Challenge for Overlord (Madness Grant)

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

Partly Cloudy
Adventurer
Adventurer

Challenge for Overlord (Madness Grant)

Post by Partly Cloudy »

Overlord Naharis,

Now that Madness has finished, I believe I owe you a dance of sorts. I hereby challenge for the title of Overlord, utilizing the “Mad Test Free” grant awarded to me for winning the tournament.

I look forward to meeting you in the ring. Let’s talk soon to work out the details.

Sincerely,
gatito
Conner Reid
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Re: Challenge for Overlord (Madness Grant)

Post by Conner Reid »

Congratulations again on your grand victory, mate. Good luck.

- Title holder acceptance must be publicly posted within 1 week of this validation.
- The challenge must be fought within 2 weeks of the title holder's acceptance.
- This tool will assist in helping verify the required dates.
Hope
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Beast Mode

Post by Hope »

Gatito,

Congratulations on winning Madness! Your Cinderella story is remarkable and now that leaves us with one more matchup to see if you can grasp the final prize. As with all my previous challenges I am excited to get this underway. Stop by the isle or my gym sometime soon and we'll hash out the details.

Be seeing you,
Hope, The DiaLord
Partly Cloudy
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Partly Cloudy »

This challenge will take place Monday, 3 May 2021, at 9 p.m. EST. Conner will be calling for us.

gatito

P.S. Merci, Conner. For the well wishes and for agreeing to call. And merci, Hope. For the well wishes and for entertaining this challenge. I’m excited to face you again. I always learn something when I do.
Conner Reid
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Conner Reid »

This here special challenge happened tonight and it were a treat. Gatito earned the honor of this challenge by fighting his way to top of the Madness bracket without a single loss and becoming the Madness Champion! Gatito’s second was Salvador Delahada. His person of honor was his mother, and his colors were black, grey, and gold. He fought under a banner of a gilded rose on a field of black.

Since becoming Overlord back in August of last year, Hope has defended her Overlord title SIX times and tonight she looked for her seventh. Hope's second was Jewell Ravenlock and her people of honor were her Real Rhy'Din teammates. She fought under a banner of white and gold, with the Real Rhy'Din team logo.

In the first fight, Gatito jumped out to an early lead. Fighting with a pair of blades, he struck twice before Hope was able to find her way on the board. But Hope was using her mystical jade chains, and soon Gatito couldn't find a way to break through. Hope scored four unanswered points getting her to match point! Although there was much positioning, the fight ended with a trade of blows which allowed Hope to pick up her first win of the night!

Hope def. Partly Cloudy, 5 - 2.5 in 11 rounds.

In the second fight, Gatito stuck with his pair of blades while Hope switched to a deadly looking spear. The fighters wasted no time trading blows in e first round. Hope found the first lead of the fight by looking out for her head. Another trade kept the fight close and exciting for the viewers. But Gatito quickly tied things up turning aside Hope's spear and getting her right in the ribs with one of his knives. But Hope would not allow him to get a lead. She put up a solid defense to get herself to matchpoint, while Gatito's last defense could not stop her attack, and Hope closed it out with a high strike of the spear!

Hope def. Partly Cloudy, 5 - 3 in 8 rounds.

Congratulations to Gatito for an incredible Madness run and excellent attempt at the Overlord title!

And congratulations to Hope on her SEVENTH defense!

Return to “The Arena”