A Summer Getaway: Challenge for Seaside

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

A Summer Getaway: Challenge for Seaside

Post by JewellRavenlock »

Lady Vael,

I recently earned a baronial challenge grant for participation in the Warlord Tournament. I had some trouble deciding who to challenge as I am not one to collect baronial rings for sport to "win them all" or check a box on a list. However, challenging a record-breaking baron such as yourself is more than tempting as is the location of the baronial manor.

Please consider yourself under challenge with the deepest respect for your skill and reign.

The Empress
Jewell Ravenlock
110th Overlord
PC
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Re: A Summer Getaway: Challenge for Seaside

Post by PC »

- Title holder acceptance must be publicly posted within 1 week of this validation.
- The challenge must be fought within 2 weeks of the title holders acceptance.
- This tool will assist in helping verify the required dates.
Vaeluthil Whitevale
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Vaeluthil Whitevale »

First came Winter. Now Summer too?

Very well then.
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

The Lady Vael and I will be meeting to settle this challenge on Saturday, April 13th at 9:00pm.

Jewell Ravenlock
The Empress
110th Overlord
House of Summer
Mallory
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Mallory »

In a tense showdown with a dramatic aftermath ((check the logs, folks!)), Vaeluthil's reign over Seaside came to an end. She chose a single match for the challenge format, and after twelve close rounds, Jewell managed to close it out and win the Barony. Well reigned, Vaeluthil, and well won, Jewell!

[ Seaside's Baroness, Vaeluthil, fought under a banner of black and purple. She selected no second, and her people of honor were Cael, Buzzeria, Barbie, Taneth, and Ahni.

Her challenger, Jewell, fought under the black and gold of House Royal. She named Mallory Maeda as her second; her people of honor were her House teammates.

Ring Narwhal 1: No action this round. (FSS / FSS | 0 - 0, Vaeluthil Whitevale and JewellRavenlock.)
Ring Narwhal 2: JewellRavenlock scores! (FCP / LC | 1 - 0, JewellRavenlock leads.)
Ring Narwhal 3: Vaeluthil Whitevale scores! (TH / SH | 1 - 1, Vaeluthil Whitevale and JewellRavenlock.)
Ring Narwhal 4: No action this round. (LC / LC | 1 - 1, Vaeluthil Whitevale and JewellRavenlock.)
Ring Narwhal 5: No action this round. (LP / SH | 1 - 1, JewellRavenlock and Vaeluthil Whitevale.)
Ring Narwhal 6: JewellRavenlock scores! (HC / FSS | 2 - 1, JewellRavenlock leads.)
Ring Narwhal 7: Vaeluthil Whitevale scores! (LP / LC | 2 - 2, JewellRavenlock and Vaeluthil Whitevale.)
Ring Narwhal 8: Vaeluthil Whitevale scores! (LC / TH | 2 - 3, Vaeluthil Whitevale leads.)
Ring Narwhal 9: JewellRavenlock gains position. (DU / FLP | 2.5 - 3, Vaeluthil Whitevale leads.)
Ring Narwhal 10: JewellRavenlock scores! (HC / FCP | 3.5 - 3, JewellRavenlock leads.)
Ring Narwhal 11: JewellRavenlock scores! (TH / HC | 4.5 - 3, JewellRavenlock leads.)
Ring Narwhal 12: JewellRavenlock scores! (FCP / TH | 5.5 - 3, JewellRavenlock leads.)
FINAL: JewellRavenlock def. Vaeluthil Whitevale, 5.5 - 3 in 12 rounds. - dos
]
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Jewell posted the note on the board sometime during the afternoon:

Overlord Simon,

While I may have been accused of displaying false loyalty, know that my loyalty is first and foremost to my family and then to my team whilst I play this game of swords.

House Royal has determined that it will stand united as renegade, therefore the Baroness of Seaside stands Renegade to Overlord Matt Simon.

Sincerely,

The Empress
Jewell Ravenlock
Baroness of Seaside*
110th Overlord of the Duel of Swords

*In a few scant hours
Capistrano
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Wolf Like Me

Post by Capistrano »

A slickly-dressed Wrecking Crew public relations worker slipped into the Arena that evening and posted a quick typewritten note to the corkboard.

Congratulations to Vaeluthil Whitevale for her 1214 day reign as the Baron of Seaside (third longest all time!), and congratulations to Jewell Ravenlock for her challenge victory. Glad to see the grant got used successfully.

JJMC
Crew

Return to “The Arena”