Fire Tower Challenge

Events and announcements from the enchanted isle of the Duel of Magic.

Moderator: Staff

Rachael Blackthorne
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Fire Tower Challenge

Post by Rachael Blackthorne » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:13 am

A thick white sheet of parchment was tacked to the corkboard with a black and gold pushpin. The message that it contained was written in an exceptionally precise left-handed script in black ink. A seal in black and gold wax with the impression in the wax of a panther head was at the bottom of the parchment.

The time has arrived.

I hereby challenge for the right and honour of being the custodian of the Tower of Fire.

Waiting has filled.

--Rachael Blackthorne
Prior custodian of the Celestial Tower
Prior custodian of the Tower of Air
Prior custodian of the Tower Of Earth
Max Lager
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Fire Tower Challenge

Post by Max Lager » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:51 am

This challenge is valid and may proceed!!
Phil Goshawke
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Phil Goshawke » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:47 pm

Phil had been gone from the Tower of Fire for a handful of days -- not quite long enough for the Tower’s guardians to worry about his well-being, but getting close to that point. He had been tight-lipped as to the reason for his return back to Coalhold, saying only that there was “unrest” at home. They hadn’t pushed the matter with him, since much of their attention was focused on caring for Avrie’s amnesia.

As one day without communication became two, then three, then four, Phil’s absence began to grow more and more disconcerting. They considered checking with the other Keepers -- Andrea, Xanth, even Eregor in his position in the Tower opposite of theirs -- or, at the very least, discussing their worries with those Towers’ guardians. Just as they were about to present their concerns to the Isle’s dueling community, a portal opened up well above the brass building. A black raven flew through it, a letter tied neatly to his tarsus. Þjelgr untied the string keeping the note attached, and read it.

Dear Dueling Community at Large,

I had hoped not to ever have to write a letter like this after all the work I went through to get where I am, but life doesn’t always let you do the things that you want to do. Unfortunately, the jötnar have decided to declare war against Midgard and my hometown of Coalhold is the frontline of this fight. Their need for my magical knowledge, magical prowess, and engineering skills dwarfs any of the ties I have with RhyDin, the duels included. Therefore, it is with a heavy heart that I resign my position as the Keeper of the Tower of Fire. The Key itself has already been sent to Max and Royal for their safekeeping and to dispense of it how they see fit.

If all goes well I hope to return to RhyDin City someday but if it doesn’t it’s been a pleasure participating in your duels and meeting you all.

Sincerely,

Phil Goshawke

Þjelgr looked to the other guardians, who seemed more stunned than anything else at the news. They stood in silence for quite some time, until…

“...Does this mean someone else is going to try to run up the volcano again to take the Tower?” The elemental who spoke, a humanoid figure made entirely of flame, folded their arms when they finished. Þjelgr laughed, slowly and quietly, the mirth never quite reaching his eyes.

“Perhaps. But you all know what to do. Darius, The One Who Burns the Brake, you’re back on guard duty. I’m going to speak with Max and Royal.” He let a smirk cross his face as he spoke his final words before departing. “Don’t burn the house down.”

((OOC Note: Unfortunately, due to work and other life commitments, I’m unable to defend the Tower of Fire at this time, and officially resign the position. I apologize for not taking this step sooner; I’ve been trying to get the balance right for some time now and I only have just recently realized that I can’t do it right now and for the foreseeable future. Thank you for your patience and understanding.))
Max Lager
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Max Lager » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:59 pm

Hello! Max here, keeping you all posted on the goings on and happenings on the Isle!

As Phil has retired his title of the Keeper of Fire, I am going to be reaching out privately to the current Keepers regarding who is to defend the Tower of Fire against Rachael*. However, Rachael you may of course rescind your challenge and challenge for a different tower if you so wish. If you wish to rescind or press on, please state as such below in the meantime while I am arranging who you would be facing.

Thank you!

((* The rules under Becoming a Keeper states: the DoM Coordinators will ask another Keeper to champion the vacant Tower and duel the challenger. There is no risk to the champion's own title. If the challenger defeats the champion, the challenger gains the Keeper rank and will hold the Tower of the element for which they issued challenge. If the champion defeats the challenger, the Keeper's title of the originally challenged element will be considered vacant (i.e. held by nobody) and will likely become a tournament prize. If you have any questions, please either PM me here on the forum or contact me on Discord, thank you! ))
Max Lager
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Max Lager » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:22 pm

Senior Keeper and the current Keeper of the Tower of Air, Xanth Van Bokkelen, has agreed to act as champion for this challenge.

While the option to rescind still stands, if Rachael still wishes to proceed then she has three weeks from this post to complete the challenge. Rachael, it is still upon you to reach out and contact Xanth and select a time, date and caller.

Thank you and good luck!

- Max Lager
Rachael Blackthorne
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Rachael Blackthorne » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:26 am

A thick white sheet of parchment was tacked to the corkboard with a black and gold pushpin. The message that it contained was written in an exceptionally precise left-handed script in black ink. A seal in black and gold wax with the impression in the wax of a panther head was at the bottom of the parchment.

To begin, I will not rescind the challenge that I have made for the right and honour to attain the custodianship of the Tower of Fire.

I am willing and honoured to face the champion that was selected, the honourable Keeper of Air, Xanth Van Bokkelen.

After consultation with the honourable Keeper of Air, the challenge for the custodianship of the Tower of Fire will take place on Friday, February 21st at 9PM by the Eastern clock tower. The honourable Coordinator of the Duel of Magic, Max Lager, will preside over the challenge.

--Rachael Blackthorne
Prior custodian of the Celestial Tower
Prior custodian of the Tower of Air
Prior custodian of the Tower Of Earth
Max Lager
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Max Lager » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:00 pm

This challenged happened this past Friday night! As previously stated, with Phil retiring the key, a champion was picked to defend the Tower of Fire against the pending challenger, Rachael Blackthorne. Xanth Van Bokkelen was selected, who is the current Keeper of Air! Both fighters showed up, ready and willing to show us an explosive good time!

It was a best of three, and Xanth defended in two straight matches! Thanks for stepping in Xanth and well tried Rachael! The match final results were: 5 - 2 in 7 rounds and 5 - 4 in 10 rounds.

The Tower of Fire will now remain vacant until the next All Rank's Tournament!

Return to “Twilight Isle”