Moderators: Bailey Raptis, JewellRavenlock

Bailey Raptis
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
The Stolen Child

Location: Can be found many places, but resides in Old Temple

Re: The Veil of Faerie ((OOC Thread))

Post by Bailey Raptis »

I'm starting to re-post the first Bailey thread, "Hidden in Plain Sight". I'm making some tweaks as I go along, so it might not read exactly like you remember, and I might actually be making things worse, but that's the risk you take when you revisit three-year-old posts!
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Post by JewellRavenlock »

It's only a year later, but the Faerie Queen is finished. I'm so thankful to everyone who participated in the story-line and helped me weave a more complicated tale than I originally imagined.
"The smell of her hair, the taste of her mouth, the feeling of her skin seemed to have got inside him, or into the air all round him. She had become a physical necessity."
George Orwell 1984
Pharlen
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Pharlen »

<3 An amazing story!
Fantastically Ordinary
Drop by for a cuppa odd.
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Pharlen wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:15 pm <3 An amazing story!
Thank you! I owe so much to everyone who helped me with it, especially Mallory who always helps me iron out the details. Also Kalamere, who stabbed Jewell in the heart and set the whole thing in motion.

It's also the end of the arc of stories I started (without really meaning to) when I first "killed" Jewell in 2009. So hurrah! It's over!
"The smell of her hair, the taste of her mouth, the feeling of her skin seemed to have got inside him, or into the air all round him. She had become a physical necessity."
George Orwell 1984
Bailey Raptis
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
The Stolen Child

Post by Bailey Raptis »

The "campsite rule" that gets alluded to in my most recent "Ascension" post is not an original idea of mine. It comes from Dan Savage's Savage Love columns, and you can read a more detailed definition of it in the column's glossary at this (NSFW, sex talk) link.
Bailey Raptis
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
The Stolen Child

Post by Bailey Raptis »

Taking a mental health/battery recharge break for the rest of the week.
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

I owe people some writing and posts and I want to participate in Fashion Week but everything is on hold as I get over the flu.

I basically feel like lukewarm and slightly moldy leftovers.
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

“If you’re gonna be Fae you gotta think Fae. Just do what I do -- put yourself in a position so you’re pretty much invincible and burn those mother fuckers down one by one as they come for you.”
Jewell reveals her life plans when she talks to Bailey.
Bailey Raptis
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
The Stolen Child

Post by Bailey Raptis »

Ascension is finally done! Many thanks to everyone that I played with and wrote with since I came back here a year ago, and to everyone who helped me with proof-reading, sensitivity-reading, or just flat-out wanting to read what I had written while I was workshopping it with myself.

I have family visiting for the next few weeks and a vacation planned for August 8-11, so my writing and play pace is going to slow even more dramatically, but I haven't forgotten about all the story threads I've left out there. B-BO1! The Wayward Court! Glesni and Mallory! I am excited to explore all these as time allows. Please look forward to what's coming next!
Bailey Raptis
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
The Stolen Child

Post by Bailey Raptis »

Storyline clarification: the most recently posted bit for Bailey is still linked to events in the Coup De Main storyline, but obviously takes place after that attack and the subsequent meeting with Eva.

On a related note, I wanted to send my thanks out to Eva's player and Mallory's player for all the work they did on the scenes following Bailey's injuries, and Bailey's attempt to magically heal himself. It's always a pleasure and a privilege to write with you, and I hope there are many more scenes to come!
Bailey Raptis
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
The Stolen Child

Post by Bailey Raptis »

A lot to unpack here, so let's get to it!

First, I wanted to make doubly sure everyone knew what went into the writing of the last post in Coup de Main, so I'm going to copy and paste the notes at the end of it here:
Please bear with me here, as I have a lot of people to thank for making this post possible. First, this post was written with Mallory’s player, with immense gratitude and thanks. Secondly, I wanted to thank the players of Jewell Ravenlock, Vaeluthil Whitevale, Lilly Frozenpetal, and Eri Maeda, for allowing me to utilize knights from the Wayward Court, wyldfae redcaps, the Twilight Isle pixies and a specially created sleep spell, and the Kabuki Street delinquents in my post, respectively. Thank you for entrusting your ideas to me, and letting them play a role in my story here.
Second, that brings to a close the story of Coup de Main, and, more generally, of Bailey's fight against the Stolen Ones/Changeling Court in RhyDin City. In addition to the people I thanked above, who helped with that final post and other posts throughout the course of this storyline, I wanted to send additional thanks to the players of Eden Parker, Eva Luna, Eri Maeda, Kate Turner, and Mason Harrigan for their work on playing scenes and writing posts related to Bailey's ongoing struggles with the Stolen Ones Court. Additional thanks go to anybody who played with Bailey over the past five years as this all rolled out. To anybody I've left out here, my apologies! I have a dodgy memory sometimes, and I don't mean to downplay your contributions to what I've written.

This doesn't spell the end of Bailey's story by any means, but, after so much time spent focused on writing it and playing out, I'm planning to take advantage of this natural "lull" in the narrative to take a bit of a break from writing it. Don't worry, I'm hopeful that I will be inspired to jump back into it at some point, and there are still plenty of story threads left for Bailey and I to pull.

So once again, thanks to everybody who helped me write this story, everyone who played into it, and everyone who read it. :)
Issy
Adventurer
Adventurer
Location: Most likely Batten Tower or her apartment at Toujours le Vert

Post by Issy »

J! Look what I found!

It was in a message thread of ours from 2015!

LOL!

Miss you!
Love you!
Isuelt DeRomiano
Batten Industries

JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Welp, this is how far behind I am that I am just seeing your post now Issy.

Miss you too ❤️
George Orwell 1984
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

I've been around a bit playing. May even write some words.

Stay tuned.
George Orwell 1984
JewellRavenlock
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
The Empress

Brace yourselves. Words are coming!

Return to “Beyond the Veil”