Home of the (in)famous RhyDin Rewind!

Moderators: Seirichi, Harris

Seirichi
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Queen of The Outback

Hate is such an ugly word.

Post by Seirichi »

"You ask me if I enjoy being `Hated`." Seirichi even added the air quotations to get her point across. The young man sitting across from her was a student from a school Seirichi couldn't be bothered to know the name of. All she knew is that the kid wanted to interview her -- and for some odd reason, it could be seen as good PR.

Whatever. She had thirty minutes to kill, then it was time for RhyDin House Wives, and she will NOT be missing that.

"Hate is such an ugly word. Next thing you'll be telling me is that people are jealous of my success. Which, they are. That's what happens when you shoot up like a star and show how better you are than the lower ranked pools of worthless trash that circulate around the Duels. Yes, I enjoy being hated. Because I know I'm in their heads. I know they will grit their teeth when I win a title, I know they will cheer and be happy when I lose. In the end? They are focused on me. Even if they love or hate me, I'm on their mind."

Seirichi leaned in to press a finger to the boys nose. "Love and hate are the same. Both are strong emotions that bring out the best and worst in people. So, that's why I don't mind being hated.. Because as long as I'm hated, as long as people keep yelling my name in disgust and dream at night of them punching me in the face? I know I'm relevant. I know I'm getting a reaction out of them. I know they are falling for my tricks. I know I own them. Their thoughts, their time hating on me? I own it.."

Then came a wink. "Plus it gives the press something to talk about.. and off the record, most of it is for show. But don't tell anyone that, or I'll be forced to have Harris beat you up."

Seirichi sat back and snickered. Her fingers curling to press against her jaw as she gave a tilt of her head. "Next question?"

The boy nodded in a hurry as he tried his best to keep up with what the Siovanui had told him. ".. Right, so.. Your favorite snack food?"

"Peanut brittle, of course. Anyone who disagrees that peanut brittle is the best are low brow snobs who would rather eat pig **** than something as godlike as peanut brittle. I mean, who the **** hates peanut brittle?"

".. I'm allergic to peanuts." The boy said, which caused Seirichi to stare at him through squinted eyes.

"R--Right..! Okay, so - you had a baby.. And you're coming back to dueling! Any thoughts on the newest Emeralds?" The middle school interviewer quickly switched subjects.

"That has nothing to do with me. You started your question bringing up my beautiful child, turn it to stepping back into the Outback, then switch it to two people who have nothing to do with me. Wow.. Okay, so." Seirichi rolled her eyes and let out a sigh.

"Melly is fine. She's causing a fuss within the sports, and I'm happy with it. Someone needed to pick up the reins while I was pregnant, and this girl did a good job of it. Straight shot right to Emerald without any trouble. She's the walking, talking proof that there are two types of people in the Outback. Those who suck and take years to make rank, and those who have natural talent and a keen eye, those are the ones who make a name for themselves. Even if she loses to Vincent, it shouldn't matter. She already did things others could only dream of. In all honesty? I hope she wins the Diamond Quest. I'd like to see the jealous masses gnash their teeth and cry.." Seirichi grinned when she said this. An amused chuckle leaving her lips soon after.

"As for Queen. She already lost to Red. At least she got a win in during the challenge, or else I'd have to trash on her more. She's another bright star that shined over the Outback. I'm looking forward to seeing what she can do in the future. My dream one, two finish for this coming Diamond Quest? Melly and Queen. I'll step out of the spot light and give it to them for the time being. They earned it."

"Both were trained by Harris, write that down. He always makes winners. That's how it is. Anything touched by him turns to gold.. annnnd," Seirichi checked the clock on the wall. The `aaaaaaa` of that and being the amount of time it took for the clock to finally hit a 7 PM.

"Housewives is on. Get your ass out of my office, I need to see if Sherry takes back Tate.. Unless you want to watch, but you'll need to run down to the vending machine for me real quick and get me some chips. Here, take this," She offered the hurried looking boy a few coins and sent him on his way.

"THE SPICY KIND! I SWEAR IF YOU GET COOL RANCH I'M GOING TO SMACK YOU!" Echoed out from the office as the poor boy went running down the hall.

At least the boy got an A+ on his interview the next day at school.

Return to “KLIT-AM 900 Radio”