Challenge for Seaside

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

Vaeluthil Whitevale
Adventurer
Adventurer

Challenge for Seaside

Post by Vaeluthil Whitevale »

Cael
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Cael »

I'm going to need many a tankard for this...
DUEL Rayvinn
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Rayvinn »

This challenge is valid and may proceed. The Baron has until Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 12:15 AM RST to accept.

:::A list of challenge officials can be found tacked to the board:::
Guaire Bryne
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Guaire Bryne »

Challenge accepted! Let's not stand on ceremony let's start the show.

Guaire
Baron of Seaside
Last edited by Guaire Bryne on Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DUEL Rayvinn
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Rayvinn »

This challenge needs to be fought by Saturday, December 26, 2015 12:46 AM RST
Guaire Bryne
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Guaire Bryne »

We will be settling this challenge on Wednesday the 16th at 10pm RST. Dris will officiate.

Guaire
Baron of Seaside
Last edited by Guaire Bryne on Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cael
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Cael »

I'll be the one sleeping in Vael's corner. I saw this fellow fight on the big magic scrying pool in the pub and he was so inanimate that I don't know how he won. Least exciting fight I've ever seen.
DUEL Dris
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Dris »

People of the Duel of Swords!

Once again I was delighted to be chosen to officiate a challenge! Here are the particulars.

Warlady Vaeluthil Whitevale dueled under the banner of purple with sparkles! Her Second was Cael the Bravest. Her People of Honor were Cael the Bravest, Ellie the Lovely, Bob the Wiggly, Layla the Quiet, and (me) Dris the Handsome. The. Handsome.

Baron of Seaside Guaire Bryne dueled under absolutely no banner whatsoever. He listed no Second nor any Persons of Honor. Baron Bryne chose a best of three format to decide the fate of Seaside.

Our contestants fought only two of their three matches. Vaeluthil emerged victorious both times and managed to make off with the Barony of Seaside.

Well tried on that defense, Guaire! Congratulations, Vaeluthil!

Darling Vae has elected to align Loyal to the Overlord, if she will accept.

Here are the transcripts I know you all love.

Enjoy!

FIGHT #1 : Making Waves

Code: Select all

Round 1: "Perhaps it is the fact that we are in the presence of royalty that has inspired Vael to try to make off with his head! Alas, the Baron is good and ready for her and skillfully defends, being the one to make first blood instead!" ( HC / FLP ) 1 - 0 Guaire

Round 2: "Vae makes an elaborate run for it, but Guaire chases after her and mows her down to tackle yet another point and extend his lead." ( FSS / LC ) 2 - 0 Guaire

Round 3: "Guaire makes with the direct approach and tries to skewer himself a Vaeluthil, but she puts up a road block to stop him dead in his tracks and land herself a point." ( SH / TH ) 2 - 1 Guaire

Round 4: "As I like to say... Everybody scores at the swap meet! Vael goes high. Guaire goes low. Points for everybody! The Baron maintains the lead, however." ( HC / LC ) 3 - 2 Guaire

Round 5: "This time when Vae puts on her dancing shoes she successfully manages to avoid yet another attempted skewering, and also nicely ties up the score." ( FSS / TH ) 3 - 3

Round 6: "Here we ago again with a spectacular trade off, but this time it lands them both at four apiece and we come to SUDDEN DEATH!!!" ( HC / LC ) 4 - 4

Round 7: "Baron Bryne doubles back with the high swing that Vael fabulously limbos under to make off with the winning point for fight number one." ( FDU / HC ) 5 - 4 Vaeluthil
FIGHT #2 : Surf City

Code: Select all

Round 1: "Baron Bryne switches up the start with a defense on the down low that is spectacularly placed to catch and deflect that forward thrust from Vael, giving Guaire the point of first blood!" ( FCP / TH ) 1 - 0 Guaire

Round 2: "Vael turns up a fanciful high defense that the Baron is able to skillfully slide under and sneak in another point to extend his lead." ( FDU / FLP ) 2 - 0 Guaire

Round 3: "Guaire might be trying to hack off her legs with that low swing, but Vael's quicker on the draw and lands her first point on the board." ( LC / TH ) 2 - 1 Guaire

Round 4: "Time for a break! Our fighters show us their best moves, but nobody lands any strikes and the score doesn't change at all. Guaire maintains the lead. Next!" ( FDU / FSS ) 2 - 1 Guaire

Round 5: "Now they turn aggressive, but when weapons collide nobody scores! Baron Bryne keeps hanging onto that lead and we move along to yet another round." ( LC / LC ) 2 - 1 Guaire

Round 6: "Vael successfully hacks and slashes here way through Guaire's otherwise impressive defense to bring this match to a tie at twos." ( FLP / SL ) 2 - 2

Round 7: "Guaire swings high for the decapitating strike, but he's not fast enough to land it before Vael's forward thrust strikes true, giving her the lead." ( HC / TH ) 3 - 2 Vaeluthil

Round 8: "Vae puts on her dancing shoes and makes a break for it, but Guaire doubles back to hack off her legs and bring this match back to even at threes." ( LC / FSS ) 3 - 3

Round 9: "The Baron goes as low as he can go, but it's not enough to save him from that forward thrust of Vael's. The Warlady takes the lead at match point." ( FDU / TH ) 4 - 3 Vaeluthil

Round 10: "This time when Vael makes a run for it, it's a clean getaway and she runs off with Guaire's barony in the process of securing her victory." ( TH / FSS ) 5 - 3 Vaeluthil

Return to “The Arena”