OOC :: Chit Chat

Seek the places where light meets dark, there you will find tales of inexplicably intertwined realms both near and far.

Moderators: King, Claire Gallows, Cooper Gallows

Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Eternal Light

Location: Dunmovin (Outside of Rhydin City), Underwood (New Haven), or Caelum Training Center

Re: OOC :: Chit Chat

Post by Claire Gallows »

Please excuse our mess while we migrate on over here and do some clean up. Expect a bit of a facelift on this folder in the coming days and thank you for reading <3
Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Eternal Light

Location: Dunmovin (Outside of Rhydin City), Underwood (New Haven), or Caelum Training Center

Post by Claire Gallows »

New name, new description that is more reflective of the array of stories that can be found here. While Team Dirty still has a home here, expect stories from the TRASH girls, the rest of the Gallows clan, our collective of future kids, and maybe even some love for other settings (like Little Korea and Rookery Row). Some organization should hopefully help but otherwise, thank you for reading!
Serah Farron
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Serah Farron »

Gunna be moving some stuff this way. I'll probably combine it into one thread that way I am not taking over your folder! Thank you again for letting me take up space here!
Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Eternal Light

Post by Claire Gallows »

No words forthcoming, but maybe in due time

For now; bump!
Lilith Anderson
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Lilith Anderson »

This probably isn't the best place for this but honestly, I don't think anywhere is "good". But as some of you on RoD have seen, my state is on fire. I'm within an hour of 5 different wildfires. But I am safe and should be good barring any sudden change in things. We have snow in the forecast and I'm hoping that helps because as of right now, it's looking dire for a lot of people. Something I wanted to call attention to is the current situation in Estes Park where they are surrounded by 2 different fires (both of which are the #1 and #2 largest fires in Colorado's history), including one that is getting dangerously close. Estes Park is home to the Stanley Hotel, also known as the inspiration for the Overlook Hotel in Stephen King's The Shining. It also happens to be the inspiration for the Warden of Overlook's Manor here on rhydin.org.

A view of the Stanley just earlier today. The fire impacting it the most just started on Oct 14th and has already grown to over 170k acres.

As a former Warden of Overlook, this struck a chord with me more than usual so I wanted to just take a moment and drop a few links for how people can help those impacted by this disaster;

2020 Fires Relief Fund - Organized through the Community Foundation of Boulder County.
Grand County Wildfire Emergency Fund - Organized by the Grand Foundation
Colorado Professional Fire Fighters Foundation - The Colorado Professional Fire Fighters Foundation supports firefighters and their families.
and finally
American Red Cross - Who is supporting evacuees by providing immediate shelter and food. Because of COVID-19 the Red Cross cannot accept material donations. The first priority for the Red Cross is to provide shelter and support to those affected, and financial donations or volunteering are the quickest and best way to get help to those who need it most. If you would like to donate, you can by visiting redcross.org or calling 800-RED CROSS.

I know times are difficult for a lot of people right now, especially due to COVID, but if you are inclined to give, I know those impacted will benefit greatly. If you can't give monetarily, please send good thoughts. We need all we can get right now.

Thanks for reading

<3 B
Mun of Lilith, Claire, and about a billion others
Well, I looked my demons in the eyes
laid bare my chest, said "Do your best, destroy me.
You see, I've been to hell and back so many times,
I must admit you kind of bore me."

~Ray Lamontagne-Empty

Return to “Through the Never”