Challenge for the Tower of Water

Events and announcements from the enchanted isle of the Duel of Magic.

Moderator: Staff

Bellamere
Adventurer
Adventurer

Challenge for the Tower of Water

Post by Bellamere »

There was a great groaning sound, like that of a collapsing mine-shaft. It shook the earth around the tower of water, the tremor agitating the dolphin pod of Orinel and perhaps the children within the tower. Standing before the tower's limestone walls the Sublime Bellamere, devoted champion of the Princess Xune Vandree focused his new found magical might on the immediate area. Fingers reached out with intricate somatics, tugging and pulling upon the leylines and telluric currents that made up the twilight isle. Incomprehensible energies and divergent tendrils of potentiality had lashed around the man, even as a pillar of crystal began to rise upwards from the ground.

The tide pools at this side of the tower caught the brilliant glow of luminous light radiating from the crystal column, casting the whole area in the scintillating hues of vibrant cerise, shocking azure, and bold violet.

The message was clear, but he voiced the words anyway, the challenge to be repeated within that crystal pillar, revealing his intentions for all to see.

"Eregor Túr Gairdín, gardener, duelist, husband, and the Cerulean Keeper. I, The Sublime Bellamere, Instrument of the Fates, Traveler of the hidden paths, devoted Champion to the Princess Xune Vandree, and Conjurer Extraordinaire hereby challenge you for Custodianship of the Tower of Water and all the secrets it holds. I do this not for any ambitions of my own, but in the name of my sovereign liege, in sworn oath and with a overriding need to protect her. May we meet with Skill and Honor."
Max Lager
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Re: Challenge for the Tower of Water

Post by Max Lager »

This challenge is valid and may proceed!!
Eregor
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
"You Traitorous Cur"

Post by Eregor »

Bellamere,

If you truly wanted only to study the libraries of the Tower of Water, you had only to ask. Nonetheless, challenge accepted.

Eregor
Bellamere
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Bellamere »

That crystal pillars lights shifted and in a soothing voice that sounded like the gentle crashing of the tide against the shore, more words were spoken to the challenge. An image of the Queen of May from that Beltane night rippled into existence in the air above that crystal column.

"Eden Parker has agreed to call the battle on the Twilight Isle at Twenty hundred hours the 19th of May. (8:00 PM EST Tuesday, May 19th). If this is acceptable with Eregor Túr Gairdín, please confirm and the fate of the tower of water will be determined soon."
Eregor
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
"You Traitorous Cur"

Post by Eregor »

Tomorrow night, 5/19 at 8:00 PM is acceptable, barring unforeseen complications.

~ Eregor

((OOC: I normally get off work at 7 PM Eastern, but I found out today that one of my fellow closing teammates will be off tomorrow and Wednesday, so I may get stuck later than normal. It shouldn't be a full hour, but I wanted to give a heads-up.))
Bellamere
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Bellamere »

((OOC: No worries. Worst comes to worst, we push it. ))
Eden Parker
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Eden Parker »

This challenge was completed on Tuesday, May 19, 2020 on Twilight Isle. By request of the Keeper, all three matches were fought in the tower's special ring, Poseidon.

The first match was a neck-and-neck battle, that saw the challenger settling sudden death with a win in 14 rounds! But in the next two fights, Eregor established early leads that the Sublime Bellamere could not overcome!

Bellamere def. Eregor, 5.5 - 4.5 in 14 rounds.
Eregor def. Bellamere, 5 - 3 in 11 rounds.
Eregor def. Bellamere, 5 - 1.5 in 8 rounds.

Congratulations to Keeper of the Tower of Water, Eregor, on his second defense!

Well-tried, the Sublime Bellamere!

Return to “Twilight Isle”