Letter to Her Boy Toy # 2.

The Adventures of RDI Bartender and DoS/DoF Caller, Tera Destre La Fontaine.

Moderators: Tera Destre, Gavilean

Tera Destre
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Letter to Her Boy Toy # 2.

Post by Tera Destre »

Taking the Elven Dagger Des quickly sliced out only the one page that she needed from the back of her new journal a sat to write a letter as fast as she could.

Dear Boy Toy,

I have very important news for you that can not wait! A man that is highly regarded among the slavers is in a VERY foul mood and looking for a fight. He is totally pissed that the scum sucking salamander dared to assess my potential and then attempted to terrorize me by speaking to me in my mind.

Please trust me when I say you do not want to tangle with this one. This particular person is looking to get involved ONLY because I now work in what he considers HIS territory to chose from. He has been known to collar Callers in the past. Do not worry though I am safe from him trying to own me.

He knows how I feel about that and would not do that to me. He has agreed to give me the protection of his name now against the scum sucking salamander and since they do know each other this apparently will get the scum sucking salamander to leave me alone and possibly even get him the fight that he is longing for with someone.

I almost got in a ring with him at the time but the rings in the Outback are not warded and dang but he was in a foul mood that night. He calmly informed me that I needed to be very sure I wanted to do that. Even though I don’t back down from a fight even I could see that it was not the time or place to be taking him on.

I did tell him that I would happily fight him another night when he wasn’t in such a nasty mood. I should clarify this. I had challenged him. He didn’t challenge me to that fight. I picked the wrong guy for certain sure that time and thankfully this here time I realized it before it was too late!

That is the update that I have for you on the scum sucking salamander situation. Do you have any news? I’m feeling rather left out since I have been mostly staying at home or working this past week. Well I have been to the Cemetery a couple of times but I’m not counting that.

I know you must be pretty shocked and horrified by all the rumors flying around town about me and although I don’t owe anyone any explanations I do care about you and I know that you do care about me and so I am gonna tell you a little bit about what is going on.

Gav and I first met about 13 years ago in the Arena the first time I worked there. It was love at first sight. Believe it or not I was kind of shy back then and didn’t say anything. Well he didn’t say anything either. Since neither of us said anything to the other we went our separate ways and ended up both of us in unhappy marriages back then.

Once you love somebody a part of your heart always loves them. Well unless you end up in a horrid divorce or something like that and that love gets twisted to hatred but that had never happened to Gav and I. We had just kept that love hidden from each other, thinking it was not returned by the other, and got involved with other people.

So now you know why it is so important to me when I see people that look like they have a chance of falling in love with each other, or that might already be having feelings for each other, to help them along in expressing those feelings to each other from the very beginning.

Gav and I missed out on so very many years of happiness and don’t get me wrong now Brian I would not trade the time, short though it was, that I had with my Beloved French Pirate, and he will always hold a special place in my heart, for anything in the entire world but wishing for what I can’t have back is only going to get me sitting around crying and drinking and missing out on my second chance at love.

Which reminds me... How are things going with you and Charlotte? I want to come to the wedding but I still don’t know when it is.

Love,
Des
Tera Destre
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Tera Destre »

Brian was a training hall near his office in town, when the messenger arrived. Taking the letter in hand, a generous tip was given to the boy, as Brian knew he must have done some foot work to have tracked him to the hall. The messenger left the hall, and Brian took a seat near the fighting rings and opened the letter. Brian smiled fondly as he read the letter, and then decided it was time to walk over to the office and reply.

Des,

It was nice to hear from you, once again I am terribly sorry for your loss. I know how much you both loved each other.

Now on to Business. In regards to your slaver bad boy, if you feel safe in that situation, than I am fine with it. But should you need me, I truly hope you will call on me. That's what I am there for, even if it's a fight where I am over my head, in that case I'lljust need to get a bigger stick, so have some faith in me.

Now in regards to the SSSS (Scum Sucking Salamander Situation) all is quiet on the home front. Fire arrived and offered her assistance, I explained we would each make our moves when needed and then meet at the end when it was over. So far no actions from the slavers whatsoever, and Fire has not been seen since. Granted she did get a bit flirty with my sister, even gave her a feather. So that made for an interesting sight. Renna and I took a visit to the Chained Inn for a bit, nothing out of the ordinary. So now it is a waiting game and with everything that has happened to each of us, I am happy for that.

As far as you and Gav, I will not lie to you. Especially since I care a great deal about you, and your happiness and I trust you will not hold my intitial feelings against me. With that aside here I go.. I was shocked and truth be told I was upset. An while I did in fact voice my opinion openly, I did not judge you. I just truly did not understand exactly how you and Gav felt for each other. But I did know how you and Jean felt about each other. I still think the timing sucked a bit, especially with so many people that cared for Jean and would look at it as not only poor timing, but a bad showing after his loss. But I had some time to think..

I really don't know what I would have done in your situation, but I do know one thing. If I were Jean, and I loved you as dearly as I know he did. I would not want you to stop moving foward, and I would not want you unhappy. I believe in m'heart that is what Jean feels as well. I know if if I were to leave this world into the ever after, I would not want Charlotte to be unhappy and roaming all depressed as hell, but on the other hand I wouldn't exactly want her running into the arms of another man right after I was laid to rest as well. I understand how you both feel about each other (You and Gav) and I know of your past and so long as you and he are happy and living your lives to the best of what you can do, I will stand by you for whatever it is worth to you.

As far as Charlotte and I were are dealing with a lot, but we are fine. It's been a rough few weeks for us both, especially in the relationship department, but we are plowing through it. This deal with Renna, and the Gauntlet and whatever else came down the pipe just had bad timing on us both. A date for the wedding hasn't been set yet, but I hope to have one soon. Char has been buggin' me to make my mind up, and I know I need to soon. I wanna thank you again for all you have done for us. Charlotte means the world to me and I am thankful for all she has given me and borught to my life. Now I got all soft.. No one sees this letter, comprende? Anyways, I need to go. But I promise I will talk in detail with ya more, as there are some things I would like your opinion on.

Take care & gods Bless ya,

Brian

Return to “It's A Bartender's Life For Me”