Challenge for Overlord

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

Gren Blockman
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Challenge for Overlord

Post by Gren Blockman » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:20 pm

To the current Overlord, Matt Simon:

Believe me when I say that I had my fill of being Overlord the first time it happened, more than four years ago. This is not a decision I make lightly, especially now that A certain anarchist has escaped and remains at large.

However, I do recognize how rare an opportunity like this exists in the dueling world, the possibility that someone can match Avery Shiv Blade’s incredible achievement of holding all the top titles at the same time.

So therefore I am challenging you for the title of Overlord.

I do look forward to meeting you in the ring, not only in the spirit of competition, but for the enjoyment of dueling fans everywhere.

Sincerely,

Gren Blockman
PC
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Location: Offices above the Pachinko Palace in Kabuki, at the Arena or Annex.

Re: Challenge for Overlord

Post by PC » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:24 pm

- Title holder acceptance must be publicly posted within 1 week of this validation.
- The challenge must be fought within 2 weeks of the title holders acceptance.
- This tool will assist in helping verify the required dates.
- Na-rae Takamine
Duel of Swords Coordinator
Evan Rush Rynth
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Evan Rush Rynth » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:46 am

To himself,

"Ah, he named dropped Avery Shiv Blade. Good guy."

Tags a small note to the end of the last:

"Good luck you two. This will be a match for the history books. Tri crown or not to tri crown. That is going to be the nail bitter!

-Evan Rush Rynth"
Evan Rush Rynth
House Rising
“It's like a good old fashion beating, ... within, inches of your life”
Goldglo
Coordinator
Coordinator

Post by Goldglo » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:12 am

Challenge accepted. Likely it will take place on Sunday the 20th.

—Matt
Michelle Montoya
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Michelle Montoya » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:08 am

Michelle walked by the arena boards, looking at the different notes and messages. She was seeking for one in particular when she found the Overlord challenge. "Perhaps Allen would like to see this. He has been asking to come and watch the duels." She made note of the evening mentioned by Matt before continuing on her business.
Michelle Montoya
House Royal

PC
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Location: Offices above the Pachinko Palace in Kabuki, at the Arena or Annex.

Post by PC » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:48 pm

The Overlord Challenge ended in a single duel. The Baroness of Battlefield Park, Mallory Maeda, acted as champion for the Overlord and defeated the challenger in a single duel. The final score was: 5-2 in 6.

[ "The Challenger, also former Overlord, and now current Archmage and Diamond of Duel of Magic and Duel of Fists respectfully, fights under a banner of grey Perrigan's Rangers banner with green oak tree. His lady of honor is Izira Nyte and his second is Jewell Ravenlock."

"The Overlord, Matthew Simon, fights under a banner of yellow and black. He has no persons of honor but his seconds are his wife Koy and children Thia and Malachite."

THE TEST 1: Gren starts the challenge off with a low swing but Mallory is waiting. ( LC / FCP ) - 1 Mallory
THE TEST 2: From defensive to offensive play! Mallory moves from her parry and counter attacks..! Gren attempts to defend, but it's far too low. ( FCP / HC ) - 2 Mallory
THE TEST 3: High to low. Mallory's attack continues as she catches Gren's escape attempt. ( FSS / LC ) - 3 Mallory
THE TEST 4: Mallory's going aggressive.. And Gren finally catches the break he needed! ( SH / SL ) 1-3 Mallory
THE TEST 5: It's a trade but one Gren can ill afford.. ( HC / LC ) 2-4 Mallory
THE TEST (6) FINAL: Gren's efforts to pivot away and gain some advantage in this fight is put to an end by Mallory's high swing. ( FSS / HC ) - 2-5 Mallory Wins
]
- Na-rae Takamine
Duel of Swords Coordinator
Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: Dunmovin (Outside of Rhydin City), Underwood (New Haven), or Caelum Training Center

Post by Claire Gallows » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:00 pm

You know, I had really hoped to watch an Overlord challenge tonight between two immensely talented duelists. We got that, sure, but it definitely wasn't between who it should have been.

To the Baroness of Battlefield Park, well dueled. You should be quite proud of that win.

To Gren, you deserved a proper shot at the crown.

To Matt, that was cheap as hell and I expected better out of you.

Dockside is loyal no more. Should anyone else wish to take a crack at the crown and would like an insurance policy in their corner, hit me up.

CRG
Renegade Baron of Dockside
King
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by King » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:11 pm

Real talk. There's three thousand nobles ready for the first person who challenges and defeats Matt.
Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: Dunmovin (Outside of Rhydin City), Underwood (New Haven), or Caelum Training Center

Post by Claire Gallows » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:49 pm

We'll double that. Make it 6k.
Evan Rush Rynth
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Evan Rush Rynth » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:28 am

"Overlord:

I have publicly with drew my challenge for the Baron of Seaside. Reason being is you hit a nerve with the test. The guy was trying for a triple crown and the history books and you did not even offer a best of three. The one time I met you, you were a good guy so this just did not sit well. Expect my challenge to come forth once our wonderful Standings Keeper posts them.

As you shall see, I have a history of being tested … starting with Dalamar ArDaumon and knocking out Jesse for Cletus to take the crown. Heck, even Shadow and E stood up for the right of a best of three when worthy. From the boards, I saw no mud thrown. So as I said, I am going to put my hat in the ring and be ready to be tested myself.

And I do understand testing is a right of the Overlord of this dueling sport but ya know, a well received challenge is just that.

-Evan Rush Rynth of House Rising"
Evan Rush Rynth
House Rising
“It's like a good old fashion beating, ... within, inches of your life”
Goldglo
Coordinator
Coordinator

Post by Goldglo » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:09 pm

Claire,

An alignment change is fully within your rights. If you feel that strongly about it, espeically without bothering to talk to me first, I invite you to come after me yourself. I'll even add to your & Terry's bounty payment...win or lose.

Evan, your nerves don't concern me. I appreciate the history lesson, though.

--Matt
Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Claire Gallows » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:51 pm

Matt,

Been there, done that. Twice over actually. Additionally, I'm like sixty weeks pregnant at the moment, so you'll have to be patient and wait for our next meeting in the rings.

CRG
Harris
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Harris » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:07 pm

Come on now, Matt is the same man that refused to fight a Madness winner when he was a Baron and allowed the Overlord to do it for him. Gren should’ve expected and prepared for a Test. Why is anyone surprised?

And half of those bounties should go to me as a refund for my time coming all the way from Adenna for a whole six rounds.
Mairead Harker
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Mairead Harker » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:09 pm

Testing a former Overlord? Seriously? Was no Renegade Baron able and/or willing to step in? I'll take this as inspiration to get back in the rings more. There's still time for me to add 'Baby' Overlord to my accomplishments.

Maggie
"And those who have not swords can still die upon them." - Eowyn, shieldmaiden of Rohan
Rachael Blackthorne
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Rachael Blackthorne » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:33 am

I have pondered this decision with the utmost care, taking the time to study the ramifications.

Therefore, as the custodian of Old Temple, I, Rachael Blackthorne, hereby remain loyal to the Mantle.

Return to “The Arena”