Correspondence: Cal & Fen

A place for stories beyond the gates of Rhy'Din
Caleb Bryn
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Correspondence: Cal & Fen

Post by Caleb Bryn »

((Deleted))
Last edited by Caleb Bryn on Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fenna De Vries
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Re: Correspondence: Cal & Fen

Post by Fenna De Vries »

To: CalBryn420@RhyMail.com
Date: December 29, 2018, 8:12 a.m.
Re: Arrived Safely

Cal,

You have no idea how much I was looking forward to this email. To say I was worried would be a huge understatement but you made it! You're out. You really, really made it. I'm so happy that you're okay. Minus the fact that you had to get rid of the Vanagon. I know how much you loved it.

The rumors have already started popping up in the network about you fleeing. Who knew a single term such as Heretic could encourage all the wealthy Names to foam at the mouth. I think they're more upset that you were able to get out than of you actually leaving. Like you were some kind of trophy hunt that they wanted to make an example of. Disgusting.

My father asked if I had spoken with you before you had decided to become a Heretic. I am not sure if he believed me or not, but I insisted that you refused to involve me in it because you knew of my station here. I'm afraid he might bring in a Mentalcrafter to see if I was fibbing or not. I have my ways around that, though, so don't worry too much. I'm basically a princess, right? I can do no wrong in their eyes.

Unless ... Unless I was to come there. Then I would be the scourge of their existence. The bane of the De Vries family name. Whatever that means.

Things have been worse, though. I'm not entirely certain but I feel it, Cal. I feel it in my bones, just beneath my skin. Something isn't right. I think it had to do with that time the Montgomery's came here to speak with my father. I could of sworn I heard them mention the Seventh Name.

I'm not sure how safe this email will be in the coming days. I know everyone is aware of our friendship and have been since we were younger so I'm almost positive that father will get someone to hack into this account. I'll get Filip to keep this email secure, though.

You're always just a carefree tower of trouble, aren't you? Don't worry; I'll not be judging you anytime soon. No one else would want to hear me venting about my family, if only because they would be scared of the consequences.

But -- freedom. Freedom does sound nice.

Let me think about it, okay? It's a hard decision. Harder than anything I can imagine.

But I do miss Ourse.

XX,
Fen
Caleb Bryn
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Caleb Bryn »

((Deleted))
Last edited by Caleb Bryn on Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caleb Bryn
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Caleb Bryn »

((Deleted))
Last edited by Caleb Bryn on Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fenna De Vries
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Fenna De Vries »

Text to Cal: A couple weeks? Are you doing some camping?
Text to Cal: And of course I can. Least I can do.

Thirty minutes later.

Text to Cal: Jesus, Cal! Have you ever heard of air freshener?? Place is like a Cheech & Chong movie!
Caleb Bryn
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Caleb Bryn »

((Deleted))

Return to “Beyond the Gates (shared)”