Pre-Tour Rules Discussion

For all OOC matters
DUEL Random
RoH Official
RoH Official

Pre-Tour Rules Discussion

Post by DUEL Random »

If you have any questions about the current rules, please post in this thread and I'll do my best to help.

In addition, if you have comments or suggestions on rule changes, please post them here before the Tour begins. Once the Tour has started, the rules will not be changed.
Stiles Mornay
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Stiles Mornay »

Hey, got a question. Say you get somebody who wishes to play 2 characters for your team, is this allowed?
Neo Eternity
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Seraphim Knights Leader

Post by Neo Eternity »

Per the terms of dueling:

"A player may not have more than two characters in the Tour, and they may not be on the same team or participate in the same Tournament/Brawl stage."

So, with the current rules, no.
-- Neo Eternity
Seraphim Knights, Leader
Retired DoM Coordinator
Stiles Mornay
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Stiles Mornay »

Gotcha, thanks.
Tasslehofl Momus
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Tasslehofl Momus »

Regular Stages

To duel in the Regular stages, duelists need to show up in the official room of the discipline being fought during the official times and duel other Tour duelists.

Each duelist starts with 0 Nobles, the color determined by the discipline (see the Scoring section). For each win, duelists gain Nobles equal to the difference in scores; for each loss, duelists lose Nobles equal to the difference in scores minus one. Duelists can never go below 0 Nobles.
This was asked of me last night. Is this the same as the other part where if it's a 5-4 duel, you lose 0, but if it's a 5-3, you lose 1?
Napoleon Bonarat
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Napoleon Bonarat »

Losing nobles for losing? Ugh, don't like this part. I misunderstood and thought only wins counted in TdR. I should make a better effort to understand the ins and outs before I duel! :)
Napoleon Bonarat
PiRATes From Heck | Champions of Mythos | Badside Brawlers | CrushBob
DUEL Random
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Random »

Yes, it's the same thing. The system was set up to resolve an issue in the old system of PDPD used in 2006 that created a perverse incentive to duel the minimum number of duels required to be ranked on the standings. I contemplated changing it to wins only, but I felt that counting wins only rewarded quantity over quality too greatly.
Fear me, for I am that weird guy on the post!

...and I walk on ceilings, so try to mess with that, fool.
Delahada
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Deputy Director of Dickery

Post by Delahada »

Champion vs. Champion: 5 Nobles
Champion vs. Dan: 4 Nobles
Dan vs. Dan: 3 Nobles
Dan vs. Kyu: 2 Nobles
Kyu vs. Kyu: 1 Noble

If a Kyu defeats a Champion, their team gets 6 Nobles, but if a Champion defeats a Kyu, their team gets only 1 Noble.
This part confuses me. Does this have any effect on the score for regular dueling too? Or it just for Brawls, Tag Teams and Tournaments? Are we getting double scores in regular dueling from the defeating of a certain rank plus the difference in the score, or what? And also...

If a Kyu beats a Champion and gets 6 Nobles, what happens if a Dan beats a Champion? Or if a Kyu beats a Dan? Is that 4 and 2 for either rank as you have it paired up there?

I think I need a Complete Idiot's Guide walkthrough, rofl.
DUEL Random
RoH Official
RoH Official

Post by DUEL Random »

Your team gets Silver Nobles whenever you win in any type of stage (in Brawls, knocking out someone counts as winning). The Silver Nobles are only used to rank teams in the team competition, and don't affect your individual score at all.

While team ranks and Silver Nobles don't affect your individual scores, they do give you an incentive to duel people your rank or higher during Regular stages, which helps keep skilled players from ganging up on lesser-skilled players.

As to your other question, you're right, it's 4 and 2 for either rank. So if a Dan beats a Champion, the Dan's team gets 4 Silver Nobles, and if a Kyu beats a Dan, the Kyu's team gets 2 Silver Nobles.
Fear me, for I am that weird guy on the post!

...and I walk on ceilings, so try to mess with that, fool.
Tasslehofl Momus
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Tasslehofl Momus »

Might I suggest, since Callers cannot duel (unless there is another caller present, and even then it's hard with the number of duels you are calling) that if the Caller's char is in the TdR.. they get some kind of compensation? Some points or something.

Return to “Tour OOC”