Intent to Challenge Old Temple (Queue)

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

Bailey Raptis
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Location: Primarily Twilight Isle, Occasionally in New Haven and Kabuki Street

Intent to Challenge Old Temple (Queue)

Post by Bailey Raptis » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:02 pm

Dear Duel of Swords Community At Large,

As you are probably aware, my strongest talents in the Duels are in the mystical realms. Comparatively speaking, I have only dipped my toes into the Arena, though I have achieved a modicum of success in reaching Warlord, balanced by a humbling performance in the most recent Warlord Tournament. I strongly prefer the Isle's more politics-averse and education-friendly ways to the Arena's scheming and back-stabbing. That having been said, I have stepped into the Arena's rings on occasion when the political became personal, after Jonn Revelator sent an assassin after Mallory Maeda, our current Overlord and then Baroness of Battlefield Park. On her behest, I volunteered myself to the Overlord at the time, Matt Simon, to serve as his tester for Jonn's attempt to seize the Overlord's mantle.

There has been a lot of talk about disloyalty here on the boards recently -- from Hope and Colleen, among many others. I find the insinuation that any of my friends have been anything but faithful and true deeply insulting, and my only regret is that I did not step up sooner.

As proof of my loyalty to my friends, I am formally announcing my intent to challenge for Old Temple and be placed in a challenger's queue. I mean no disrespect to Gloria Blaze in adding my name to list -- I am merely putting my money where my mouth is, as the saying goes.

Sincerely,

Bailey Raptis
PrlUnicorn
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Re: Intent to Challenge Old Temple (Queue)

Post by PrlUnicorn » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:15 pm

Bailey,

So that there are no misunderstandings, am I correct that you are challenging for Old Temple because I referred to one of your friends as disloyal?

Colleen
Bailey Raptis
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Location: Primarily Twilight Isle, Occasionally in New Haven and Kabuki Street

Re: Intent to Challenge Old Temple (Queue)

Post by Bailey Raptis » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:19 pm

Dear Colleen (and anyone else who has a vested interest in my response),

At the risk of boring you by repeating myself, I will merely restate what I have said earlier, and let that speak for itself. "As proof of my loyalty to my friends, I am formally announcing my intent to challenge for Old Temple and be placed in a challenger's queue." I am not sure I can make my intentions any plainer than that. Any insinuations or suggestions that my challenge is inspired by anything other than what I just said I find to be disingenuous, and will not be dignified with any further remarks.

Respectfully,

Bailey Raptis

Return to “The Arena”