Challenge for the Tower of Earth

Events and announcements from the enchanted isle of the Duel of Magic.

Moderator: Staff

With Wicked Intent
Adventurer
Adventurer
The Bastard Son of Hades

Challenge for the Tower of Earth

Post by With Wicked Intent »

To the current resident of the Tower of Earth:

Since I have returned to the sport and have been active just long enough, I think I would very much like to have my Tower back. So I'm challenging you for the Key.

Sincerely,

Jacen Balthazar

The Bastard Son of Hades
Last edited by With Wicked Intent on Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is better to be hated for what you are, than to be loved for what you are not.
DUEL Specter
RoH Official
RoH Official
Location: Coordinators office on Twilight Isle. She'll be the one glowing in the dark.

Post by DUEL Specter »

::included was a list of callers::
DemiBob
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by DemiBob »

M'k, accepted. I'll try to find a time to fit you in sometime between the opening day of my bank (that's Bank of Bob, soon offering the BoB credit line!) and visiting the moons around Rhydin to decide which one I wish to buy with some of the QUADRILLIONS of dollars I've made mining the Tower of Earth. Jeeves will be in contact with you sometime .. soonish, I suppose.
DemiBob
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by DemiBob »

Let it not be said I do not entertain my fans!

Challenge is on for tonight, Tuesday the 6th of September, at 9:30 EST. Claire will call. Be there!
With Wicked Intent
Adventurer
Adventurer
The Bastard Son of Hades

Now that's what I'm talking about. Express service. You must be in a hurry to move out. See you tonight!
It is better to be hated for what you are, than to be loved for what you are not.
Addie
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Addie »

Wait! Do I lose my Cookie Keeper job if Bob loses?

-AA
Squire of Old Temple, Keeper of Cookies, Tara's Fire Squire
Awkward
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Awkward »

Penned to the boards was a note with a black wax skull seal to indicate its 'official' nature.

Addie,

Should Bob not defend his title, feel free to drop off cookies at the Tower of Death. I will be sure Bob receives some of them. You'll be paid in : I'll allow you to keep living, death free.

- Grace
The Keeper of Death
Patches Gasps!
With Wicked Intent
Adventurer
Adventurer
The Bastard Son of Hades

Actually, I happen to enjoy cookies. So she may keep her job once the Tower changes hands.
Addie
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Addie »

Guy I Don't Know (Yet),

Only if you pay me as well as Bob does. I accept cash, silver, gold, and precious gems. Make it worth my time and it'll so be worth yours.

Grace,

Um... I don't wanna die.

Bob,

I don't like changing routines, so try to win for my sake? I'll make you a double batch of the good stuff if you do!

-AA
Squire of Old Temple, Keeper of Cookies, Tara's Fire Squire
Addie
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Addie »

On short notice she could only be so creative, but several unlabeled bakery boxes were delivered just before the challenge began. Green was the theme or so it seemed, decorated sugar cookies in one box and chocolate mint chip cookies in the other.

DUEL Claire
Coordinator
Coordinator
Location: Underwood Manor, Sassy Owl Saloon, DGO, or the dueling venues

Post by DUEL Claire »

It took all 3 matches but Jacen pried the Keeper's key out of Bob's tentacles and became the newest Keeper of Earth. Well reigned Bob, 'grats Jacen.

Full write up later.
DUEL Claire
Coordinator
Coordinator
Location: Underwood Manor, Sassy Owl Saloon, DGO, or the dueling venues

Post by DUEL Claire »

Here's how it went down.

Code: Select all

Titan 1: Jacen's intent on some pretty big mind games but Bob's off to a shocking start! (MB/FMW) 1 Bob
Titan 2: JACEN! IT IS SEPTEMBER. IT IS NOT TIME FOR THE COLD. Bob! Take care of my light work for me. That's it, there you go. (MW/AB) 2 Bob
Titan 3: Jacen's on the board with the big guns but Bob's keeping pace with his own brutality (MS/NR) 3-1 Bob
Titan 4: Oh. Well... that's exciting. Bob with his shield and Jacen with his armor. Okay, I lied, it's not very exciting. Hit each other! (FSH/FAR) 3-1 Bob
Titan 5: Pew pew! Bob's not letting Jacen get away that easily! (MB/GF) 4-1 Bob
Titan 6: Bob tries to bury Jacen but Jacen's plucky. He's not quite ready to go out like that (EF/FDP) 4-2 Bob
Titan 7: Jacen's cracking that whip again but this time Bob's nowhere to be found! (DP/MW) 4.5-2 Bob
Titan 8: The gap narrows as Jacen chops through Bob's defense! (SH/WB) 4.5-3 Bob
Titan 9: I mean, turnabout *is* fair play, so with that, we move to our second match! (WB/NR) 5-3 Bob

((DemiBob .def. With Wicked Intent, 5-3 in 9.))

Titan Redux 1: Bob. Go to time out. Now. Once you make it out of the fog at least. (AB/FF) 1 Jacen
Titan Redux 2: Bob's quick to take it back with a quick whip (MW/FT) 1 All
Titan Redux 3: Tink tink! The sound of blades bouncing off some snazzypants armor (WB/FAR) 1-2 Jacen
Titan Redux 4: And thunk. That's what happens when you shoot the big guns at a sturdy shield like that (SH/NR) 1.5-2 Jacen
Titan Redux 5: Oh... oh ow... that... right back in his face (FMB/RF) 1.5-3 Jacen
Titan Redux 6: That's some fancy footwork there, Jacen's displacin' (that rhymes) to match point! (FT/FDP) 1.5-4 Jacen
Titan Redux 7: Jacen blasts his way to a third match! (DP/NR) 1.5-5 Jacen

((With Wicked Intent .def. DemiBob, 5-1.5 in 7.))

Finale 1: Talk about starting off with a bang! Bob leaps into the lead (FMB/FMW) 1.5 Bob
Finale 2: Jacen's ray serves him well and closes the gap (FF/NR) 1.5-1 Bob
Finale 3: Bob's getting spooky but Jacen's tieing things up (FT/DP) 1.5 All
Finale 4: Bob goes to bolt but gets rained out from on high (MB/FMS) 1.5-3 Jacen
Finale 5: Bob makes it rain but Jacen runs away. Match point! (FMS/FDP) 1.5-4 Jacen
Finale 6: Bob's not out of it yet! Sneaking past Jacen's armor for just a tickle (FT/AR) 2-4 Jacen
Finale 7: Bob marks that return to sender and ooo, not the face. (RF/MB) 3-4 Jacen
Finale 8: With some scare tactics of his own, Jacen becomes the thirty-eighth, well, and twenty-sixth, but mostly the thirty-eighth Keeper of Earth. (MB/FT) 3-5 Jacen

((Final: With Wicked Intent .def. DemiBob, 5-3 in 8))
DemiBob
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by DemiBob »

Thanks for coming out everyone! Don't worry -- I, Bob, am not saddened by the loss of my Tower. When one door closes, another opens. Future adventures await me, while the Tower can now be home to another. May it nurture his growth as much as it did mine.

Well won, Jacen. Enjoy it.

Return to “Twilight Isle”