Out of Character message board for the Duel of Magic

Moderator: Staff

Mairead Harker
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
'Baby' Baroness

Rules Question - Archmage Challenge

Post by Mairead Harker »

I read through the sections of the rules on Keepers, The Archmage and the Archmage Tournament and Duel of Magic Rules Change Log looking for the allowed time the winner of the Archmage tournament has to post their challenge. Am I just missing it or possibly misinterpreting something in the rules? If I didn't miss it, how much time is allowed?

Thanks!
"And those who have not swords can still die upon them." - Eowyn, shieldmaiden of Rohan
Max Lager
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Re: Rules Question - Archmage Challenge

Post by Max Lager »

There is no need to issue a formal challenge with validation for the Archmage. It is won and is validated by winning the tournament. If that were not so, then one would not have been able to win the tournament. Details regarding the time and date of the Archmage Tournament Winner and the Archmage are to go into the current Archmage Tournament thread. It is expected for the challenge to happen in a timely manner, within two weeks of the Archmage Tournament. So it is anticipated that the challenge will be complete by (or still happening on) March 21st at the latest. This is so the Archmage is allowed a cycle long reign like all the others and it typically keeps the reign within the current cycle or having it settled within the first week of the newest cycle.

There is no mention of time in the current ruleset because setting of a challenge time has not currently been abused, if it begins to see abuse and the limits being tested, then expect to see an official set time in the rules accordingly.

Return to “Duel of Magic (OOC)”