Things on My Mind

Out of Character message board for the Duel of Magic

Moderator: Staff

PrlUnicorn
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Things on My Mind

Post by PrlUnicorn »

I tend to avoid opening subjects like this because I have a volatile temper that sometimes gets the better of me. I don't always agree with the rulings of the sports' coordinators. I try to be civil when addressing disagreements, especially on the boards. That is not always easy.

Tuesday night in the Green Room, I saw a few things that troubled me. The proverbial straw for me, despite an apology having been offered later, was the disrespect shown to our Duel of Magic Coordinator, Max, over a request/ruling she made regarding OOC constructs being brought into IC context. My experiences with Max as DoM coordinator and fellow player have always been positive ones.

As I watched the scroll going by, I pretty much had to sit on my hands because if what I had been thinking came out of my fingers, I might have been temporarily or permanently banned from the server and forums. I felt somewhat helpless because the people that had made DoM fun for me again were being treated poorly. While I know that Max, Karma, and Royal are more than capable of speaking for themselves, they deserve better than my silence. As a player I'm frustrated when I see their joint efforts at making things better for everyone undermined.

This is another thing I saw that bothered me during play on Twilight Isle; altering the ring wards. At last check, the part of the setting where duels take place is under the DoM team's jurisdiction. They should be consulted and give approval before that kind of thing is done. Since one of the staff brought up the subject in the Green Room, it was clear to me that they were not consulted.

There have been many past coordinators that have all made contributions to Twilight Isle and its Environs. Being a past coordinator from any era doesn't give someone right to overrule the current coordinator and her team. I would be upset/angry if Klytus himself behaved this way. For those that have been in the shoes of being a past coordinator, please take a moment to think how you might feel if one of your predecessors was constantly on you telling how they used to do things. I doubt that would be seen as well meant.

Thank you for your time,

C.

Return to “Duel of Magic (OOC)”