Challenge for the Tower of Fire

Events and announcements from the enchanted isle of the Duel of Magic.

Moderator: Staff

BrigathC
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Challenge for the Tower of Fire

Post by BrigathC » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:12 am

Etherean, my friend, I was just perusing the histories of our fair isle and discovered that you have tied my record for the most successful defenses of a tower. I am perfectly willing to share that honor, however I would prefer that I have a hand in the determination of whether or not you should surpass me.

And so, I challenge your for your key and tower. Should I win, I will have not only gained the title, but defended our shared record. Should I lose, there will be no doubt that you deserve to be the record holder since you will have bested the previous holder of that honor to attain it.

I look forward to your response, and our battle within the rings.

Brigath Cedran
DUEL Topaz
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by DUEL Topaz » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:03 pm

Upon a successful defense, the winning Keeper may not be challenged for one month (4 weeks). He or she will also retain the rights and privileges of that title. If another challenge is issued to that Keeper within the four (4) week period, they may accept it if they wish, but they are not required to do so until the grace period has expired.
Etherean Esperwind most recent defense of his title was on 24 May.

Topaz
DoM Coordinator
BrigathC
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by BrigathC » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:45 pm

30 Days have now elapsed. I am re-upping my challenge.
DUEL Topaz
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by DUEL Topaz » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:59 am

The challenge is valid and may proceed.

Topaz
DoM Coordinator
Esperwind
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Esperwind » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:45 pm

Is Wednesday, June 27th, at 10:00 PM EDT acceptable?

Etherean
BrigathC
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by BrigathC » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:54 am

Earlier in the evening would be better, but if that is the earliest you can do, then I'll be there.
BrigathC
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by BrigathC » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:33 am

Azjah Von Drachen Walde has agreed to officiate this match for us.
DUEL Azjah
RoH Official
RoH Official

Results of the match

Post by DUEL Azjah » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:40 pm

It was the night of Brig’s challenge to Etherean, and the beach on Twilight Isle was silent as I made my way to the chaise to wait for both men. Brigath is a former Keeper of formidable expertise and wily as they come. Etherean on the other hand is a creature of few words, and even fewer kind words, but his prowess is unrivaled by any in this realm. It would be a night of intense battle, I could feel it in the air.

Brig arrived first, and he came over to give me a hug. It was good to see him after his absence. Etherean arrived shortly thereafter, sauntering down the path from his tower. We began the affair with very little fanfare as both men stepped into the ring, observed the niceties and began their casting.

Brigath took the early lead by securing an advantageous armor against Etherean’s blades, but Etherean quickly regrouped and first tied it up, and then pulled ahead and never once relinquished his lead. He secured the first match win in 9 rounds with a score of 5.5-2.5.

The second match began immediately as neither man requested a break. This time Etherean took the opening lead with a quick mage bolt that left Brig’s mind whip lost and confused. The former Keeper Brigath did not seem to recover from that bolt and Etherean pulled out to a 3-0 lead by the end of the third round.

Brig rallied a bit in the 4th round as his noxious fumes consumed Etherean’s arctic winds, but then rounds 5, 6 and 7 all went to Etherean, who secured his second win in 7 rounds, defeating Brigath 5-1.

Etherean retains his ring and his tower!

Congratulations to both duelists on a fine match.
Azjah Telyria Danaan Caer
Marchioness von Triberg
Baroness von Drachen Walde
Esperwind
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Results of the match

Post by Esperwind » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:14 pm

DUEL Azjah wrote: Etherean on the other hand is a creature of few words, and even fewer kind words, but his prowess is unrivaled by any in this realm.
Flatterer.

Return to “Twilight Isle”