Words of Praise

Everything else, including the kitchen sink.

Moderator: Staff

PrlUnicorn
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Re: Words of Praise

Post by PrlUnicorn »

Many thanks to the players of Eregor, Rachael Blackthorne, Jewell Ravenlock, Vael, Mist Gul, Amaris, and the troupe from the Shanachie Theater for inspiring a long absent creative burst.
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Post by JewellRavenlock »

PrlUnicorn wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:12 pm Many thanks to the players of Eregor, Rachael Blackthorne, Jewell Ravenlock, Vael, Mist Gul, Amaris, and the troupe from the Shanachie Theater for inspiring a long absent creative burst.
Woohoo! Let's wrangle that muse!
Bailey Raptis
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
The Stolen Child

Location: Can be found many places, but resides in Old Temple

Post by Bailey Raptis »

Wanted to give a quick shout out to Jewell's player for hosting an incredibly fun Diamond Quest the other night, and just general thanks for the work she's put into those DQ's and Panther's Claw tournaments. I'm not always able to participate, either because I don't have an active Emerald, or my schedule doesn't work out, but it doesn't mean I don't appreciate the work any less.

Thank you!
Mist Gul
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Mist Gul »

*stares like a deer in the headlights*

:D

Always happy to get into other people's bidness! Especially if I don't get into trouble for it!
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Love the way our DoS Coord is keeping track of progress for the tournament going on right now.

The extra effort you put into stuff is really awesome :fistmelda:
Mist Gul
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Mist Gul »

I must give all of the love for the All Souls Masquerade Ball - everyone was fantastic! It was a hoot seeing all the 'costumed' characters, and they were all so amazing and creative and gorgeous.

I must shout out particularly Raaamonnn Vega, wearing gold (as opposed to avocado or limon...) who was simply glorious, and the saucy and sexy Lady in Red, the remarkably civilized Green Man, Sard, and lovely Josette <3

Mist was the Gray Cat, by the way, and I hope everyone enjoyed him deciding to jump into Dillon's lap. >:D
Michelle Montoya
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Fāris Al-Ibra

Post by Michelle Montoya »

I have a couple of thank-you's that I want to make! First, I want to thank everyone who is a part of our growing Host and Caller team. I love that we have so many hosted shifts, including some day-play shifts. Thank you for putting in all the time and effort :)

I also want to thank Mallory for all of their hard work in developing the Host and Caller Program including recruitment and training.

Many thanks to Jake's player for helping me develop The Gate bot used during FearFest, for giving me a playtesting space, and for a lot of great feedback.

And thank you (in no particular order), to Mist, Jewell, Mallory, Eri, Eden, and Hope for putting in the time to do some story crafting and writing with me, and helping me explore a plot and creative work that I've become very passionate about.

Last, and most importantly, I want to thank those that are helping to grow our community by inviting others they know, by coming out and playing on the forums and/or in Discord, and by coming out to fun events such as the Masquerade Ball we had last week.
Michelle Montoya
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Fāris Al-Ibra

Post by Michelle Montoya »

Once again I am here to say thanks and make some praise!

Thanks to everyone who jumped in and played in the arena tonight! It was a fun and busy night, there was some great IFL dueling, and fantastic roleplay.
Peaches
Adventurer
Adventurer
The City Siren

Location: Running with concrete wolves & flirting beneath neon lights.

Post by Peaches »

Wanted to give a huge shout out to those involved in putting together all the chaos of the Outback last night for DQ C. You guys did an awesome job setting up a really interesting and imaginative story to go a long with the tournament. Thank you to Jewell, Kheld, and Matt for toughening it out for a long night and making sure it was a night to remember! And a big round of applause for literally everyone (new and old!) that showed up last night! It really was an awesome showing!
Eden Parker
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Eden Parker »

Wanted to echo Peaches here. A tournament is always a big undertaking, but it's a particularly huge accomplishment for a tournament of this size to go so smoothly, especially with the added story elements involved. I know a ton of planning went into it, and it showed. Diamond Quest C was a blast!

It was particularly fun to see so many people throw their hats in or come out to cheer and enjoy the story, friends old and new.

Kudos to Matt, Kheldar, and Jewell! Thank you so much for a great and memorable night!
PrlUnicorn
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PrlUnicorn »

Fun and mayhem, Diamond Quest C had it all! Props to the organizers!
Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Eternal Light

Location: Dunmovin (Outside of Rhydin City), Underwood (New Haven), or Caelum Training Center

Post by Claire Gallows »

Echoing the above. But also, calling attention to Paladin Jim. Go read it, it's hilarious.
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Thank you for the kind words about DQ 100! It was a big lift for the DoF team but 100% worth it because of everyone that got involved. I'm glad everyone had a good time :)

I've got some praise to heap on Kal for running IFL for the 2019-2020 season as well as all the participants, especially the captains. And even more praise for Conner Reid's player who consistently wrote us articles and then stepped up to do the end of season awards. They wouldn't have happened without you Conner, and I know everyone looks forward to it and probably doesn't even realize the amount of work that goes into coordinating that. So thank you! And double thanks for the articles too. It can be easy to run out of steam on those, but you kept plugging away while also being such a big participant in IFL itself. You're a rockstar <3
Eden Parker
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Eden Parker »

Claire's official last day on staff was yesterday and I just wanted to take this opportunity to say one last thank you. A ton of hard work goes into running a sport. Some of it is obvious, but a lot of it is behind the scenes. I appreciate everything you put into it, Claire. DoM forever!
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Eden Parker wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:47 pm Claire's official last day on staff was yesterday and I just wanted to take this opportunity to say one last thank you. A ton of hard work goes into running a sport. Some of it is obvious, but a lot of it is behind the scenes. I appreciate everything you put into it, Claire. DoM forever!
Seconding this. Claire has done so much for DoM and our community as a whole, especially during our transition period. Thank you Claire! I know it hasn't always been an easy job, but you've done a great job.

Return to “Thoughts at Large”