Introduction to Potions.

These lessons will last a lifetime. Or three. Instructing the young and old on the ways of magic and it's place in the world.

Moderators: Artemus Kurgen, Topaz, BrigathC

Artemus Kurgen
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Introduction to Potions.

Post by Artemus Kurgen »

"Jamison and Elric! Get over here, right now."

Hearing the professor shout the two boys were up and over there as if a Hell Hound were nipping at their heels. Hands going to their sides, eyes turned up in fake innocence both lads replied in unision. "Yes Professor Kurgen?"

"Would either of you mind telling me..." Adusting the belt around his robes, Artemus turned and lifted up a dried snake skin. "How this got into Belinda's cauldron?" The look that went through both cherubic faces at once would have normally made Art laugh, but after the young woman ran from the room crying after her attempt at making a burn-cure potion had blown upin her face, Artemus was in no mood to play around.

"I'm waiting." The boys knew that tone all too well, but it surprised him when Elric stepped forward with his head down. Usually it was Jamison that took the fall, something was definitely up with both of them. Something was up with many of his students for that matter. Definitely deserved looking into.

"It was meself, sir. Belinda was making fun of my mum this morn' when she dropped me off for first breakfast. Said they shouldn't let the lesser families come here. The poor gots no place with they betters." Artemus smelled the lie immediatly and his frown deepened.

"Be that as it may, Mr. Chatham, you should know that those with narrow views live the life others want them to. Now...I want you to go down to the office and give this slip to Mistress Rena." Artemus knew right away the boy saying that to Rena would set her off. Give her a hand in choosing a good detention too. From the drawer of his desk, Art pulled out a red piece of baby, the look on the boy's face was priceless. This one knew what red meant.

Once the boy was out the door, Artemus turned to Jamison and knelt down to look him in the eyes. "Going to tell me the real reason that Elric put the skin into Belinda's potion, or do you want to share his detention again?"

The way Jamison glanced around looking extremely worried had Artemus's furr up then the boy stepped closer and started to whisper. "Ya see, it goes like this..."
Artemus Allonan Kurgen
Headmaster of Arcanum Academy
Proprietor of Dark Wolf and Leopard Jewelers.
Artemus Kurgen
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Artemus Kurgen »

An hour later Artemus was moving down to the second floor, heading right for the auditorium where Vincent was teaching Teleportation. Dead halt taken before the door he knocked three times then entered and looked around. "Sorry to interrupt Professor Smith, but I need to see Malcolm and Shaiya."

Once he had the two out in the hall, Artemus shut the door and started walking. "Follow me." Figure it'd be good for them both to worry themselves over what this is about. With each step not a word was said and when the two tried whispering he turned and looked at them asking for silence. "I'll not have the two of you formulating any identicle alibi. Not for this." He knew the pair would do somehting like that.

Back in his office, Malcolm and Shaiya took up seated positions on either side of Jamison. These three were a motley crew if he ever saw one. Moving around to the other side of the desk, he sat down and pulled out a pen and a small pad of paper. "Now that I have you gathered here, I want to hear this "plot" to sabotage the storage room containing all the beings used for the Magical Entities class. And I'll know if you lie at any point. So I suggest you each be honest. That will make this far less painful for yourself. As each lie will result in a Red."

The look of fear on all three faces made his dark heart sing, and the sudden loss of color on each visage was well worth a noted memory.
Artemus Allonan Kurgen
Artemus Kurgen
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Artemus Kurgen »

"I certainly can't have you boys doing anything that would show the slightest disrespect towards any of the faculty. Reds all across the board, and I will bring this to Miss Vasvrae's attention, she will no doubt have a punishment for you as well."

As could be expected all of them groaned at the verdict. However Artemus saw it as necessary. The students did not havbe to like any of the Instructors, but they would respect them. "That is all, return to your classes before the bell is out. If you miss an assignment it will be because of your own actions in regards to what has been brought to my attention."

Artemus had never seen anyone run as fast as those three boys once they had bowed themselves out of his office. A grin danced across his lips as he rose and shut the door. He'd let that slide since so little time was left till the bell. "Harmless jokes among the students is one matter, but ones aimed at faculty is a new subject entirely."

Back at his desk, Artemus pulled out his gradebook and went about marking down the scores his Introduction to Casting students had gotten on their last test.

"A bit harsh on them weren't you?" The whispered words that slithered through Artemus's thoughts had the color draining from his face.

~How did you get free?~ The Headmaster of Arcanum Academy was out of his seat in an instant and making ready to leave.

~That's not something you need to know, boy. All that matters is that I am free, and what I started needs to be finished. This time you'll not interfere. You or that meddlesome Asmodean Priestess!~

There wasn't even time to scream as he felt the control over his body ripped from his mental grasp. This was a fight he wasn't prepared for and it showed as each attempt to wrest control from the Umbran spirit slapped the tendrils of his control aside and lash out with it's dark aura, pushing the essence of its host to the very ethereal cage Artemus had sealed it in.

~Now we'll see how you like being locked away in the abyss of your own mind. Enjoy your confinement, and I'll be sure to take real good care of young Amaris. She'll make the perfect pupil, and who knows what I'll do when she's...of a propper age.~

~You even touch my daughter and I swear to the gods I'll see you destroyed! I will be free!~

He shook the confining energy of his new "home" but the binding magic was too strong, Artemus was trapped in his own mind. And the outside world would never know.
Artemus Allonan Kurgen
Artemus Kurgen
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Artemus Kurgen »

The past couple of months were still a fog to his clouded mind. Being posessed will do that to you. But it felt good to actually be back at the school and teaching again. Sitting behind his desk and watching the morning class file in with surprised looks at actually seeing him back after so long. Guess they grew tired of the substitute.

Alright ya Mystical Miscreants. ::As he always referred to the class.:: Time to listen up. ::He sat and waited for the laughs and small chortles to settle down before he leaned against the desk today.:: I've decided to go easy on you all today, but you're not leaving without an assignment. Here's your task for the week. You'll have no other tests from me till then. I want you each to go out and find these items. ::He moved to the board and started to write down a list.:: One, A monkey paw. Two, a Rose Quartz crystal. Three, Oil of Impact. Four, Warg Hide. Five, Jug of water from the river. But don't any of you drink it. I don't want to give this academy a teen pregnancy rating. Finally. You have one last item to find. And this one I urge each of you to take great caution in finding as it will not come to you easy. Your last item to find, are two vampire fangs.

::Artemus could have smiled at the stunned silence that greeted him.:: Did I stutter? I want you all to go out and find two vampire fangs. I didn't say it had to be from a live vampire. ::Even as the words passed his lips Artemus inwardly cringed at the cheesey joke. Several of the students cringed visibly:: Oh it wasn't that bad.

That's it for class. You're dismissed. You have this week to find and get those items and bring them here next week. Now get out of here.

::He figured letting them all out an hour early would give them enough time to think over going about getting those items before their next class. In Rhydin how hard could finding them be?::
Artemus Allonan Kurgen

Return to “Arcanum Academy”