Please read before posting to the Storyboard
Jake
Top Thug
Top Thug
Warlord of the Boards

Location: Red Orc Brewery, a dueling venue, or the taverns of Badside

How to Request your own Story folder

Post by Jake »

Please review the following BEFORE posting a request.

Anyone may request a folder of their own for posting stories.

1) You need to have a minimum total of 20 posts (no filler posts just to hit the quota) across 2-3 topics before you can submit your folder request.

2) These postings should be started in one of our "shared" folders. Currently we have the following folders available for shared use;
The Streets of Rhy'Din
Beyond the Gates
The Arena
The Outback
Twilight Isle

3) Post your request in Folder Requests.

4) Staff will set up your folder and move your threads to the folder.

5) Keep on posting under the usual guidelines in your new folder.

6) The screenname used to make the initial request is considered the 'owner' of the folder and is the one who should request to add/remove other names as moderators. Moderators should not delete other players postings, instead they should be MOVED to the Moderators Holding Tank using the moderator tools.

7) Folders inactive for a reasonable* amount of time will be archived to The Back Alley. You may always ask for the folder to be reactivated at a later date when you are ready to continue your story.

*Right now, I'm culling on a yearly basis. As activity warrants, we'll revist how long before archiving.
FinMack
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Re: How to Request your own Story folder

Post by FinMack »

What if we had a folder on RDI and would like to transfer the entire body of work over here. Is that allowed? Or do I need to just post all the old ones and then have Management make a folder and physically move every thread in there? Want to make it as easy as possible.
Jake
Top Thug
Top Thug
Warlord of the Boards

Post by Jake »

FinMack wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:18 pm What if we had a folder on RDI and would like to transfer the entire body of work over here. Is that allowed? Or do I need to just post all the old ones and then have Management make a folder and physically move every thread in there? Want to make it as easy as possible.
There's no automatic way to transfer a folder.

Several folks in the past few months have in fact migrated their stuff over, and yes, unfortunately post by post.

My ask would be that you migrate over at least 20 posts (which is our stated minimum), in at least 2-3 separate threads, and then request the folder. We'll get it set up, and transfer the threads into it. Then you can migrate the rest of your posts over.

-Jake
Robert Infinity
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Robert Infinity »

I have this name and another I've been posting under, both in the same storyline. There will be a third name soon. When I request a folder, do I have to name all three as moderators?
Jake
Top Thug
Top Thug
Warlord of the Boards

Post by Jake »

Robert Infinity wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:02 pm I have this name and another I've been posting under, both in the same storyline. There will be a third name soon. When I request a folder, do I have to name all three as moderators?
No. It's perfectly ok to have just one moderator.

Return to “Storyboard Guidelines”