Challenge To The Overwitch (Spring Warlord Tournament challenge grant)

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

Rachael Blackthorne
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
The Professor

Location: Current: Number 6 Willow Way, Canopy District, Gloaming. Former: a beach house in Arcadia.

Challenge To The Overwitch (Spring Warlord Tournament challenge grant)

Post by Rachael Blackthorne »

A parchment was tacked to the corkboard with a black and gold pushpin. The message that it contained was written in an exceptionally precise left-handed script in black ink. A seal in black and gold wax with the impression in the wax of a panther head was at the bottom of the parchment.

After a good deal of contemplation on this matter, I will utilise the test-free challenge to the Overlord that I was awarded because I achieved second place in the recent Spring Cycle Warlord Tournament and hereby issue challenge to Mallory Maeda for the Mantle of the Overwitch/Overlord.

--Rachael Blackthorne
Prior custodian of Old Temple, the First Ring
Prior custodian of New Haven, the Thirteenth Ring
House Champion, House Steel (Fall 2018 Season, Winter 2018 Season, Spring 2019 Season)
Gladiator, House Steel (Summer 2018 Season, Winter 2018 Season)
PC
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Re: Challenge To The Overwitch (Spring Warlord Tournament challenge grant)

Post by PC »

- Title holder acceptance must be publicly posted within 1 week of this validation.
- The challenge must be fought within 2 weeks of the title holders acceptance.
- This tool will assist in helping verify the required dates.
Mallory
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Mallory »

Rachael,

I officially accept. I’ll send over my contact information to make setting up easier. Maybe we can do this on the Overlord Isle?

I’ll be in touch soon.

Mallory
Overwitch

P.S. If you or anyone else reading has any suggestions for how to remove a clan of hard-partying goblins who’ve overstayed their welcome, I’m all ears.
PrlUnicorn
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PrlUnicorn »

Mallory,

I suggest making a deal with Jake for several crates of his beverages. I'll be glad to provide a boat and crew to relocate the goblins to another island.

Colleen
Rachael Blackthorne
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
The Professor

Location: Current: Number 6 Willow Way, Canopy District, Gloaming. Former: a beach house in Arcadia.

Post by Rachael Blackthorne »

A thick white sheet of parchment was tacked onto the corkboard. The message contained within was written in a precise, left-handed script in black ink. A seal in black and gold wax with the impression in the wax of a panther head was at the bottom of the parchment.

After negotiations with the Overwitch, we have mutually agreed that the challenge for the Mantle of the Overwitch/Overlord will take place on Thursday, July the 25th, at 9:30PM EST. The Overwitch and I have also mutually agreed that this challenge will be officiated by the honourable Baroness of Dragon's Gate, Michelle Montoya, and will take place on Overlord Isle.

--Rachael Blackthorne
Prior custodian of Old Temple, the First Ring
Prior custodian of New Haven, the Thirteenth Ring
House Champion, House Steel (Fall 2018 Season, Winter 2018 Season)
Gladiator, House Steel (Summer 2018 Season, Winter 2018 Season)
DUEL Michelle
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by DUEL Michelle »

With the Taste of Rhy'din coming up the Overwitch and Warlady have agreed to a scrumptious theme!

The Challenge is a Potluck Party with a Marshmallow Roast over the fire. Everyone is invited to bring a potluck dish to the fight on the Overwitch's Isle, roast some marshmallows (or hot-dogs, or bannock etc.)

OOC Note: This will be happening at 9:30pm on the #arena channel which will serve as the Overlord Isle setting. Post your potluck dishes below!
Nicole Brock
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Nicole Brock »

Nicole's Bistro in Old Temple is sending over a selection of mini pizzas, wings, fresh fruit, and deserts. Graham crackers and plenty of chocolate bars are on hand for those that want to turn their roasted marshmallows into s'mores.
DUEL Michelle
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by DUEL Michelle »

Rachael vs. Mallory for Overlord Mantle

Rachael's colours are a black and gold banner emblazoned with a panther and a wolf, her Lord of Honor is her husband Ian Blackthorne, and her second’s are David Nianzu Hamato Harada, Amaris and Mairead Harker.

The Overwitch Mallory’s banner is a black horned heart on a red field, her second is Jewell, and Lady of Honour is Eri.

Single Bout
Ring Calla: Mallory vs Rachael Blackthorne in a dos duel. Begin when ready!
Ring Calla 1: Everybody scores! (TH / TH | 1 - 1, Mallory and Rachael Blackthorne.)
Ring Calla 2: Mallory scores! (LC / FSS | 2 - 1, Mallory leads.)
Ring Calla 3: Rachael Blackthorne scores! (FDU / TH | 2 - 2, Mallory and Rachael Blackthorne.)
Ring Calla 4: Rachael Blackthorne scores! (TH / FCP | 2 - 3, Rachael Blackthorne leads.)
Ring Calla 5: Rachael Blackthorne scores! (FLP / LC | 2 - 4, Rachael Blackthorne leads.)
Ring Calla 6: Mallory scores! (FSS / TH | 3 - 4, Rachael Blackthorne leads.)
Ring Calla 7: Mallory scores! (LC / FLP | 4 - 4, Mallory and Rachael Blackthorne.)
Ring Calla 8: Mallory scores! (FSS / TH | 5 - 4, Mallory leads.)
FINAL: Mallory def. Rachael Blackthorne, 5 - 4 in 8 rounds. - dos

In a very close match, Mallory defends her title as Overwitch of the Rings! Well fought Rachael and well won Mallory!

Return to “The Arena”