How Much for Your Services?

All of life is a runway. Walk it like you own it.

Moderator: Mercedes

Mercedes
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Runway Diva

How Much for Your Services?

Post by Mercedes »

Merci strode through the door and made her way down the stairs, looking behind her at the guard that G, or his assistant, had arranged to be with her when he was not. "I'm fine. You can go home." He continued to follow her down the stairs, much to her chagrin, and stood near the bottom of those stairs against a wall as she strode towards the table that held G's bag of holding. Frowning towards the ring, she settled into a chair at his table and ordered two bottles of water from the serving boy that arrived at her table not long after she had. The Arena had such great service.

When the boy came back with the water, she placed his payment and tip on the tray and then dug around in her purse for the small baggy of...bugs. Yes, bugs. She knew who was working tonight and it never hurt to be on the good side of the callers. Except that crazy fire woman. If it wasn't for her weekly training session with Candy, Merci would likely steer very clear of her. Violent thing that she was.

Standing, she smoothed a hand over her skirt before walking towards the caller's couch to drop the bag of bugs next to Raz. Offering him a smile before turning her attention towards the ring.

Raz catches the bugs and ignores the ring to begin snacktime.

"Hey." Totally smooth. Said to Mercedes when she got close enough to the couch. Seirichi was sitting there, at first all up in Candy's space.. but now poor Raz was her couch buddy.

Her attention shifted from G and Candy back to the couch after Seirichi spoke...and just in time to see the little goblin start munching on the bugs. Her nose crinkled slightly before her features smoothed into a friendly smile. "Good evening."

"She's pretty, isn't she?" Nudge at Raz.

Looking from Seirichi to Raz as he spoke, she continued to smile. "Hello, Raz. Having a good evening?"

”Hello Ms. Mercy. I am now.”

Seiri leans back. Elbow against arm rest. Leans jaw against closed fist. Staaaaare at Mercedes.

"That is good to hear, Razlow. I am glad I could help." Her gaze shifted to Seiri as a brow arched. "Is there something I can help you with?"

"How much?'

"How much...what?"

"For your services?"

While still partially facing Seiri, Merci's eyes shifted towards the ring, both brows arched now. Was she going to have to climb into that ring and kill G? Her voice remained softly polite. "Which services might those be?" So help her...if he had been talking...

"You're in the clothing business and stuff, right? Look at me." Motions to herself. Only having on shorts, sandals, and a tank top.

"How much to buy your help?"

She was certainly looking at her now, more in relief than anything else, and examining her with a critical eye. "Stand up." Her tone was a bit curt as she motioned for Seiri to do as she bid.

Palms pressed to the couch then and she pushed herself up to stand. There wasn't much delay in her reaction to Mercedes request.

Peers back at Merci. "Should I strip?"

"Later." Probably the wrong thing to say to the woman. She stood back with eyes narrowed as she looked the woman over. "Turn slowly please." Motioning again.

"All the way?" Making a twirling motion with her finger. All while slooowly stepping around.

"Yes."

Here goes that 360. Didn't quite know what to do with her arms, so she held them up and placed behinds behind the back of her head while stepping about.

After Seiri had fully turned and was facing her again, Merci nodded a little. "Alright. I can work with you. What exactly are you hoping to achieve...simply a new wardrobe or is there more?"
Life is a runway. Walk it like you own it.~
Mercedes
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Runway Diva

Post by Mercedes »

"With my job, I'm going to be doing more public things." Hands found her hips and she let out a huff. "So I need to look good. These outfits won't do." Sad that she had to say that. Seirichi liked dressing comfortable. "Not looking for a full make over.. just." There was a gesture of her hand. The Siovanui trying to find the word to use. Begins to snap her fingers now.

"Wardrobe assistance?"

"Something like that, yeah."

"Unfortunately, clothing alone isn't going to achieve a more sophisticated, feminine look. It is about attitude. The right attitude comes from wearing something you are comfortable in that is perfectly suited for your body type as well as your personality. Knowing that when you walk in a room, all eyes will be on you, if even for a moment." She looked the woman over once more. "You could command attention with your looks instead of the volume of your voice. We will work on this." Apparently, it didn't matter to Merci that Seirichi just wanted a new wardrobe....she had plans! Much like a mad scientist, she experiments to perform!

One brow rose, the other lowered. A sort of confused / questioning look appeared on her face. ".. So you're not just going to take my numbers and go shopping for me?" Hand rose up and found the side of her head. Fingers ran through strands of brown hair, then began to scratch against scalp. "How much is all of this going to cost?"

G smiled at Merci."She's gonna take a bit of work, hon. Could always just throw a dress on her and make her take a bath, that'd be an improvement." He chuckles.

G got a look then. "Oi, I take baths every night.." Then she looked up to the ceiling. Thinking face. "Every other night."

Merci turned a frown upon G then leaned in to kiss his cheek. "I thought you would be thirsty after your duel so I ordered you some water...it is on the table if you want it."

He gave Seiri a look of doubt, cause there were a few thoughts going through his head. But the distraction from the cheek kiss made him smile. "Oh, certainly, thanks babe." He gave her a wink and then went to retrieve the water.

Merci watched G walk away then turned back to Seiri. "Well, I could do that but then you would be wearing what I like, not something you like. I plan to take you shopping and help guide you into choosing something you like that is...different than you would normally choose but still something you find acceptable."

"Shopping.." She didn't look all that thrilled with the idea. There was a reason why she never went shopping.. she found it booooring. Chest rose and fell with a heavy huff, all while hands found her hips again. "Alright. You got a card or anything?"

"Of course. You can speak with my assistant and schedule your first appointment so that we can sit down and discuss the details, get your measurements, do a color test and other things." She lifted a finger to indicate she would be back and walked back to the table to pull a business card from her purse. Blowing an air kiss at G, she turned to go back to the couch and handed Seiri the card. "My assistant's name is Adam. He will be expecting your call."

Pinching at that card with index and middle, she'd pull it closer to eye-level and give it a good look. Front, then back. Bringing it away from her eyes so that she could look to Merci again. "Sounds good. I'll ring sometime in the morning." Another look to the card before bringing it behind herself to shove into backpocket. "I should head out. Do I need to do that whole double-cheek-kiss thing you fashion girls do?"

Merci shook her head, laughing. "No, I prefer real kissing to air kissing any day." She quickly held up a hand to forestall any idea that the woman might get about really giving her a kiss. "We can shake hands. Since I am a businesswoman as much as one of those fashion girls." A perfectly manicured hand was stretched towards her.

That's good. Because Seirichi was already leaning in. Call it confusion - because that's the type of look she had on her face. That, and a follow up shrug. Hand held out then and took hold of the other womans. A not so girly grasp offered. Along with a nice, and maybe a little bit rough handshake.

A firm grasp met the Siovanui's for a strong shake as Merci flashed a smile. "I will speak with you soon then. Have a pleasant night."

A smile like that? Seirichi couldn't help but flash a bright one of her own. "Thanks again. And you too. Don't tire your boy out too much, 'kay?" Looking over in G's diretion as she said this. Hand pulled away, offering a wave here and there before she turned about and made her way for those stairs.

Merci watched Seiri, with a brow raised, as she walked away. Her gaze shifted to G before she laughed a little.

Taken from live play. Thanks to the players of Seirichi and G.
Life is a runway. Walk it like you own it.~

Return to “The Runway”