Venom Bros. Shipping

Talk a walk on the Badside. But don't forget to keep your weapon handy and an eye on your wallet!

Moderator: Jake

EddieV
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Venom Bros. Shipping

Post by EddieV »

The day had been quiet so far. No new business, just a lot of solitare and a couple of canollis to help pass the time. Things kept up like this, and Johnny would have to send him out to make some business.

He rolled his chair over to the window, taking a look around what was left of Badside after the fires. Dragons roaming around, another reason he hated being here. He longed for a time when if there was a problem, you just shot it. Nowadays, especially here, you never knew what kind of freaks were roaming the streets. You needed an encyclopedia just to keep track of all the types of vampires, dragons, elves, ect.

Of course that was the time the dame decided to walk in....
EddieV
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by EddieV »

She was something straight out of one of those film noir classics. Tall, leggy, dressed in black. If he didn't know better, he'd swear it was some sort of dream.

He leaned back in his chair, arms folded across him. "Ok, toots. What do you need taken care of?"

She leaned up against the desk, smelling like roses and sweet perfume. While I appreciated the gesture, I didn't have the time, energy, or patience to be fooling around with a dame. Luckily for me, she was right to the point. "I'll make this quick. My employer wants me back as soon as possible. There's a boat coming into the harbor this evening. I need you to be there, take possession of the cargo, and hold on to it until I come get it. That simple enough for you?"

he loved it when they knew exactly what they were talking about. The job seemed simple enough, and he didn't ask any questions in accordance to his policies. After getting some information from her, and the passords so he could take the cargo, she was gone. He looked again at the paper. "Guess I better be there."
EddieV
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by EddieV »

The weather turned south on him as he went down to the docks. As the rain picked up and began to drench him, he finally found the ship. It wasn't like the other ones around. It seemed to almost emanate an aura of death. Even the crew on board that he could see appeared to be shrouded in some sort of aura. One of them met him at the foot of the gangplank. "Who are you and what the hell do you think you're doing?"

He scowled. "You think I want to be out in this weather? I'm here to pick up some cargo. The password is Excelsior."

The crew member laughed. "So you're here for that cargo. I was wondering what fool would be crazy enough to come pick that up. I'll be more than happy to get that crate off my ship. The cursed thing'd been making noises the whole time, although I don't think there's a living thing in it. What'll you be transporting it on? It's a bit too heavy for you to carry."

He grumbled a bit. The dame hadn't told him he'd need transport as well. He'd have to get ahold of Johnny and have him send Candy over with the van. That'd take about 15 minutes. He found a messenger boy nearby and sent him running back to give the message.

By the time Candy showed up with the van, he was soaked to the bone. With his luck, he'd catch a cold and be miserable for the next few days. Once the crate was on the van, he kicked candy out of the drivers seat and drove it back to the warehouse, putting it under a tarp off near a corner. When the dame came back, she could take the thing. He had a feeling it was trouble enough, just from the drive.
EddieV
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by EddieV »

The dame never showed.

It had been over a month now with no sign of her. It's like she had just vanished from existance. He'd grilled all the riffraff, questioned all his contacts, and found nothing. Zip. Zilch. Nada. No one even had a clue of who she was in the first place.

Which left him with a box. A big box. Filled with who knows what. Grabbing a crowbar, he made his way through the warehouse over to the container and opened it up, hoping he wasn't going to set off whatever was inside. Surprisingly, there was nothing except a large cache of weapons. Swords, daggers, and the like. Business opportunities, in other words.

He left for a minute to go find Candy. Thankfully, she was nearby on the street, hanging around with some of her friends. Although she didn't want to leave them to come into the warehouse right away, a sharp look changed her mind. He showed her what was in the box. "You know why I'm showing you this?"

Her reply was typical Candy. "So you can bore me to death by making me look at a couple of sharp impliments?"

He sighed. Teenagers...."No, jabroni. This here's a way for us to make a nice profit. The dame didn't claim the goods, so they're ours now. And where do weapons like this belong?"

Candy rolled here eyes, having heard sayings like this before. "On the street."

"That's right. So go get your friends to rob a few old ladies, or knock over a grocer to pony up for this stuff."

Candy shrugged. "What's so different about these weapons anyways? They just look like normal swords."

Eddie grinned. "Nobody would go through having these things shipped in they way they were unless they were either top quality, or they have one of them magical fields I hate, which is why I'm not taking one of them for myself. Now go get a move on. We've got money to make."
EddieV
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by EddieV »

The hooded figure looked over the weapons one by one, his hand tracing a path over the edges. "These weapons are quite special Mr. Venom. I sense great evil inside of them. Are you sure you want these things on the street?"

A pair of rolled eyes conveyed his opinion even without him speaking. "Hey. What do I care if some ancient mumbo jumbo gets cut loose on the streets? What I care about is getting rid of this excess inventory and making a nice profit off of it."

The hooded one laughed. "It's nice to see such entrepenurial spirit. Reminds me of what evil lurks in the hearts of men."

That remark was met with a scoff. "Arms dealers are not in of themselves evil. They just take advantage of those who are."

"Then take advantage of them Mr. Venom."

Candy walked in, giving an odd look as she was chewing away on a piece of gum. "Hey big bro! Who you talking to?"

Eddie looked over at her, a bit startled before turning back to...nothing. The man was gone, but on top of the weapons was a new switchblade and a note saying that there would be contact in the future. "No one Candy. I'm just talking to myself about how slowly these weapons are moving. If you don't get some of your friends to buy them soon, I'm going to have to do it myself."
Candy Venom
Junior Adventurer
Junior Adventurer

Post by Candy Venom »

Candy busied herself with pushing the swords to the punks on the street. If they carved each other up, so much the better. Naturally she took her cut of every sale. She had operating expenses after all, and Eddie sure was not coming through with the green.

She counted out the bills from the last batch of swords. A dozen blades tonight to a gang of wanna-be rocker-boy punks from the back streets of Dockside. All in all a nice profit. Enough to get her Glock out of hock at least. That rat-faced little pawn-shop keeper better not have sold it. Creepy enough the way he watched her. She promised to stab her switchblade through his hand if he tried to touch her again. Stupid perv.

She stuffed the green deep into the pocket of her leather jacket and tromped back towards Badside. First to her stash, to squirrel away the profits, and then back to the shop where Eddie was no doubt doing something boring. Maybe she would grab one of her boy toys to drag along and annoy her adopted uncle by making out in the back. A grin escaped from her as she pulled out her cherry red lip gloss.

Return to “Tales from the Badside”