Challenge for MoonBeryl

The happenings and goings-on out back in the home of the Duel of Fists.

Moderator: Staff

Hope
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Beast Mode

Challenge for MoonBeryl

Post by Hope »

:: a note was posted to the Outback corkboard with surprisingly decent penmanship ::

BlueBeryl, you've done fantastic since you've stepped into the rings and seeing as how it's been a minute since I last did this, I'd like to dust off a bit and try you on. I think it'll make for a wonderful card and it should be a fun fight. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Hope
DUEL Kal
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Kal »

Blue
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Blue »

Ah, challenge #4. If I'd known MoonBeryl would be this popular, I would have auctioned it off to finance some of my science experiments! Do you know how expensive it is to try and rebuild advanced machines from other worlds? I've been working three jobs just to purchase a few replacement parts! I'm starting to think I should just rob banks or something…

But that's off topic. I'm letting myself ramble. I accept your challenge and will be contact with you at some point in the near future, maybe between shifts at the Junkyard and on my break at the smelting plant.

Maybe if we're lucky someone will challenge for another opal and we can have an actual card!! I wonder if we could sell tickets..
Hope
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Beast Mode

Post by Hope »

This challenge is scheduled for Friday the 20th at 9PM EST.
DUEL Claire
Coordinator
Coordinator
Location: Underwood Manor, Sassy Owl Saloon, DGO, or the dueling venues

Post by DUEL Claire »

Long of the short, Hope defeats Blue in 2 matches to claim MoonBeryl.

Full write up to come.
Blue
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Blue »

Well won Hope!
DUEL Claire
Coordinator
Coordinator
Location: Underwood Manor, Sassy Owl Saloon, DGO, or the dueling venues

Post by DUEL Claire »

MoonBeryl Challenge
Friday, February 20th
Challenger: Hope
Defender: Blue

Match One
The Can
Moon 1: Blue starting off with a bang... right on into Hope's high block! (JB/FAB) 1 Hope
Moon 2: Since we're just after Valentine's Day, it only makes sense that Blue wants to sweep the pretty lady off her feet. Hope's got other plans though and makes him eat her boot. (LS/SN) 2 Hope
Moon 3: Hope's just a small town girl, feint chopping into a lonely wooooooorld... after Blue flips her. (FL/FeCH) 1-2 Hope
Moon 4: Blue's just a city boy, born in raised in I-Can't-Commit. He took the midnight train, goin' anywheeeeere. (FeSN/LS) 1-2 Hope
Moon 5: A singer in a smoky room. A smell of wine and cheap perfume. For a smile they can share the night. It goes on and on and on and on while Hope runs from Blue's punch (JB/FDO) 1-3 Hope
Moon 6: Strangers waiting. Up and down the boulevard. Their shadows searching in the night. Streetlight people. Living just to find emotion. Hiding somewhere in the land of I-Cant-Commit again. (FeFL/CH) 1-3 Hope
Moon 7: Brootality! Drink up Gren! (JB/JB) 2-4 Hope
Moon 8: ...Umm, watch the babymaker there Blue. I dunno if she ever wants kids, but man that was quite the shot. (FUC/JK) 3-4 Hope
Moon 9: It's like the Russian ballet up in here. No points for either as Blue leaps and Hope ducks. (FaLP/FDU) 3-4 Hope
Moon 10: Blue lingers if the land of I-Cant-Commit and pays for it when Hope capitalizes and tosses him to take the first match (FeJB/FL)
((Final: Queen .def. Blue, 5-3 in 10. Match One))

Match Two
Styx
Beryl 1: Hope, the romantic sort that she is, sweeps Blue right off his feet to claim the first point of the second match (FDO/LS) 1 Hope
Beryl 2: Hope's got strong arms holding up against that kick of Blue's, but sure enough, she does it. (SN/FAB) 2 Hope
Beryl 3: I think Hope might have moved to I-Can't-Commit Land. (HK/FeFL) 2 Hope
Beryl 4: Blue Blue Blue, that only works when *I* do it. (FeSP/JB) 3 Hope
Beryl 5: Swing and a miss and a slap in the face for your troubles. (UC/CH) 4 Hope
Beryl 6: The last time I saw her pull something like that in a challenge, she knocked Andrea Anderson right the heck out... but... uh... I think I've entered the Twilight Zone. Not really sure what's happening here... so uh... moving on. (FaFeSN/FaSP) 4 Hope
Beryl 7: Well. Drink up Gren, this one's over. They end it a bit more conventionally and MoonBeryl goes home with someone new tonight. (JB/JB)
((Final: Queen .def. Blue, 5-1 in 7. Match Two))

End Result: In two matches, Hope wins.

Return to “The Outback”