Temp Brawl Rules

Past events.
Random McChanse
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Temp Brawl Rules

Post by Random McChanse »

Most of this is courtesy of the Megabrawl rules - changes are in capitals.

1. The order set before the Brawl will determine the order in which the moves are considered to have been performed. The first round will go 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8, the second will go 2-3-4-5-6-7-8-1, etc. This will determine, in the case of more than one person attacking a single dueler, who swings first in the round.

2. Each player will send in two moves- one primary move and one secondary move. The primary move must also have a name sent along with it- that is the person the move will be directed against. If a different fighter than the one sent attacks the fighter, the secondary move is used on that person. UNLIKE THE MEGABRAWL, FANCY DEFENSES USED AS SECONDARIES CAN BLOCK MULTIPLE ATTACKS. ALSO, THE HONOR RULE APPLIES, SO A DUELIST MAY USE NO MORE THAN TWO FANCIES ABOVE THE LOWEST RANKED OPPONENT CURRENTLY IN THE BRAWL. Note: If two fighters direct their attacks at each other, then it's figured out like a normal duel- match the moves on the matrix, one falls down (or both, or one dodges, ducks, etc.)

3. Offensive or defensive moves can be used as either primary or secondary maneuvers.

4. After a move is selected, two more must be used before the first can be picked again. Thus, if a jab is used as one's primary attack in a round, it can be used as a secondary attack in the next (i.e. Round 1- Jab/Snapkick, Round 2- Sweep/Jab is acceptable). However, if it is used as a secondary attack, a full round must pass before it can be used again. Yes, this means that a round consists of two moves.

5. You will have sixty seconds to decide your move for the next round and send it in. This rule will be enforced as well as possible. The reason for this is that it isn't a round-to-round fight, per se, where the fighters hit, reset, hit, etc. This is a battle of pure kinetic energy, where everyone is pretty much in motion for the whole duel; to take five minutes between moves would slow the Brawl to a complete crawl, especially considering that
it will take the caller a minute to tally up the scores and start the call, plus the time involved in the opening round(s) of action.. this'll be a pretty long event.

6. Each character will have ten points to start, their stamina, so to speak. Each hit takes off one point. Once a character loses all their points, they tire to the point where they can be thrown out of the ring. **Important**- The next hit does NOT automatically knock a dueler from the ring! There are seven ways to eject someone from the ring- flip,
hook, uppercut, spinkick, snapkick, scoring on a conversion, or scoring a point on a fancy. Also, dual hooks or spinkicks will not throw the intended victim out of the ring. (Note- the snapkick is a change from previous brawls. It may not seem like a power move, but it was necessary to have a move that could beat a duck- chop just doesn't fit, and legsweep is far too powerful in regards to the matrix to put it in a group with hook and spinkick.)
Don't underestimate me, for when I'm working I'm super shiny and sit on a post.

And I walk on ceilings, so try to mess with that, fool.

Return to “Tour Archives 2006”