Challenge for the ring historically known as the Eighth

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

Anubis Karos
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Challenge for the ring historically known as the Eighth

Post by Anubis Karos » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:12 am

I have issued challenge to the Senior Baroness, Topaz, for her ring. The peers have been verified and the challenge approved. The challenge is set
Thursday, the seventh day of the final month of the flood season in the Valley. It shall commence at four hours before midnight according to Rhydin's clock.

It seems that some have wished to question my motives for challenging. I can understand why, given that we have been swamped with superfluous challenges in the Arena as of late, and given that it is common knowledge that a two-time Supreme Duelist is answerable to the common idiots of the basement for anything he wishes to do. The Baroness seems to have collectively cowed the Warlords with her skill and her defenses. But I am cowed by no one.

((Thursday, Sept. 7, 9 EST!!!))
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

Post by G » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:18 am

Anubis,

You're still an idiot. It doesn't matter how many titles you hold, nor does it matter that you're a two time Former overlord. Everyone is under the spyglass when they issue a challenge. Don't, for one second, think that you're better than anyone else. You're not.

Considering you lost your titles, does that mean that those who beat you for them are better than you? I would guess you to say they weren't. But if you think you're so good because you held titles, I would say that those beating you would be considered better than you.

And no, I don't care what your reasons for challenging are. I never will. You challenge simply because you think you're so great. Oh well, happy for you that someone out there thinks you're good.

Well, in any case, it's just a lot of blowhard ego coming from you as per usual. Doesn't surprise me one bit.

But just double checking, four hours before midnight, So, Eight PM. Gotcha.

(4 hours before midnight is 8. :P So is it actually 8 or 9?)
Karen Wilder
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Karen Wilder » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:10 am

Anubis...

Yer still a coward.

So, do ye plan on usin' th' Ring as a steppin' stone tae th' Mantle, like so many afore?

Tae bad yer nae likely tae win, ain't it?

Th' worms're comin' out o' th' woodwork... who're ye an' Vanion gonna get tae challenge Rena then?
Lady Karen Wilder
Knight-Commander of the Order of the Knights Templar
Chris Graziano
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Chris Graziano » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:03 am

I'd love to see us swamped with any type of challenges, superfluous or not.

cg
Elijah
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Location: Solaris Manor or Dancing Dragon Cantina, RhyDin city

Post by Elijah » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:20 pm

Karen,

Why do you believe because you and Topaz have been challenged that Rena is the next likely target of any kind of conspiricy? Are you sensing some sort of sexist biased in the recent challenges that is not obviously apparent to the rest of us duelers?
Topaz
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Topaz » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:09 pm

Dear Duel of Swords Community,

I have accepted Anubis's challenge. It is to be held on September 7th at 9 PM EST (That's three hours prior to midnight.) in the Annex.

I will be dueling under my own colors of black and silver on sky-blue. Lucien Datrazanov will stand as my second.

Topaz
Baroness of the 8th and Dragon Gate
Karen Wilder
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Karen Wilder » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:10 pm

Elijah wrote:Karen,

Why do you believe because you and Topaz have been challenged that Rena is the next likely target of any kind of conspiricy? Are you sensing some sort of sexist biased in the recent challenges that is not obviously apparent to the rest of us duelers?
I made thet comment based on what I'd heard Vanion sayin' a couple weeks ago, E.

Ain't nothin' "sexist" 'bout it, 'least from my point o' view.
Lady Karen Wilder
Knight-Commander of the Order of the Knights Templar
Elijah
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Location: Solaris Manor or Dancing Dragon Cantina, RhyDin city

Post by Elijah » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:21 am

Karen,

Thanks for the clarification.
DUEL Xenograg
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Xenograg » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:45 pm

The Baroness has asked me to officiate this Challenge, and I have agreed.

(signed)
Xenograg Bey
Fourth Overlord of the Duel of Swords
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
DUEL Xenograg
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Xenograg » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:16 pm

On September 7th, it was my duty and privilege to officiate the Baronial Challenge for Dragon's Gate. The challenger, Anubis Karos, dueled without a Second with Dawn Shadowsbane-Karos as his Lady of Honor, in absentia. His banner bore the Eye of Ra with an ebony viper threading through it. Baroness Topaz Datrazanov took Lucien Datrazanov as her Second and bearer of her Favor. Her standard bore a falcon in black and silver upon a light blue field.

The Overlord's right to intercede was invoked, and Anubis faced Cory in the ring. The challenger drew first blood with a thrust in the first round. The Overlord scored right back in round two, but that would be his sole point of the match. Anubis handily defeated Cory, 5-1 in 8 rounds, with a fine mix of offense in defense, winning with a slash.

Code: Select all

Cory / Anubis
 HC / TH
 LC / FSS
FLP / FDU
FSS / SS
 HC / TH
FLP / FCP
 TH / FSS
FCP / SL
Topaz stepped into the ring to defend her own title. She took first blood in round two and proceeded to dominate this duel the same way Anubis had the previous one. The challenger's sole point was a parry-and-riposte in Round 7, in time to simply prevent a shut-out. Topaz won 5-1 in 8 rounds and retained her Ring and the dignity of Senior Baroness.

Code: Select all

Topaz / Anubis
 CP / FDI
 LC / SH
FSS / FLP
 SH / FSS
 HC / CP
 LC / SH
 HC / FLP
 LC / SH
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."

Return to “The Arena”