Fall Cycle Diamond Quest #XCIX | I’ve Got 99 Problems but a Diamond Ain’t 1: Friday, October 18th

The happenings and goings-on out back in the home of the Duel of Fists.

Moderator: Staff

JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Fall Cycle Diamond Quest #XCIX | I’ve Got 99 Problems but a Diamond Ain’t 1: Friday, October 18th

Post by JewellRavenlock »

Date: Friday, October 18th
Time: 9:00pm

The Rules:

This will be a double-elimination tournament that starts within 10 minutes of the announced start time. Seeding will be done according first to the EMS and then in the order of any sign-ups (so sign up below!). Participants do not need to be active on the standings at the time of the tournament.

((More information coming soon!))
Gren Blockman
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Re: Fall Cycle Diamond Quest #XCIX | I’ve Got 99 Problems but a Diamond Ain’t 1: Friday, October 18th

Post by Gren Blockman »

I will enter!
JC
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Best Chae

Re: Fall Cycle Diamond Quest #XCIX | I’ve Got 99 Problems but a Diamond Ain’t 1: Friday, October 18th

Post by JC »

Jin is in
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

The Setting:
Diamond Quest #XCIX will be taking place in the famed home of the Duel of Fists: The Outback!

The theme for the night is diamonds!

The entrance to the Outback was decked out for the evening, the bar was looking more like an ice bar (though without the chill), and even the Fern got a bit glammed out!

There was plenty of food and drinks: cheese bar, marshmallows to roast over the tabletop firebowls, cupcakes, cake pops, and diamond donuts! All the drinks had diamond ice cubes in them too.

The Prizes:
Last fighter standing will earn themselves a shiny Diamond. Oooooo

The second to last fighter standing will receive this diamond and ice statue thing that may be possessed or it may tell your fortune? We’re not really sure.

All participants and spectators will receive a set of diamond shaped soaps… because you’re all dirty.
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

((Notice: In the middle of the upcoming DQ 99, the Opals will be attempting to interact with each other. The DoF staff present will alert players to the timing of this ICly (likely during Round 2). Lights will flicker, there will be a spike in elemental energy, and the Opals’ specific powers may manifest at random. It will be a brief, failed attempt for the Opals to accomplish something before the tournament continues. Everyone is welcome to play into this event or not.))
Rachael Blackthorne
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
The Professor

Location: Current: Number 6 Willow Way, Canopy District, Gloaming. Former: a beach house in Arcadia.

Post by Rachael Blackthorne »

Barring duties that may interfere, I will enter this tournament.

--Rachael Blackthorne
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

I'm running the thing so I guess I might as well fight in it.

-Jewell
Penny Escobar
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Penny Escobar »

-Penny Escobar
Kheldar
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Kheldar »

In.

Kheldar
Nayun
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Lily of the Valley

Location: Her home or dojo, both found bordering the New Haven and Battlefield Park districts.

Post by Nayun »

I will join.
Goldglo
Coordinator
Coordinator

Post by Goldglo »

I'm also joining.

--Matt
Andrea Anderson
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Less Than Three

Post by Andrea Anderson »

In.
Eden Parker
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Eden Parker »

I made it!
xoxo
Eden
DUEL Kheldar
Asst. Coordinator
Asst. Coordinator

Post by DUEL Kheldar »

Fighting through one of the bigger dq fields in recent memory along with more opal related interference, Jewell took two in a row from Nayun in the finals to win the 99th Diamond Quest.

Congratulations to her. Thanks for everyone who participated. I'm sure we'll have new rules once she's done raging.
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Nine fighters showed up on Friday, October 18th to participate in Diamond Quest XCIX:
1. Gren Blockman
2. Rachael Blackthorne
3. Jewell Ravenlock
4. Penny Escobar
5. Kheldar
6. Nayun
7. Matt Simon
8. Eden Parker
9. Hope Naharis

In Round 1, Gren sat around sipping Broots while Eden Parker sent Hope Naharis to the loser bracket while Matt Simon did the same to Rachael Blackthorne with two 5-4 in 10 round matches. Veteran Outback fighter Kheldar was matched against Penny Escobar, current holder of MoonBeryle, sending her to the losers bracket with a 5-3 win. In the final ring, Nayun sent Jewell to the losers bracket with a 5-3 win, which seemed to predict (falsely) a short night for The Empress.

In Round 2, Kheldar sat around with the bye while fellow teammates Gren and Eden battled it out with Eden sending Gren to the losers bracket with a 5-3 win. In the other winners match, Nayun continued her run with a resounding 5-2 defeat of Matt. Over in the losers bracket, Rachael sent three-time Diamond Hope home early, but she was in good company as Jewell sent Penny packing as well after hitting her with a nasty uppercut earlier in the fight. It should also be noted that something weird happened right at the start of Round 2. The lights flickered and the different Opals present in the Outback went a bit wonky!

Round 3 saw Nayun with the bye and Eden sending another teammate to the losers bracket: Kheldar! In the losers bracket, Matt sent Gren home with a close 5-4 win in 9 rounds while Jewell did the same to Rachael after securing a two-point lead in round 6 with a spinkick.

Nayun continued her winning streak in Round 4 by defeating Eden, sending her to the losers bracket and being declared the Winner of the Winners Bracket for the evening. The fighting was still heavy over in the losers bracket where Jewell sat around with the bye and let the old timers battle it out. In the end, Matt sent Kheld home with a 5-2 win.

Matt got a brief break in Round 5 as teammates Jewell and Eden fought to see who would face him in the losers bracket semifinals. Eden seemed a bit tired and less perky than usual, so Jewell sent her home to rest with a 5-2 win.

The semi-finals of the losers bracket took place in Round 6. Jewell faced off against Matt who ruined her chances of winning the Diamond Quest last Fall. Jewell had the upper hand tonight though, ruining Matt’s early lead and then eliminating him with a 5-3 win in 6 rounds, naming herself Winner of the Losers Bracket.

Unfortunately, battling her way through the losers bracket meant Jewell faced Nayun in the finals. This was reminiscent of Jewell’s first WLT win where Melanie had sent her to the losers bracket in Round 1 and Jewell fought her way back to defeat her twice to take the title. Tonight was no different. Nayun had soundly defeated Jewell in Round 1 of the Quest, but she had more trouble against the faerie in the finals. The first match of the finals saw them go 5-3 in 10 rounds after Jewell tied things up in round 4 with an uppercut before going on to win. This resulted in a second finals match to determine the winner. In the last match of the evening, Jewell went untouched for 6 rounds, defeating Nayun 5-0 to win the quest.

At the end of the night, Jewell Ravenlock became the winner of Diamond Quest XCIX!

Nayun didn’t go home empty handed though, receiving a diamond and ice statue thing that may be possessed or it may tell her fortune!

All the other participants and spectators received a set of diamond shaped soaps.

Return to “The Outback”