The Zombie Lord

Stories of the those from House Dragoon Talanador, the Company of the Dragon and the Tavern itself.

Moderator: G

G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

The Zombie Lord

Post by G » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:07 am

"Iuz." G'nort said to imself, invoking the name of his homelanlds chief diety of chaos. It seemed an appropriate curse at the moment, what with all the strange dark goings on happening all at once, all on a Thursday.
First, and mostly secret, is the Dark Elf Necromancer, Nyaranyara, causing all sorts of havoc and discord in the North. Followed quickly by the GnomCorp engineers experimenting on Flesh Golems and creating one so perfect, yet hideous, that it would be terrorizing the SouthEast corridor. Then right after that was a band of Lycanthropes tearing through the ninth largest city in Urnst performing theft and murder as if noone could stop them.

Well, it would all have to stop at some point. After all, he was the country's leader, it was his responsibility to make sure things get done. He had ideas in mind for doing just that, writing down the names of certain people he would be calling in favors from when yet again, the Servant knocked on the door.

"Sir. I have a letter from Miss Maeda. It is labeled 'Attention required.' Do you want it now or later?" he said, knowing how the Baron can be from time to time about immediate attention and all. And after this afternoons repeated events, the servant wouldn't have been the least bit surprised to see G raving at him to be left alone.

Surprisingly, Gnort just looked up at him and pointed to the corner of the desk, indicating that he should leave the letter there. Being a perfect employee, he stepped into the office of the Barony of Dockside, placed the letter on the "in" pile, then turned to exit and step into the warehouse to see if all deliveries were being completed in a timely manner.

G simply watched him the whole time. A silent, grumpy expression on his face because he knew, he just knew, that the servant had left more bad news for him. "Don't kill the messenger." so the saying goes. This one was a very good worker, and good workers were so hard to come by especially when they're employed by the Baronial Manor treasury.

He sat there for ten, maybe twenty minutes in silence, staring at the letter, the rain falling outside the only other sound to be heard. Finally, when curiousity won out as it absolutely must, he reached to take the envelope. Pulling the nice dagger he had purchased from the armory, he sliced it open and took out the letter from inside.
G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: Generally found at the Golden Ivy Tavern. If not there, then on the SpellJammer, his ship.

Post by G » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:10 am

Lord Talanador,

It is my hope that this letter finds you in the greatest of health and prosperity.

"Of course." he thought. "Butter me up and get to the grim news later."

Your Capital City of Trigole is faring quite well. The League you established here as a sporting venue is successful, and so the taxes stemming from the entire organization have managed to support several improvements in building and roadways. Shortly after you receive this letter you will receive a package containing detailed documents showing where the funds are being supplied, and a list containing all numbers, accounts, etc. for the Country and City revenues, and where we either are saving, needing more, and spending. If you wish, please feel free to look them over. Otherwise, keep them as a reference.

Making money is a good thing.

There is another matter I wish to discuss. There is a Dark Cleric who dwells not far outside the city limits...

Here it comes. Give good news before the bad.

...who has been seen performing dark rights and raising the dead. The Locals are referring to him as 'The Zombie Lord" and have witnessed him using large bands of these undead to raid small villages and towns. Normally this would be well within the scope of the militia, however the sheer numbers of zombies make it difficult to both maintain order and safety of citizens, as well as destroy the threat of these undead. Also, we are finding it quite difficult to identify who "The Zombie Lord" actually is.

It is my intention to dispatch a small team of special forces to investigate, and if possible, detain this "Zombie Lord" for interrogation. I know how much you enjoy knowing that those who cause rampant disorder and havoc on your lands have found their way into the interrogation chambers and thereby paying their dues.

The reason I am contacting you regarding this is for your permission to request the funds needed to supply such a venture, and to make sure you approve of outside assistance if necessary. Please reply at your convenience, but understand that it is my hope that a hasty response is forthcoming.

At your disposal,
Juri Maeda.
Seiyuu of Urnst, Governess of Trigole.

Gnort read through the letter several times before finally calling for the servant to reenter. When he did, the Baron was again seated facing the windows, looking out into the night. With a quiet, even tone, he spoke.

"Send to Trigole. 'Attention Juri Maeda. Glad to hear financial aspect performing above expectations. Related to second item, approval is granted. Send all documents requiring my signature. Lord Talanador."

The servant nodded and left quietly. Gnort shook his head.

"The whole worlds against me."

Return to “Golden Ivy Tavern”