Checking on Tass.

The Adventures of RDI Bartender and DoS/DoF Caller, Tera Destre La Fontaine.

Moderators: Tera Destre, Gavilean

Tera Destre
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Checking on Tass.

Post by Tera Destre »

Taking out the token she says his name then looks around to see where she has ended up. “Tass.”

Tass was sitting among the many books of his library in the city proper.. his gaze was lost in thought, half glazed as he stared at an old picture.. a simple picture.. the head of a silver dragon.. a female silver dragon. He never bothered to look around.. his gaze still locked to that picture. “Is all well?”

Des crossed the library and rounded the desk coming to sit on the arm of the chair and wrapping her arms around his shoulders as she glanced at the picture he was looking at. "I came to ask you that Darlin'"

The old dragon in human form finally tore his gaze away from the painting, then looked to her.. assessing her. “Why?”

"Because you weren't acting like yourself last night and I brought ya a message too. So mind telling me what is goin' on?" She smiled softly to him as he looked at her.

“Much and nothing..” He chuckled softly to himself. “Yanno.. I seem to be saying that quite a bit lately..” It was obvious his mind was wondering.. he was taking off on tangents from his thoughts.

The cowgirl chuckled softly and hugged him. "I don't wanna hear no double talking from ya today Darlin'. This here is me and you. You didn't even say howdy to Kyn last night ya know. That ain't like you. Not even a kiss tackle from ya to her. Something is wrong and I'm here to help but first I gotta know straight out what is goin' on."

Tass grew quite for a while, his gaze once more turning to the painting.. then, his voice came, though softly. “I had intended to.. though she left before I could.. Des.. I like her.. I truly do.. but I'm not sure I'm ready for something.. serious again. I don't want to lose her.. but...” He sighed, the sentence dying off.. when he started again, he voice was even softer. “When the war ended.. well.. it still not over, but the fighting is.. it the fighting ended, I thought that things would be simple enough to fix.”

“I was wrong.. she (Tass's wife, Spike) is not healed, nor do I believe she will want to be.. it is her choice.. but still, I could not fix it.. and the land is still torn.. I have to help Kor Jon in his transition, I have to get Alais back to herself.. Sid's fighting her own battles that have drawn me in.. the Barony.. the..” Again, the sentence died off. “I've grown tired, Des.. and I feel almost totally at wits end. I don't want to lose her.. but I don't want to..” He sighed again.”

Still smiling softly she snuggled him close to her and just held him there gently as she listened to everything that was going on with him. Occasionally she nodded before speaking when he was through. "Spike has made her own choice then, Tass. You can not change that and must move on just as I have had to move on after Jean. After having talked to Kyn the message I was to give you was that she doesn't expect you to settle down right away. But you saying hi and all would have been appreciated. She doesn't want to interfer in your life or anything because she knows you are busy but she does like and care about you. About all the rest... Kor Jon, Alias, Sid, and the Barony. You never have taken time for yourself and there you were last night in the alley going to fight that idiot that was bothering me. Have you even considered just taking some time for yourself to recover from the war you just got done fighting Darlin'?"

He shook his head. “There is often very little time for myself.. there is always something which calls for my attention.. and I don't mean you, or Kyn.. not that kind of attention grabber.” He knew he was blabbing.. but it was oddly enough comforting. “More like a situation that grabs and eats at my attention.” He wasn't sure he was making sense.. but oh well.

She nodded slowly as after all these years she understood what he was trying to say just fine. "Now that is just a part of you that has always been there. Granted I have noticed you gettin' worse about it lately but I figured it had to do with the war and all. Maybe what you need and don't know it is a distraction and this is the perfect opportunity to have yourself one."
Tera Destre
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Tera Destre »

“Perhaps.. but then I have to worry about you and Moonglow.” There was a small smile that tugged at the edges of his lips.

"You have been hitting the bottle to hard again Tass. Or you have split yourself one too many times because I don't know what you are talking about." She shook her head at him. "Now about this distraction you could start by taking Kyn to the Pathfinder challenge tonight. She might enjoy that."

“Watching Farek and Anubis pummel each other.. that is something that many would enjoy watching.. and you know perfectly well what I am talking about.. but no matter.. it is enough that you know I know.” He chuckled.

Des crinkled her nose to him because she did know that he knew but she asn't about to admit it come hell or high water and he knew that she wouldn't admit it either. "I'm going. Well at least I'm planning to."

“What would keep you from going?”, Tass asked knowing how much she enjoyed a good fight.

She grinned to him. "My Boy Toy is going to stomp a mud hole in that Tanzin I just don't know when and I wanna be there to see it!"

“It isn't worth the effort.. both in seeing it, nor in acting in it. He will soon enough fade in obscurity.”

"Well I like watching Brian fight."

“Then why hasn't he made his way to the basement? Or the outback?” He grinned.

"Because he prefers his fighting less structured which is why I like to watch him fight. I can see fighting in those places all the time but he rarely fights and he does it so very well when he does Darlin'." She grinned right back to him.

He leaned back into her, his head coming to rest on her chest. “Thank you..”

She lightly stroked his hair with one hand as the other arm stayed around his shoulders and she smiled warmly even though he couldn't see it. "You are very welcome. You know I luv ya Darlin'. I'll do anything I can for ya anytime I can."

Tass chuckled softly. “It is I that is suppose to be your protector and confidant.”

She lowered her cheek to rest atop his head and murmured. "And you know by now that with us it will always be a two-way street Darlin'."

Return to “It's A Bartender's Life For Me”