2020 Madness Finals!

The Most Anticipated Tournament of the Year

Moderator: Staff

PC
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

2020 Madness Finals!

Post by PC »

The Grand Finals of the 2020 Duel of Swords Madness Tournament will be held this Thursday, April the 23rd at 9:00 PM ET!

Who will be the Madness Champion this year? Ebon or Lilith?! Be sure to come out and root for your favorite!
Ebon Ilnaren
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Black Knight

Re: 2020 Madness Finals!

Post by Ebon Ilnaren »

((With many thanks to Tippletoe for the suggestion!))

Team Ebon swag!

Want to show your support for Ebon during the 2020 Duel of Swords Madness Finals? There will be swag available!

T-shirts and jackets with the Stardreamer logo:

Ebon plushies -
(tea)

(staff)

posters signed by Ebon:

All proceeds will be used by the Stardreamer Foundation to support Sarengrave House and local orphanages and foster homes throughout the city.

((OOC: the plushies are available as forum icons upon request. Posted image provided by the players of Tippletoe and Hope with many thanks!))
Last edited by Ebon Ilnaren on Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lilith Anderson
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Lilith Anderson »

Team Lilith Swag:

On top of the jerseys being hawked by the Arena's gift shop, other Lilith Anderson stylized merchandise like posters, figurines, and t-shirts would be on hand;

Keeping in the spirit of charity, all proceeds from Lilith's sales would go toward The Twilight Isle Development Endowment.
Well, I looked my demons in the eyes
laid bare my chest, said "Do your best, destroy me.
You see, I've been to hell and back so many times,
I must admit you kind of bore me."

~Ray Lamontagne-Empty
Tippletoe
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Cheer Captain

April 23rd: Tippletoe Timbers & Madness Grand Finals 8-10:30ET

Post by Tippletoe »

Tippletoe Timbers Hosts the Madness Grand Finals 8-10:30ET at the Arena

Come one and come all to the Madness Grand Finals between Graziano Finalist Ebon Ilnaren and Falessan Finalist Lilith Anderson! The headlining event kicks-off at 9PM ET. But show up early! There will be merchandise! There will be prizes! There will be a cheerful gnome serving drinks!

Prizes
Arena Sponsorship: In the spirit of March Madness, anyone who comes out for the Grand Finals (8-10:30ET) and duels in Duel of Swords will have one win added to their record!

Tippletoe Side-Line: Did your bracket(s) go up in flames? Have no fear! Tippletoe is offering a betting side-line for the Grand Finals. For 100 nobles you bet on who is going to win and by how much. The tie-breaker is predicting the exact score. The winner gets 50% of the total pot and second place gets 30%. The remaining 20% will go to a charity of the Madness Winner’s choice. ((Transfer nobles to Tippletoe Timbers, DM or PM me with your bets! Include: winner, point spread, final score.))

Merchandise
March Madness 17oz Bullet Insulated Water Bottle (8 nobles)

March Madness 14oz Ceramic Mug (6 nobles)

Conner Reid Exclusive 16x16 Canvas Print How You Betting? (12 nobles)

Signed Lilith Anderson / Ebon Ilnaren Poster (20 nobles)

Unsigned Lilith Anderson / Ebon Ilnaren Poster (10 nobles)

Exclusive Lilith Anderson / Ebon Ilnaren Plushies (5 nobles)

Lilith Anderson Kiss My Axe / Ebon Ilnaren Stardreamer T-Shirts (8 nobles)

Drinks
Tippletoe will be at the bar selling merchandise, taking bets and serving drinks! Try out our Madness Grand Finals specials for 3 nobles each!

Lilith’s Hellfire
1 oz Spiced Rum
2 dashes Tabasco sauce
1 oz Ginger beer
Pilsner
+ optional lime twist

Ebon Ilnaren Star Society
.75 oz Atrón XO Cafe
.5 oz Atrón Citrónge Orange
.75 oz Angel’s Envy Bourbon
1 oz Fresh espresso
1 oz Heavy whipping cream
.25 oz Salted caramel syrup
+ Good quality chocolate for garnish

Note: All proceeds from Lilith Merchandise and Drinks will go towards the Twilight Isle Development Fund.
@tippytop

A Tip-Top Gnome from Tip-to-Toe: I'm Your Tippletoe!
Andrea Anderson
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Less Than Three

Post by Andrea Anderson »

Andrea's attire for tonight while she cheers on her wife.

Tippletoe
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Cheer Captain

Post by Tippletoe »

CONGRATULATIONS TO LILITH ANDERSON FOR WINNING MARCH MADNESS 2020!!!

Tippletoe's Side Line Bets
Lilith won 5-2.5 in 9 rounds

The bets were as follows:
Dris: Ebon, 2 points, 5-3
Amaris: Ebon, 1 point, 5-4
Andrea: Lilith, 1 point, 5-4
Rhys: Lilith, 3 points, 5-2

The total pot, including anonymous contributions and extra thrown in, was 10,800 nobles.
50%: 5,400 awarded to Rhys Germain
30% 3,240 awarded to Andrea Anderson
20% 2,160 awarded to the Twilight Isle Development Fund
@tippytop

A Tip-Top Gnome from Tip-to-Toe: I'm Your Tippletoe!
PC
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PC »

Congratulations to Lilith Anderson our 2020 Madness Tournament Winner!

Lilith Anderson, leading the Falessan Division to victory, takes home the Mad Test Free Overlord Challenge Grant, 10 added wins to her record, and a non test-free grant to give out to any active member of the Duel of Swords community!

As second place Ebon ends his Madness Tournament run with an added 5 wins to his record and a Test Free Challenge Grant that can be used against any eligible Baron of his choice!

Next years Madness Divisions will be the Anderson and Illnaren divisions!

Congratulations to Lilith, well tried Ebon, and a big thank you to all who participated in the Madness Tournament this year!

(( OOC Note: As the Myria vs Jewell challenge for Overlord is still ongoing the Mad Test Free Overlord Challenge Grant's 14 day period is paused until Sunday, May 3rd at 6 PM ET (Pending any unforseen changes to scheduling changes). Should this grant not be used within those 14 days it will convert into a normal test-free Overlord Challenge grant that may be used during this cycle (As long as it does not fall within the 14 day grace period before the End of Cycle tournament).

Ebon's Test-Free Barony Challenge Grant and Lilith's Giftable Grant are both usable/giftable now, though the official 14 day period of their usage will begin tomorrow, Friday April 24th at 12 AM. ))
Lilith Anderson
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Lilith Anderson »

Here's a story. Once upon a time when the Lilith was still a just a fresh little baby hellspawn figuring out her place in Rhydin, she had one of the most baffling encounters of her life. With who might you ask? That's an interesting question. It was a sentient trunk of all things. Who spat out at her none other than a pair of ducky rainboots. To this day, I still have those boots and now the universe has come full circle for me to gift that trunk something of value.

I hereby bequeath my giveaway Baron Challenge Grant to the Babest Babe of the Iron Fists League, Olaf von Trunk. Good luck, Olaf. Make me proud.
Well, I looked my demons in the eyes
laid bare my chest, said "Do your best, destroy me.
You see, I've been to hell and back so many times,
I must admit you kind of bore me."

~Ray Lamontagne-Empty
PC
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PC »

Lilith Anderson wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:41 pm Here's a story. Once upon a time when the Lilith was still a just a fresh little baby hellspawn figuring out her place in Rhydin, she had one of the most baffling encounters of her life. With who might you ask? That's an interesting question. It was a sentient trunk of all things. Who spat out at her none other than a pair of ducky rainboots. To this day, I still have those boots and now the universe has come full circle for me to gift that trunk something of value.

I hereby bequeath my giveaway Baron Challenge Grant to the Babest Babe of the Iron Fists League, Olaf von Trunk. Good luck, Olaf. Make me proud.
Olaf has 14 days from this post to issue challenge with this special grant.

Return to “Duel Madness”