A Visit to Eden, A Challenge for Pathfinder

The happenings and goings-on out back in the home of the Duel of Fists.

Moderator: Staff

Runt
Adventurer
Adventurer
BFG

A Visit to Eden, A Challenge for Pathfinder

Post by Runt »

Although Mallory helped him make the letter, Runt wanted to make the challenge in the way of the isejotunen. So he marched up to the dueling school in Dragon's Gate carrying a very large boulder and bellowed for Eden. The staff were visibly upset at his size and by what he carried but went to fetch her anyway. When Eden came out to greet him in her typical chipper fashion he dropped the literally thousand-pound massive boulder at her feet with a resounding whompf.

“RUNT CHALLENGE FAE EDEN FER GREEN STONE! DIS GREAT ROCK BE SIGN OF ‘OW RUNT CRUSH EDEN WHEN WE FIGHT!”

The boulder shook the buildings in Dragon’s Gate, rattling the windows of the school, and leaving a large depression in the cobblestones that carriage and wagon drivers would curse at for months before it was fixed. He’d been fortunate to find Eden at the school given she only came when she wanted to practice swords. She tipped her head at the boulder, then the other way at Runt. She considered the situation for several moments. Then she just smiled. “Okay! But don’t forget to put your thingy on the boards in the Outback cause I don’t think this rock will work for Matt, Kheldar, and Jewell!” She beamed her dimpled smile at him, waved, and turned to go back inside.

((Co-written with Eden Parker))

-------------------------
A Note on the Cork
Written in large scrawl, with some sections crossed out and re-tried again, is a rough note posted on the Outback Cork

RUNT OF CLAN SIHMON SIMON HAS CHALLENGED EDEN DE THE TRIXIE FAE TRIXIE VAN VAN WITH WINGS FER FOR THE GREEN OPAL PATH-FINDER. RUNT WILL WIN THIS STONE FOR MATT AND KOYLIAK, AND FOR THE HONOR OF CLAN SIMON.

((Using the Opal Challenge grant from The Great Stag brawl))
MAAT SLAAG

DUEL Kheldar
Asst. Coordinator
Asst. Coordinator

Re: A Visit to Eden, A Challenge for Pathfinder

Post by DUEL Kheldar »

This challenge is Valid. Please proceed.
Eden Parker
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Eden Parker »

On a quiet Friday afternoon, Eden pulled open her underwear drawer and fished around the back of it. Her fingers touched on a small paper jewelry box. Many months ago during a visit to Cadentia, Eden had a craftsman make a setting for her. It was an inexpensive metal, a cuff that fit neatly around Eden's wrist when she chose to wear it, with fine scrolling detail around the central stone. PathFinder. It was a beautiful piece. And Eden sat on her bed admiring it for a long moment. She almost never wore it though.

"Are you still sleeping?"

I don't belong to you.

Eden sat quietly for another long moment. "I didn't challenge for you, but I did beat Hope. Twice in a row."

You are not a creature of the earth. You know that I cannot help you.

"I've never asked for your help. Not really."

You possess me. But I do not belong to you.

Eden sighed softly. A tugging at her shoe drew her attention to her feet. Stu, her pet rabbit, peeked his head out from under her bed just enough to nibble on her shoelaces. She looked back at PathFinder then, her fingers moving to caress the beautiful stone. But they stopped before connecting. "Okay." Eden sighed again. "I won't bother you then."

Carefully she tucked PathFinder back in its box. And then she placed the box back into its hiding place.

With Stu resettled on her lap, she pulled her notebook from her backpack and her pink fuzzy-ended pen, and she began to write.

Runt of Clan Simon,

Thank you for honoring me with a challenge for PathFinder. I know that you said you wanted to crush me but I hope when we fight that you'll remember that this is just for fun and that you don't actually need to crush me.

I accept.

xoxo,
Eden Parker

P.S. Thank you for remembering that I am human.
Mallory
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Mallory »

A number of crude Ice Giant runes covered most of a piece of paper. At the bottom were a few lines of English. It seemed to be a pretty direct translation, with a few changes for tense and more specific terms where needed, like “caller” in place of “judge.”

Runt wrote the above, which translates to, “Runt and Eden will fight on Monday the 20th at 9:30 by the eastern clock. Mallory will be the caller.”
- Mallory
Runt
Adventurer
Adventurer
BFG

Post by Runt »

((OOC: Runt approves this message.))
Mallory
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Mallory »

Challenger Runt faced Opal-Holder Eden in the best of three matches, in what shaped up to be a bruising fight in the Outback! Eden took an early lead in the first match, but Runt came back to take that match 5-2 in 7 rounds; and in the second match, closed out the challenge 5-3 in 7! Well reigned, Eden, and well won, Runt!

Nexus Guide: **Ring Moonlight 1: Everybody scores! (JB / JB | 1 - 1, Eden Parker and Runt.)**
Nexus Guide: **Ring Moonlight 2: No action this round. (JK / LS | 1 - 1, Runt and Eden Parker.)**
Nexus Guide: **Ring Moonlight 3: Eden Parker scores! (JB / FDO | 1 - 2, Eden Parker leads.)**
Nexus Guide: **Ring Moonlight 4: Runt scores! (FL / JB | 2 - 2, Eden Parker and Runt.)**
Nexus Guide: **Ring Moonlight 5: Runt scores! (JB / LS | 3 - 2, Runt leads.)**
Nexus Guide: **Ring Moonlight 6: Runt scores! (FDU / SP | 4 - 2, Runt leads.)**
Nexus Guide: **Ring Moonlight 7: Runt scores! (LS / FL | 5 - 2, Runt leads.)***FINAL: Runt def. Eden Parker, 5 - 2 in 7 rounds. - dof*

Nexus Guide: **Ring Delta 1: Everybody scores! (JB / JB | 1 - 1, Eden Parker and Runt.)**
Nexus Guide: **Ring Delta 2: No action this round. (LS / FeJK | 1 - 1, Eden Parker and Runt.)**
Nexus Guide: **Ring Delta 3: Runt scores! (SN / LS | 2 - 1, Runt leads.)**
Nexus Guide: **Ring Delta 4: Runt scores! (LS / FeFL | 3 - 1, Runt leads.)**
Nexus Guide: **Ring Delta 5: Eden Parker scores! (JB / FDO | 3 - 2, Runt leads.)**
Nexus Guide: **Ring Delta 6: Runt scores! (CH / FLP | 4 - 2, Runt leads.)**
Nexus Guide: **Ring Delta 7: Everybody scores! (SN / SN | 5 - 3, Runt leads.)***FINAL: Runt def. Eden Parker, 5 - 3 in 7 rounds. - dof*
Eden Parker
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Eden Parker »

First thing in the morning, a package arrived by messenger to Battlefield Park. It was directed to Runt and it was accompanied by a note:

Runt,

Congratulations on your win! Here is PathFinder. I don't know much about these things, but I think it will suit you. Good luck holding onto it!

xoxo,
Eden Parker

Inside the little box was the green opal. She had removed it from the setting she'd had created for it, so the only thing she gave him was the stone.

Return to “The Outback”