Agronomy for 2nd Year students.

These lessons will last a lifetime. Or three. Instructing the young and old on the ways of magic and it's place in the world.

Moderators: Artemus Kurgen, Topaz, BrigathC

Artemus Kurgen
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Agronomy for 2nd Year students.

Post by Artemus Kurgen »

Several weeks had already passed and the students seemed to be picking up on the subject very well. Most were here because of retaking Potions and hoping it would help them pass this time around. Many of the others seemed to be farmer's children. While the last were here for what the course offered. Instructing those with the knowledge and will to manipulate the aether in growing their own spell components. Growing them and gathering them from wherever they could and learning how to find them.

"Professor?" Young Myrjon's hand came up as he moved through the aisle towards his lecture podium and adjoining desk.

"Yes, student?" Offering a small grin to the boy, setting his bag down on the desk.

"You mentioned last week that even though monkshood has been known to bloom during the day, it will be more effective to harvest it during a full moon."

"That is correct. Did you have a question about that, or just wanting to make sure I remember telling you?"

A few soft laughs played through the class as Artemu stretched a little and walked around the front of the podium so he could focus on Myrjon.

"My mum got infected by one of them wolves of where a month or so ago. Would it work for her if I started growing some? Like keep it around the house?"

Now that got Artemus's attention.

"She's been infected for a month you say? That would imply she has turned all ready. You don't seem harmed or anything, did she make sure you all were out of the house or something?"

"Yes sir. We stayed at Aunt Zoe's."

"Well it won't hurt if you grow some around your house, just be aware that winter is not too far away. Why don't you see me after class and we'll discuss this further, alright?"

A bit more encouragement offered, Artemus looked at the rest of the class. Just waiting for the upcoming response.

"Well you all know the drill. I'm going to ask the expected question. Are there any questions over the homework from last week?"

Good goddess were there a lot of hands in the air.

"And at the beginning we start anew."

Taking the first question, Artemus turned to the blackboard and waved his hand, marking down the notes as he spoke, the words magically clowing onto the board while he moved between desks and helped with problems and clarified any confusing points.
Artemus Allonan Kurgen
Headmaster of Arcanum Academy
Proprietor of Dark Wolf and Leopard Jewelers.

Return to “Arcanum Academy”