Squire Champions?

Out of Character message board for the Duel of Swords

Moderator: Staff

Rhiannon Brock
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Squire Champions?

Post by Rhiannon Brock »

In light of Norah's plans to update the rules, I have a change to suggest.

Under the rules regarding Renegade Barons:
6. "Right of Challenge": Renegades may appoint only a warlord champion IF the Overlord elects to use the "Test of Worthiness" against them. The appointed champion may decline.

Why not allow Squires, regardless or rank, to champion their Baron if the circumstances fit?
"The definition of hero never included anything about age." RDB
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Ric Flair

Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

Re: Squire Champions?

Post by G »

Rhiannon Brock wrote: Why not allow Squires, regardless or rank, to champion their Baron if the circumstances fit?
Why not?

Champion's a champion. I'd be inclined to consider anyone available to be able to be a champion. However, I would only require that people who are champions MUST be listed on the standings in order to be eligible to be a champion.

I'd be cool with Squires being a champion. Hell, if the Baron picked the wrong squire and that squire sucks, the Baron ends up paying for it in the long run.

When I'm a Baron again and have a squire, chances are pretty high I won't let my own squire champion me. I'm going to pick someone who'll have a better chance of winning.
G'nort Dragoon-Talanador
Duel of Swords Legend. Best In The World™.
First All Time DoS Title Holder.
Listed as "Daddy" in your daughters contacts list.
DUEL Norah
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Norah »

I will consider this suggestion.
Maria Graziano
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Maria Graziano »

Very cool idea! I'm not so sure I'd be into anyone being able to be a champion but definitely like the squire idea. I love that it offers a way for lower ranks to have a chance to participate in Arena politics/challenges without a huge alteration in the rules.

Return to “Duel of Swords (OOC)”