Diamond Quest 53!

The happenings and goings-on out back in the home of the Duel of Fists.

Moderator: Staff

Goldglo
Coordinator
Coordinator

Diamond Quest 53!

Post by Goldglo »

It's that time once again for the Outback's best to fight it out for the Diamond! Sunday, April 27th at 7pm by the eastern clock; mark your calendars and come out to cheer for your favorite dueler or throw a few punches yourself!

Please inform Matthew Simon and Kheldar Drasinia, or respond to this message if you intend on taking part.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

--The DoF Staff
Rakeesh
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Professional Duelist

Post by Rakeesh »

I will be participating, effendis.
When I am silent, I have thunder hidden inside.

[OOC: Twitter is the best way to stay in touch. <3]
Grayson
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Grayson »

Count me in.
DUEL Rena
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Rena »

I promised to help call for this but right now I have thunderstorms and lightening coming this way...it may be gone by kick off time...it may not. If it is, I'll be there.
Grayson
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Grayson »

Extinuating circumstances force me to withdraw. Good luck to everyone else!
DUEL Rena
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Rena »

Kheld beats out five others to become the 53th Diamond.

((Details to follow))
DUEL Rena
RoH Official
RoH Official

Results of the 53rd Quest

Post by DUEL Rena »

Sunday night, April 27, 2008 as the bell tolled 7:30PM, six Emeralds faced off in a round robin tournament to see who would claim the title of Diamond. In order of seeding the six were-Kheldar Drasinia, Cassius Gauis Maximus, Sartan, Vincent VM Smith, Matthew Simon and Rakeesh Sah Tarna.

ROUND 1:
Kheld faced off against Rak in what would be the shortest duel of the night up to this point and not giving up a point until round five. Rak was defeated 5-1 in six rounds. On the other hand, Cass dueled Matt in what would be the longest, so far, taking the match 5-4 in 11 rounds. The current Diamond, Sar, outdueled the current ArchMage, Vinny with a score of 5-1 in seven.

Standings: Kheld, Cass and Sartan 1-0; Rak, Matt and Vinny 01.

ROUND 2:
Matt and Kheld faced off in the next round, knocking each other around until the 12th round with Matt becoming the victor with a score of 6-5. Rak took on Vinny and, while doing a bit better than his previous duel, Vinny came out in the losing end in 9 rounds, 5-3. Cass went against Sar and kept it close till then last two rounds. Sar defeated Cass, 5-3 in 9 rounds.

Standings: Sar 2-0; Matt, Rak, Kheld and Cass 1-1; Vinny 0-2.

ROUND 3:
This round was unique in that all the scores ended up being 5-4. Vinny started staging a comeback as he took out Kheld in the second longest duel of the night. They traded jabs and even though Kheld attempted to pull away, Vinny didn't let him and kept the duel close. Vinny took the win in 12 rounds. Sar continued his winning ways even though Matt had an early lead but eventually saw it slink away. Matt lost in 10 rounds. The shortest match of this round saw Rak and Cass seesaw back and forth but the Roman came out on top, taking this duel in 8 rounds.

Standings: Sar 3-0; Cass 2-1; Rak, Kheld, Matt and Vinny 1-2.

ROUND 4:
Where round 3 was close duels, round four was entirely different. Vinny began, continuing his winning streak, by defeating Cass in a perfect duel with a score of 5-0 in five rounds. Matt found himself comparing dance moves with Rak and taking the liotaur down to the floor then stalled, allowing Rak to score in the next five rounds to take the duel 5-2 in seven. Kheld bounced back and gave Sar his first defeat of the night, 5-3 in six rounds.

Standings: Sar 3-1; Rak, Kheld, Cass and Vinny 2-2; Matt 1-3.

ROUND 5:
The last round robin duels turned out to be make or break:it was either possible to have an outright winner or a four way tie. Rak was determined to be a part of the tie and never allowed Sar to score, defeating him 5-0 in six rounds. Cass was also putting forth an effort to be in the final. Kheld scored first then Cass tied the score. Kheld retook the lead and Cass tied it back up again in round 5. A trade in the next round then it was all she wrote for Cass. Kheld pulled points in the last two rounds to take this one 5-3 in eight. Vinny needed the win to join the others into the final and he began by trading snapkicks with Matt. The leader of the Outback though pulled away in the next two rounds but the ArchMage wasn't giving up: Vinny cut into Matt's lead then tied the duel. Round seven saw Vinny take his first lead but it wasn't to last long-Matt tied it up in the next round then took the win in ten rounds, 5-4.

Standings: Sar, Rak and Kheld 3-2;Matt, Vinny and Cass 2-3.

ROUND 6:
Sir Rat and Governor Matt were tallying up numbers to see who would battle who in the final two rounds and it turned out that Rak would get the bye while Kheld and Sar would duke it out. Sir Rat called this round so you all will have to ask him about the play by play. What I saw was a close and quick battle though with Kheld defeating Sar 5-4 in 5 rounds.

THE FINAL:
Rak faced off against Kheld to see who would claim the title of 53rd Diamond. Kheld scored first but Rak tied then took the lead in the next two rounds. Rak extended his lead then he went flying in round 5 as Kheld flipped the liontaur. Kheld tied it up by pretending to jump in round 6 then we saw just how low Rak could go as he ducked Kheld's jab in the seventh. The liontaur went down onto his back in round 9 as Kheld took his legs from underneath him to tie the score 4 all. They circled the ring to take a break then Kheld saw his opening. He swung hard with his right and Rak threw up his arms to block but Kheld halted his swing to take the win 5-4 in 10 rounds.

Kheld becomes the 53rd Diamond after 114 rounds, 17 duels and over 6 hours of battling. Thanks to my partner in crime, Napoleon who also called Madness duels, to the crowd who came out to cheer on their favorite Emerald and to Matt and Kheld for setting this up. See you all at the next Diamond Quest.

((OOC-round by round scores:
1) Kheld over Rak, 5-1 in 6; Cass over Matt, 5-4 in 11; Sar over Vinny in 7.
2) Matt over Kheld in 12; Rak over Vinny in 9; Sar over Cass in 9.
3) Vinny over Kheld in 12; Sar over Matt in 10; Cass over Rak in 8.
4) Kheld over Sar in 6; Vinny over Cass in 5; Rak over Matt in 7.
5) Kheld over Cass in 8; Rak over Sar in 6; Matt over Vinny in 10.
Semi) Kheld over Sar in 5.
Final) Kheld over Rak, 5-4 in 10.))

Return to “The Outback”