Challenge for Old Market

Notices and stories concerning events in the legendary basement of the Duel of Swords.

Moderator: Staff

Jaycy Ashleana
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Sassiest

Challenge for Old Market

Post by Jaycy Ashleana »

Baroness Rhi Harker,

I challenge you for the right to hold the Barony of Old Market. I look forward to a good match.

Jaycynda Alexander
DUEL Apple
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Apple »

This challenge is valid and may proceed.
Rhiannon D Harker
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Rhiannon D Harker »

Warlady Alexander,

I formally accept your challenge.

The particulars agreed upon are Thursday, 28 August at 10pm by the Eastern Clock and will be called by the ever delightful, Dris.

I, too, look forward to a good match.

Rhiannon D. Harker
Baroness of Old Market
DUEL Dris
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Dris »

It was with great honor and tremendous pleasure -- not to mention dressed in my Sunday best of the most luxurious white tuxedo you ever did see -- that I was present and accounted for to officiate this match! The long and the short of it is as follows!

In a best of three format, Baroness Rhiannon D. Harker took on challenger Warlady Jaycynda Alexander. The first match went to the Baroness's favor with the win, and the second one proceeded much shorter but with a spectacular nudge into SUDDEN DEATH. Still, the Baroness came out on top again and cut us down from three potential matches to needing to defend her title in only two.

Congratulations on your amazing defense, Baroness Harker. Well tried on the challenge Warlady Alexander! All my best and better luck next time. It was a real delight to be your calling official! Do not hesitate to look me up again for all your challenge needs!

As an added bonus, I've once again bribed the goblins of the Isle to put together this little magical viewing contraption for your instant replay satisfaction. Do enjoy!

Code: Select all

DUEL Dris: Old Market 1. Round 1: "The warlady's starting out on the cautious side this evening and really seems to be wanting to make me prance around all night in this getup for your viewing pleasure. It's okay. I'm not complaining. I dressed like this just for all of you!" (CP/LC) 0.5 - 0 Jaycy

DUEL Dris: Old Market 1. Round 2: "Contrariwise, the Baroness is out for blood! Please keep it in the ring, ladies! I'm wearing a very fine white suit here! Blood stains are a pain to wash out, as I'm sure you know!" (LC/TH) 1.0 - 0.5 Rhi

DUEL Dris: Old Market 1. Round 3: "I saw a skit like this once, but the kids involved were wearing much more adorable costumes. Yellow shirts and these cute little ball caps that looked like ducks. I think it was a hip hop routine, or whatever those kids're doing these days. I mean it was really, really... You would've awed at just how precious they were. This? Well. This is just awkward and it doesn't change the score any at all." (FaDUx2) 1.0 - 0.5 Rhi

DUEL Dris: Old Market 1. Round 4: "This looks like it's going to be one of those long, drawn out, ping pong sort of nights at this rate. The lead switches hands back over to the warlady's hands here as Jaycy defends herself against having her legs lopped off with grace and style!" (FCP/LC) 1.5 - 1.0 Jaycy

DUEL Dris: Old Market 1. Round 5: "Oh ho hoooo! The Baroness thought she was going to get tricksy here by talkin' it up a moment before, but more to the point -- hah, point, get it? -- is the warlady's quick lunge over that wild and crrrrrraaaaaaazy swing! Really, now. Don'tcha know by invokin' G'nort's name like that ye're just askin' for trouble? Say it with me now, everybody! G'nort 3:16 saaaaaaays...?" (TH/SL) 2.5 - 1.0 Jaycy

DUEL Dris: Old Market 1. Round 6: "Seems the warlady might've been expecting a swift hand of retaliatory justice! But instead the Baroness is just trying to tell her that her hair might be in need of a little trim. Really. Jaycy. When's the last time ye've been to a salon, darlin'! Ye're lookin' a little shaggy up there!" Even if she wasn't. (SH/HC) 2.5 - 2.0 Jaycy

DUEL Dris: Old Market 1. Round 7: "Wowza! Didja know the Baroness can dance? I did. We've heated up a few dance floors in our time, if y'know what I mean. But I have never seen her steal away a lead like this! Okay, maybe I have. I'm old. I've seen things. That doesn't mean I really remember them all. But I do remember the smokin' hot! Like this." (TH/FSS) 3.0 - 2.5 Rhi

DUEL Dris: Old Market 1. Round 8: "Sweet, sweet music to my ears! When weapons collide! Some day I'mma write a ballad about this sort of thing, since it happens with incredibly alarming -- eh? eh? -- frequency around here! Never a finer time for a bit of a metallic serenade than in the middle of a challenge match! The world should always take pause for a song." (HCx2) 3.0 - 2.5 Rhi

DUEL Dris: Old Market 1. Round 9: "Oh do please insert your special blend of maniacal laugh right on in here, Jaycy! The warlady powers up to defend against the bookend with just the kind of power and poise you'd expect when pitting two extraordinary peers together in a ring! That slim margin lead changes hands again!" (FCP/LC) 3.5 - 3.0 Jaycy

DUEL Dris: Old Market 1. Round 10: "The Baroness snatches it right on back out of the warlady's hands! There needs be a lot more wild applause, flailing bodies, and excited screams going on out there in the crowd! What are you all waiting for!" (SS/HC) 4.0 - 3.5 Rhi

DUEL Dris: Old Market 1. Round 11: "No mercy, cries the Baroness! The warlady's time is done! The first of three ends in the favor of Rhiannon 'Delectable' Harker! I know it's really Dawn or something equally common, but there's a lot of that name going around in here tonight...." (LC/TH) 5.0 - 3.5 Rhi

Code: Select all

DUEL Dris: "All right! Here we go, assorted spectators!" Seeing that Jaycy and Rhi were now back in position. "Challenge for Old Market, best of three format, take two!" He sliced a hand down like they do in the middle of boxing matches or something, for lack of marker thing.

DUEL Dris: Old Market 2. Round 1: "The Baroness puts on the pressure right away and continues her merciless approach to this battle. Rhi gets first blood and the first point in the first round! But can she keep up this momentum? Wait and see!" (HC/TH) 1 - 0 Rhi

DUEL Dris: Old Market 2. Round 2: "Listen, Jaycy. Didn't we learn this lesson in the first match? It didn't work for Rhiannon. What in the world makes you think it'd work for you? Once again, everybody! Say it with me now! G'nort 3:16 saaaaaaaays....?" Hand to his ear. Waiting for it. Don't let him down now! (SL/LC) 2 - 0 Rhi

DUEL Dris: Old Market 2. Round 3: "Y'all jus' like hearin' me sing it when circumstances like this come about. ~Oh, ye'll tak' the high road, and I'll tak' the low road, And I'll get to Scotland afore ye;~ The ye, here, bein' Rhi, on account of 'er still bein' in the lead after this trade." (LC/HC) 3 - 1 Rhi

DUEL Dris: Old Market 2. Round 4: "Oh my! And the Impinator's even present and accounted for to witness the glory and the beauty that is done in his honor this day!" Dris had some colorful, sparkle confetti in his suit pocket. He took some out and threw it. "How does it go? Double IMPact, right?" (THx2) 4 - 2 Rhi

DUEL Dris: Old Market 2. Round 5: "Jaycy is not yet ready to surrender! Nor is she prepared to lose any more hair! I also owe Imp a beer right now, so if somebody close-ish to the bar could maybe throw him one for me that'd be fantastic. And me too? Please? All this announcing business is leaving me a bit parched." (FDU/HC) 4 - 3 Rhi

DUEL Dris: Old Market 2. Round 6: "Oooooh booooy! We've come full circle to a real nail biter of a SUDDEN DEATH here, ladies and gentlemen--" Glance, momentarily, to the thing over by the bar that was growling. "--and things." Ahem. "Who's it gonna be? Are we on the edges of our seats yet, because you very well should be!" (FCP/LC) 4 ALL

DUEL Dris: Old Market 2. Round 7: "Oooh. They bring this match to a remarkably stylish close. Look at those moves. These two ladies are a sight for the centuries. The muses will be singing their praises for eons to come! Of course, only one of them can walk away from all this posturing and posing the winner, and that glory goes to the woman with the better vantage point. Baroness Rhiannon 'Dynamically' D Harker retains her title, assorted spectators! Let's give these two a house-shaking round of applause!" (FLP/FDU) 5 - 4 Rhi

Return to “The Arena”