Questions Thread

Moderators: Achievements, Staff

Mairead Harker
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
'Baby' Baroness

Re: Questions Thread

Post by Mairead Harker »

Kalamere wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:07 am The DoS All Ranks will replace the WLT and Talon tournament as far as qualifying for those 2 achievements. Later today I'll get the language on them updated to reflect that. Winner of the ART will qualify for Last Person Standing and whoever walks away with the Talon will qualify for the Talon achievement.
Thanks for the response! I can post the request now. :)
"And those who have not swords can still die upon them." - Eowyn, shieldmaiden of Rohan
Rachael Blackthorne
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
The Professor

Location: Current: Number 6 Willow Way, Canopy District, Gloaming. Former: a beach house in Arcadia.

Post by Rachael Blackthorne »

I have a question about the Working-Class Hero achievement.

This is the exact wording according to the achievements list: Defeat all the Barons.

Would the defeat of a Baron in a challenge match (in other words winning against them in the match) count as defeating that Baron, or must the defeat occur in regulation dueling?
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

Rachael Blackthorne wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:21 pm I have a question about the Working-Class Hero achievement.

This is the exact wording according to the achievements list: Defeat all the Barons.

Would the defeat of a Baron in a challenge match (in other words winning against them in the match) count as defeating that Baron, or must the defeat occur in regulation dueling?
Challenge matches count.
PrlUnicorn
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PrlUnicorn »

Since the Panther's Claw was retired, will the achievement be as well?
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

PrlUnicorn wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:16 pm Since the Panther's Claw was retired, will the achievement be as well?
Up to the Outback crew really. I've left in play just in case they decide to have a special event to put it into circulation again.
Droet the Bold
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Droet the Bold »

I just want to ask to clarify the That's Rank achievements here.
You have to beat people of each rank during one cycle. Does that means beating five people in a cycle? For example in DoF, a Glass-rank, a Jade-rank, a Ruby-rank, a Sapphire-rank, and an Emerald-rank? or do title holders count as an additional rank (or ranks) you have to beat? Do I need to beat the Diamond to claim this achievement? Do title holders count as the top rank, such as Emerald-rank here?

And because I'm new, I'm going to ask that a cycle is a season, yes? I've only been in one cycle so far?
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

Droet the Bold wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:53 pm I just want to ask to clarify the That's Rank achievements here.
You have to beat people of each rank during one cycle. Does that means beating five people in a cycle? For example in DoF, a Glass-rank, a Jade-rank, a Ruby-rank, a Sapphire-rank, and an Emerald-rank? or do title holders count as an additional rank (or ranks) you have to beat? Do I need to beat the Diamond to claim this achievement? Do title holders count as the top rank, such as Emerald-rank here?

And because I'm new, I'm going to ask that a cycle is a season, yes? I've only been in one cycle so far?
For purposes of the That's Rank achievement, the titles count as ranks. So, for DoF, you would need to defeat 1 Opal and the Diamond in addition to the other ranks you listed.

A cycle is a period of 3 months (DoF and DoS) or 2 months (DoM) that roughly goes along with a season. If you look at the top of the standings for a given sport, it will tell you what cycle it is and what week of the cycle is being reported in those standings. eg: The DoF standings currently read:
DoF Standings wrote:Outback News and Standings
Summer Cycle, Week 11
September 12th - September 18th
DoM doesn't look to tell you what cycle they are in, but it does state "Week 9 of 9", so you can see from that what weeks are included in a given cycle.

Hope that helps,
Kal
Rachael Blackthorne
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
The Professor

Location: Current: Number 6 Willow Way, Canopy District, Gloaming. Former: a beach house in Arcadia.

Post by Rachael Blackthorne »

Kalamere wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 7:04 am
Rachael Blackthorne wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:21 pm I have a question about the Working-Class Hero achievement.

Challenge matches count.
I have another question about achievements like Working-Class Hero and others which involve defeating title holders (Baron, Opal, Keeper, Overlord, Diamond, Archmage).

Do defeats in tournaments count versus the title holders?
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

Rachael Blackthorne wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:34 am [I have another question about achievements like Working-Class Hero and others which involve defeating title holders (Baron, Opal, Keeper, Overlord, Diamond, Archmage).

Do defeats in tournaments count versus the title holders?
Yup, challenge and tournament wins count. Sometimes that's the only way to get those folks in a ring with you.
Mairead Harker
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
'Baby' Baroness

Post by Mairead Harker »

I have a question on Coven Killer. The requirement is: Defeat the Coordinator of each sport, and one of their staff, in the sport they oversee.
Since players are not required to continuously update to the current Barons, Opals, or Keepers to gain Working-Class Hero, Gemcutter, and Siege Master, respectively, are they also allowed to count past staff and coordinators for Coven Killer?
"And those who have not swords can still die upon them." - Eowyn, shieldmaiden of Rohan
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

Mairead Harker wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:55 pm I have a question on Coven Killer. The requirement is: Defeat the Coordinator of each sport, and one of their staff, in the sport they oversee.
Since players are not required to continuously update to the current Barons, Opals, or Keepers to gain Working-Class Hero, Gemcutter, and Siege Master, respectively, are they also allowed to count past staff and coordinators for Coven Killer?
Yup, as long as there's an official record of the duel. If you have a win against me in the mid 90's you could count it for DoS, but finding the official record would likely be problematic.
Mairead Harker
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
'Baby' Baroness

Post by Mairead Harker »

Kalamere wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:46 pm Yup, as long as there's an official record of the duel. If you have a win against me in the mid 90's you could count it for DoS, but finding the official record would likely be problematic.
I was thinking more in terms of the recent change over in Coordinators for DoS and DoF. However, the rest is good to know! Thanks :)
PrlUnicorn
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PrlUnicorn »

Kal, I have a question on your notation here: viewtopic.php?p=206022#p206022 regarding You Shall Not Pass!
Done. I think technically this one is meant for the person who wins the duel (Rhys in this case), but it's been awarded in both cases, so granting it. -Kal

Given how the current rules are written regarding testing challengers, wouldn't the Squire, Overlord, or grant holder successfully defeating the challenger be eligible for I Got Yer Back - Defeat the Challenger in a Test of Worthiness ? The rules currently refer to a test from a Squire as Test of Worthiness.

From the synopsis:
Squires can help their Overlord/Baron during a challenge match in something that is called a “Test of Worthiness”.
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

PrlUnicorn wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:07 pm Kal, I have a question on your notation here: viewtopic.php?p=206022#p206022 regarding You Shall Not Pass!
Done. I think technically this one is meant for the person who wins the duel (Rhys in this case), but it's been awarded in both cases, so granting it. -Kal

Given how the current rules are written regarding testing challengers, wouldn't the Squire, Overlord, or grant holder successfully defeating the challenger be eligible for I Got Yer Back - Defeat the Challenger in a Test of Worthiness ? The rules currently refer to a test from a Squire as Test of Worthiness.

From the synopsis:
Squires can help their Overlord/Baron during a challenge match in something that is called a “Test of Worthiness”.
Yes, I believe the squire defending the OL/Baron in that style of intercession would be entitled to "I Got Yer Back".
Mairead Harker
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
'Baby' Baroness

Post by Mairead Harker »

I have a question on Don't Drink the Water

This scene was posted and played out in chat during the Desert Sky Festival. Maggie, along with her past and future selves, came together to hatch the dragon egg she gained during The Luck Be a Keeper Tonight event. Her past self came forward and used PathFinder to help hatch the egg effectively making the hatchling one of the Opal Children. Can that scene be used to fulfill the requirement for the achievement?

Return to “Achievement Awards”