Tales from the Atreblan Valley

Moderator: Michelle Montoya

Michelle Montoya
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Fāris Al-Ibra

Messages Mundane and Magical

Post by Michelle Montoya »

For those who wish to communicate with Michelle or anyone else who claims Atrebla as their home. Voicemails, texts, letters, messages at Bak'd, books of sending, magical moths etc.

Books of Sending

Due to the large distances of travel in Atrebla people often travel by way of portal. However, should you not want to make the journey there is a common practice of building enchanted books of sending. The paper is common enough but the binding is magically enchanted and crafted from the same tree. When bark or paper from that tree is no longer around to be incorporated into the soft-cover binding you can no longer add to that set of books.

You inscribe your name on the binding of the book when you first receive it. This book is connected to the others in its set or family. To send a message to another book in the set, merely start with the name they have inscribed on their bookbinding.

Nothern Paper Birch Set
Lady Michelle (Michelle Montoya)
Melly (Mel from Bak'd)

East Quaking Aspen Set
The Lady Montoya (Ann Montoya)
Mickey (Michelle Montoya)
Young Sapling (Tatyana Montoya)
Honeybee (Siera Montoya)
Foreigner (Derrick Bidarte, Michelle's Husband)
Rock (Castel Drumroldie, Tatyana's Husband)
A-Game (Allen Montoya)
Michelle Montoya
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Fāris Al-Ibra

Re: Messages Mundane and Magical

After taking possession of the Tower of Water and with access being determined by tides those who wish to visit Michelle may want to consult the posted Tide Chart where all times are in RDT.
Reiko Souma
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

A request, at Bak'd

Post by Reiko Souma »

A little slip of paper, about one-third the size of a standard sheet of paper, was folded neatly and sealed with a sticker that had a pink spider set on a black background. The sender asked for it to be left with Michelle at the earliest convenience.

The contents inside read as follows:

"Michelle,

"I hope this note finds you well, and that all is well with you. Sometime in the near future, I hope to speak with you about a matter that's come up. I believe you may be most helpful.

"Regards,

"–Reiko Souma"
Michelle Montoya
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Fāris Al-Ibra

Late Tuesday, a few messages were sent out.

Text to Atiea: Hi Atiea, sorry I missed your Challenge with Eregor. I'm glad you made the attempt for the Tower of Water, it is a special place. I'll see you in New Haven on Saturday for our training session. - Michelle Montoya

Text to Sylista: Hello Sylista, sorry about my absence. I hope you are well and that I will see you again soon. Message me when you return. - Michelle Montoya

Letter to Reiko:
To Reiko Souma,

I have a rather busy schedule, but if you are able to meet at Azif's Tea Garden in Cadentia this week then we can chat. I'm available Wednesday and Friday afternoon.

Regards,

Michelle Montoya

Letter for Eregor:
Eregor Túr Gairdín:

Congratulations on retaining the Tower of Water. I'm sure Kohloss and the others are thrilled to have you there.

I received your letter earlier this month, and I must admit I was quite overwhelmed. Considering our past history, I did not expect your kindness or your offer. I also did not expect your support during my challenge match. Thank you.

Although I am hesitant to impose upon your time and generosity, perhaps we can meet. I'd love to see Beroan once more, and I have some questions regarding a certain stone.

Humblest Regards,

Michelle Montoya
Eregor
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
"You Traitorous Cur"

Post by Eregor »

A letter arrived for Michelle at the Baronial Manor in New Haven.

To Michelle Montoya,

Greetings!

I must apologize for the delay in responding to your letter of 23 June. One would thing that a Time Lord would have a better sense of time management, but between children and family, my duties at the Kabuki Street school and the Shanachie, and assorted dueling endeavours, I let the moments slip away. I am sure you know something of what I mean, and hope you understand.

Have no concerns for any past history between us. I have never held any animosity towards you, only that which corrupted you. Indeed, having spent more time in that cyclopean realm than I would have cared to, I admire you all the more. You were held there far longer and suffered far worse than I, and you have remained yourself. That is a most remarkable feat, and worthy of respect.

You are always welcome at the Tower of Water while I remain its Keeper, and I know that its residents would be most happy to see you again. Let me know of a time when it is convenient for you, and I will be there to talk of many things. Including, as you say, a certain stone.

Eregor Túr Gairdín
Sylista Ravenwood
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Sylista Ravenwood »

Text from Sylista:
Michelle, I competed in the All Ranks Tournament this month and won. I placed first. Undefeated! I believe this will move me into Mage rank so I wanted to thank you for your time.
Mairead Harker
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
'Baby' Baroness

Post by Mairead Harker »

A letter was addressed to Gloria Blaze, Warden of Atrebla, and sent by courier:

Dear Gloria,

I hope this letter finds you well.

For many years, you kept careful records in the archives of the Rhydin Public Library. Your hard work and attention to detail has been very helpful to me in aiding families with missing children. Many were lost in natural disasters that are listed in the records. While few of the endings are what might be called happy, questions get answered and souls are able to rest.

Many thanks, my friend, for the peace and rest you have helped me to give to others.

Maggie Harker
"And those who have not swords can still die upon them." - Eowyn, shieldmaiden of Rohan

Return to “Atrebla”