TdR Jerseys

Past events.
Random McChanse
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

TdR Jerseys

Post by Random McChanse »

Jerseys

Duelists in the Tour compete for the honor of wearing one of the four jerseys which represent excellence in overall performance, in performance in a specific discipline, and in performance as a "rookie" in RoH. These jerseys are as follows:

Yellow: The most prestigious of the jerseys, representing the most skilled duelist in the Tour across all disciplines, the yellow jersey goes to the overall leader in Tour Points.

Red: The jersey representing the most skilled duelist in the Tour in events involving the use of weapons, the red jersey goes to the leader in Swords Points.

Green: The jersey representing the most skilled duelist in the Tour in events involving the use of one's fists and feet, the green jersey goes to the leader in Fists Points.

Blue: The jersey representing the most skilled duelist in the Tour in events involving the use of magical abilities, the blue jersey goes to the leader in Magic Points.

White: The jersey representing the most skilled duelist in the Tour across all disciplines that has not yet obtained equal recognition of his or her talents in the RoH standings, the white jersey goes to the duelist with the most Tour points who does not have a Warlord/Emerald/Mage rank or higher in the official standings.

At the end of each stage, the standings are retabulated according to the results of that stage. The jerseys, however, are updated every Sunday that the Tour is in session. The top ranked duelists in each category stated above get an icon of the relevant jersey for their inventory, and are named in the appropriate banner for the jersey they are bearing. The yellow jersey bearer gets front billing on the homepage, along with the banner you can see on the left, visible from any section of the site. The red, green, and blue jersey bearers are displayed on the banners you can view at the top of each of their respective IC forums, and the white jersey bearer is displayed on the banner you can see at the top of the IC Tour forum itself.

If a duelist manages to be the top ranked duelist in a particular jersey category for multiple weeks, he maintains the same jersey icon but the mouseover information on the icon will include all the weeks the duelist wore the jersey during the Tour.

If there is a tie for the top ranking in a jersey category, total points in all the other point types will be compared, then number of stages won, then whoever finished higher in the last Regular stage for yellow/white, or in the last Elimination or Brawl stage for red/green/blue. If by some act of Fate there is still a tie after all of this, the tied duelists will have a mini-tournament ASAP for the right to wear the jersey.

If a duelist manages to qualify for multiple jerseys simultaneously, tradition (and the fact that IC you can normally only wear one wholly visible jersey at a time) dictates that the duelist must wear the most prestigious of the jerseys, and the lesser jersey(s) is given to the next highest ranked duelist in the relevant category. If there is a tie for that spot, see the rules for ties above. The icons go to the bearers of the jerseys, so the duelist would not get an icon for the lesser jersey, but instead the icon would go to the next highest ranked duelist in the relevant category. The prestige rankings are as follows:

Yellow > Red/Green/Blue > White

If a duelist has one or more of the red, green, and blue jerseys, then he/she picks one and the rest go to the next highest ranked as above.
Don't underestimate me, for when I'm working I'm super shiny and sit on a post.

And I walk on ceilings, so try to mess with that, fool.
DUEL Xenograg
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Xenograg »

I dislike the idea that a non-Warlord, non-Emerald, non-Mage cannot wear the Yellow Jersey. It smacks of second-class status.

Too late to change this, I suppose.
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Random McChanse
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Random McChanse »

Oh, nonono. :oops:

ANY duelist in the Tour can get the yellow jersey, as it goes to the overall leader period, regardless of rank.

The white jersey, on the other hand, is off-limits to Warlord/Emeralds/Mages and above. If the white jersey holder is the overall leader, then he/she gets the yellow and has to pass the white off to the next highest ranked "rookie" duelist.

The reasons for including a white jersey are twofold:

1) The inspiration for the Tour (that being the Tour de France) has a white jersey for the best youth rider, to highlight the up-and-coming cyclists who don't have the experience or the backing of their team to stay competitive in the yellow.

2) Even with the "honor rule" limitation, it's still a fact that higher-ranked players have a built-in advantage through their specials. Thus, if you take two players of equal skill and hold all other factors constant, this advantage makes the higher-ranked player more statistically likely to win since he/she has more opportunities/duel to get a full point out of a defensive move than the lower-ranked player. Perhaps this statistical advantage is ultimately insignificant (especially with the honor rule); but since, unlike the leagues, the Tour uses the official RoH ranks to determine specials, I don't want to inadvertantly punish the lower-ranked players for not being around long enough to amass the WoL required to bring the game to a more level playing field. Therefore, the white jersey serves as a further incentive for lower-ranked duelists to participate. Think of it like the Tour's version of the Talon of Redwin.

I'm sorry if the wording of the rules suggested otherwise. Feel free to point out where I made the mistake there, and I'll correct it ASAP. :)
Don't underestimate me, for when I'm working I'm super shiny and sit on a post.

And I walk on ceilings, so try to mess with that, fool.
DUEL Xenograg
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Xenograg »

Random McChanse wrote:The white jersey, on the other hand, is off-limits to Warlord/Emeralds/Mages and above. If the white jersey holder is the overall leader, then he/she gets the yellow and has to pass the white off to the next highest ranked "rookie" duelist.
Well, I feel dumb.

This is an excellent idea. My apologies for getting it backwards. I will take another look at the text; it may well have been my error alone.

I will now return to my cave....
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."

Return to “Tour Archives 2006”