Avoozl

An old dueling team is reborn. These are their stories.

Moderators: Rakeesh, Shadowlord

Rakeesh
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Avoozl

Post by Rakeesh »

A serene mountainside lit by a warm sun that sits easily in a blue sky.

Clouds, swirling unnaturally fast to cover the blue.

Blackness eating away at the clouds, flashes of menacing lightning.

A bolt strikes the mountainside and it aches like a dying man, before it splits in half, the rocks falling away. Rising from the hole in the mountain is a black creature with frightening features. The creature is the size of the mountain itself, or larger, and its hide entirely pitch black. Its eyes glow red, and its mug is hideously deformed. Mountain-sized, black wings stretch out, blocking the darkened sky from view.

The creature's mouth begins to open, revealing monstrously sharp fangs. It then begins to speak, but it is the loving, strong voice of the liontaur, Rakeesh, that escapes.

"Avoozl, Bringer of Blood, rise!"

Lightning flashes fill the sky once more, and Avoozl takes flight.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a re-occuring nightmare. Many mortals had them.

Few mortals had them this vividly every night.

Rakeesh woke up in another sweat, his torso rising up from where he lay in his chambers within the Adventurer's Guild, his chest rising and falling quickly. It would be another hour before the liontaur would lay back down and sleep.

He knew this dream's meaning already, but that did not keep away the secret fear he never spoke of to anyone. Not even to his friends and teammates.
Rakeesh
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Rakeesh »

Rakeesh Sah Tarna sprung effortlessly past Sly, slicing circularly as he did so to tag his opponent's exposed calf. The match was over - Rakeesh's fourth shutout in the Duels within the past two weeks. He was climbing the ranks quickly.

His dueling was going well, his bad leg was not giving him too much trouble, his duelists seem to be refocused and ready for the next half of the Team Dueling League season, the Adventurer's Guild was gaining support, and even the liontaur's very first Christmas ever had gone well.

Why was it, then, that Rakeesh could never get the sick feeling out of his gut? Why couldn't he shake off the blackness that he felt inside of him? He did not let onto his friends, but he did not know howmuch longer he would be able to keep the facade of happiness up. He had been poisoned, and he needed that poison sucked out.

And so, as he left the Arena that night, he did not head straight back for the Adventurer's Guild as he was so used to doing. Rakeesh Sah Tarna decided to explore a section of the city he had not previously. The Badside.

There had to be someone who could help him.
Last edited by Rakeesh on Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When I am silent, I have thunder hidden inside.

[OOC: Twitter is the best way to stay in touch. <3]
Vanion Shadowcast
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Vanion Shadowcast »

"Well, well. I doubt your little Guild friends know you are here.", the dark elf found much humor in being surprised in his home by the Liontaur Paladin. "The last time we did battle, you got away unscathed. Are you here to push your luck, oh Paladin?"

Rakeesh's mind raced, he had gone against every instinct to come here. But, he had to have answers. His voice did not quiver, it stayed as strong and resolute as it always had, "You know why I have come. You give me answers, and in return I will give you answers."

Vanion could not help but laugh out loud before he fought his way through a response, "You are here to make a deal with the Devil? Well, well, well, this is certainly something I never thought would happen." There was a short pause. Rakeesh had no more words for the vampire, and thus, Vanion spoke once again, "Go on, then, tell me what information you have to offer me, and I will tell you of your future. Of your dreams. I only hope you have the stomach to bear it."

Rakeesh Sah Tarna slowly opened his mouth to address the grinning creature before him, "I can tell you about the Temple of the Divine Light... and what I've learned of its true background."

And in that moment, Vanion Shadowcast's eyes widened in anxious joy.

Return to “Champions of Mythos”