Bug Reports & Feature Requests

A place for the players and staff to communicate, share ideas, report bugs, make suggestions, and build our community.

Moderator: Staff

Jake
Top Thug
Top Thug
Warlord of the Boards

Location: Red Orc Brewery, a dueling venue, or the taverns of Badside

Bug Reports & Feature Requests

Post by Jake »

A place for folks to report bugs, anomalies, and other weirdness for us to look into, and also for feature requests.
Rachael Blackthorne
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
The Professor

Location: Current: Number 6 Willow Way, Canopy District, Gloaming. Former: a beach house in Arcadia.

Re: Bug Reports & Feature Requests

Post by Rachael Blackthorne »

I'm not sure if I'm the only one experiencing this bug, but the standalone mini window to check/set status gives a 404 Page Not Found error on the mini window when the link is clicked to bring up the window.

I use Firefox as my primary browser, version 65.0.1 (current version).
The hand is quicker than the eye.
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

Not just you. Thank you for letting us know.

When I updated how this looks / works, I forgot to change the mini URL from my test page to the proper live page address when I was done. That's fixed now and it should work properly.

~Kal
Rachael Blackthorne
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
The Professor

Location: Current: Number 6 Willow Way, Canopy District, Gloaming. Former: a beach house in Arcadia.

Post by Rachael Blackthorne »

I gave the feature a test, and it works perfectly now.

Thank you!
The hand is quicker than the eye.
PrlUnicorn
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PrlUnicorn »

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if something was changed. I noticed, recently, that I am no longer able to edit posts that are not my own in Memories and Other Dances. This SN is listed as the primary mod for the folder. Only delete and report functions are available for posts made by other SNs. I tried the Moderator Control Panel and no editing option seems to be available there either. Any suggestions?
Jake
Top Thug
Top Thug
Warlord of the Boards

Post by Jake »

PrlUnicorn wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 2:01 am I'm not sure if this is a bug or if something was changed. I noticed, recently, that I am no longer able to edit posts that are not my own in Memories and Other Dances. This SN is listed as the primary mod for the folder. Only delete and report functions are available for posts made by other SNs. I tried the Moderator Control Panel and no editing option seems to be available there either. Any suggestions?
Not a bug. Reviewing configuration settings recently, we realized there were some unintended permissions, so the moderator privileges were tightened down a bit.
Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Eternal Light

Location: Dunmovin (Outside of Rhydin City), Underwood (New Haven), or Caelum Training Center

Post by Claire Gallows »

Feature Request:

Maybe this is better suited as feedback to the sport coords, but I'd love to see an addition to the Records pages to include Diamond/Overlord/Archmage Stats. Not sure how hard it would be to query, but if it's a pain, I might be willing to help gather/compile data. Would love to see some info around longest reigns/defenses/etc you know? Not sure what Diamond stuff might include since it's not defendable, but don't want 'em to feel left out lol.

Just a thought!
Jake
Top Thug
Top Thug
Warlord of the Boards

Post by Jake »

Claire Gallows wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:31 am Feature Request:

Maybe this is better suited as feedback to the sport coords, but I'd love to see an addition to the Records pages to include Diamond/Overlord/Archmage Stats. Not sure how hard it would be to query, but if it's a pain, I might be willing to help gather/compile data. Would love to see some info around longest reigns/defenses/etc you know? Not sure what Diamond stuff might include since it's not defendable, but don't want 'em to feel left out lol.

Just a thought!
This is the right place, since it would require some coding effort. Kal will probably have to chime in with his thoughts on how to go about pulling this data.
Kalamere
Black Wizard
Black Wizard
Devil's Advocate

Post by Kalamere »

When I threw that all together I started with the barons. I looked at OL and sadly there is a ton of information lacking in the early days. Defense records don't exist and in some cases the reign dates are just best guesses. We don't even have a standings record that proves Gondar was actually the first person to make warlord and be granted OL as a result. So, I just skipped that and decided to do the secondary titles in each sport because the data was available. Given the lack of early day information for OL, and no real records for the Diamond that aren't pretty easily spotted on the Diamond's page, that leaves Archmage as the only one that looks to have full information and an interesting data set, but it didn't feel right just doing 1 of the 3 major titles.

So, that's my reasoning for not having it in place and sorta why I don't have it on my radar as a project. What it would take to get done though would be to go back through the entries for each of the title holders and add meta data strings to the entries. Using a baron history for example (and there are slight differences in how this works between sports, but I won't get into that), each entry in the history we store in the database begins with a meta data character that tells my scripts how to count them: eg: {C} indicates won by challenge, {T} won by tournament, {D} won a defense, {F} forfeit the title, etc. Each activity for each holder entry would need to be encoded. It's really not the best way to do it, but this all started before we took over the site, so we had limited access to make data base entries into a schema that really wasn't designed for this sort of thing.
Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Eternal Light

Location: Dunmovin (Outside of Rhydin City), Underwood (New Haven), or Caelum Training Center

Post by Claire Gallows »

Kalamere wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:27 am When I threw that all together I started with the barons. I looked at OL and sadly there is a ton of information lacking in the early days. Defense records don't exist and in some cases the reign dates are just best guesses. We don't even have a standings record that proves Gondar was actually the first person to make warlord and be granted OL as a result. So, I just skipped that and decided to do the secondary titles in each sport because the data was available. Given the lack of early day information for OL, and no real records for the Diamond that aren't pretty easily spotted on the Diamond's page, that leaves Archmage as the only one that looks to have full information and an interesting data set, but it didn't feel right just doing 1 of the 3 major titles.

So, that's my reasoning for not having it in place and sorta why I don't have it on my radar as a project. What it would take to get done though would be to go back through the entries for each of the title holders and add meta data strings to the entries. Using a baron history for example (and there are slight differences in how this works between sports, but I won't get into that), each entry in the history we store in the database begins with a meta data character that tells my scripts how to count them: eg: {C} indicates won by challenge, {T} won by tournament, {D} won a defense, {F} forfeit the title, etc. Each activity for each holder entry would need to be encoded. It's really not the best way to do it, but this all started before we took over the site, so we had limited access to make data base entries into a schema that really wasn't designed for this sort of thing.
Got it! That makes sense, thanks for the insight!!
Vincent Veneficus
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Vincent Veneficus »

Not sure if this is the right spot, but the 20KB limit on Avatars for the forum is incredibly limiting. I spent like an hour playing in Photoshop making subtle changes to try to get it under 20KB. Once I got under 25KB it became harder and harder to whittle away at that file size. 50KB might be a little more realistic.
Jake
Top Thug
Top Thug
Warlord of the Boards

Post by Jake »

Vincent Veneficus wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:13 pm Not sure if this is the right spot, but the 20KB limit on Avatars for the forum is incredibly limiting. I spent like an hour playing in Photoshop making subtle changes to try to get it under 20KB. Once I got under 25KB it became harder and harder to whittle away at that file size. 50KB might be a little more realistic.
This is the right place. We'll give it a try at 50KB.
Vincent Veneficus
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Vincent Veneficus »

Jake wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:19 pm
Vincent Veneficus wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:13 pm Not sure if this is the right spot, but the 20KB limit on Avatars for the forum is incredibly limiting. I spent like an hour playing in Photoshop making subtle changes to try to get it under 20KB. Once I got under 25KB it became harder and harder to whittle away at that file size. 50KB might be a little more realistic.
This is the right place. We'll give it a try at 50KB.
Yeah, I came up with that size based on just using Photoshop to resize a 3:4 aspect ratio picture to the proper pixels for the forum and default––without any mucking with color data or quality reduction––it was at 49.5KB when I saved it so 50KB seemed like it should accommodate even the most detailed of 120x160 profile pictures.

Return to “Community Townhall”