DoS Community Discussion: New Cycle Rankings tab and possible prize talk.

Out of Character message board for the Duel of Swords

Moderator: Staff

PC
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Re: DoS Community Discussion: New Cycle Rankings tab and possible prize talk.

Post by PC »

I'm going to keep this discussion open throughout this cycle to see if there are anymore ideas for a possible icon prize / trophy. For now I'm calling the prize "The Grant of Karnafexx" and this name can be changed down the line, no problem! I know this thread has been pretty slow but I'd still like to give more time for others to speak up if they like. If not then the trophy could very well be the gold knuckles-dagger.
PC
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Re: DoS Community Discussion: New Cycle Rankings tab and possible prize talk.

Post by PC »

With the usage of the first grant of Karnafexx brought into play and questions arising from it, I thought it would be a good moment to both clarify and re-word the description of the grant for easier understanding; along with applying the challenge right clause which had been taken out due to testing throughout the cycle.

--

The Grant of Karnafexx

This special grant is awarded to a duelist who performs excellently throughout the previous cycle with 8+ duels and a win-rate above 50%.

Usage One
1. Can be used as a challenge grant against a Barony of the grant holders choosing (so long as the title holder is not under grace).
2. Can be paired with one (1) challenge right to convert the grant into an Overlord Challenge Grant.
In both cases of usage read above -- the grant holder will be allowed to appoint their own counter should an Overlord issue a test of worthiness against them. This appointment will supersede the right of a Renegade Baron to counter an Overlords test of worthiness should the grant holder see fit.

Usage Two
1. The Grant of Karnafexx can be used by its holder to either counter or issue a test of worthiness.
a. Should this be a Test of Worthiness: The grant holder will be acting as "Overlord" (without the benefits of the rank: fancies). Renegade Barons may counter this Test of Worthiness as if it were issued by the Overlord.
b. Should this be a counter to a Test of Worthiness then the grant user will act in the role of a Renegade Baron. Like a Renegade Baron, this counter cannot be refused by a challenger.

Return to “Duel of Swords (OOC)”