th at 9 (EST). Max Lager will be the official.
Max Lager
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Max Lager »

Tonight I got to call this challenge between two former All Four Elemental Tower holders! It was quite the competitive match and we even went to all three fights for this best of three challenge! Andrea wished to start things off in the special ring of Aneomi and the Summer winds from the east proved to be dry and warm -- though Xanth was often after to bring a chilly arctic blast or two to cool things off! The final results were that Andrea defended successfully, and then immediately announced that she is

waiving grace for the Tower of Air

which leaves it open to anyone who is eligible to challenge to issue one as of this posting.
Congratulations Andrea, well tried Xanth and good luck to the next challenger!

Final match results were as follows:

Andrea Anderson def. XanthVanBokkelen, 5.5 - 3 in 10 rounds.
XanthVanBokkelen def. Andrea Anderson, 5 - 2.5 in 7 rounds.
Andrea Anderson def. XanthVanBokkelen, 5 - 2.5 in 11 rounds.

Return to “Twilight Isle”