Journal Entry 5

A place for Lady Kyndra to post her private thoughts.

Moderator: Lady Kyndra

Lady Kyndra
Adventurer
Adventurer

Journal Entry 5

Post by Lady Kyndra »

Okay, where was I? Oh yes, Tass was still away on his trip. I can remember how the days passed by so slowly. When he didn’t return as planned, it made the days go even slower. I tried not to think about the possibility his return would be delayed. But now it was a reality that I had to face as I knew he had to stay as long as necessary to take care of business. So I continued to worry for his safe return.

Then an elf was horribly attacked on Twilight Isle. The poor creature lost a leg!! So it was decided to form a hunting party to search for the creature or whatever it was that had attacked the elf. I had spent so much time in my room that I didn’t even know about any of it. As I was finishing things up just before my late shift on the Isle, I received an urgent message to come to the Isle to help out with the early shift. When I arrived, I found Brig, along with a beautiful white wolf named Kayla, heading up the hunting party. He, along with other well-known Twilight Isle patrons, waited for a few others to join them before setting off to search for the culprit. I stayed behind to take care of the rings and handle any duels. But no one really felt like dueling. There was definitely tension in the air.

It was some time before the members of the hunting party could be seen at the edge of the forest. As they neared the rings, I could see that one was being carried with the white wolf trailing. I knew instantly who it was. Time seemed to stand still as I watched them bring the body to the beach and lay it on the sand. Although the hunt was successful, Brig lost his life. After a quick goodbye, a pyre was built, his body burned and those still on the Isle soon began to leave. I had to find someone….someone to talk to. Des and Gav were my only hope which I found at dueling in fist way out in there…not at the Outback because it had been closed due to the fire. I really wasn’t much for talking just a crying. I found myself wanting to be alone hence my return to my room where I stayed for a couple of days before venturing out.

I don’t even think I ate much during those two days. When I finally decided I had better eat or someone would just find a piles of bones in the middle of the floor, I found that I had a visitor. Kayla, the white wolf, was waiting just outside my door. I don’t know how long she had been there. I went on downstairs, taking her with me, to have some dinner. It was nice to have someone with me. Tass still had not returned and Brig would never return, or so I thought. After we ate, I got something too, we went back up to my room. She quietly entered when I opened the door and motioned for her to go in. Tabby and Sam went scurrying when she entered. But she didn’t even pay a bit of attention to them. I told Kayla she could sleep at that foot of my bed. She’s even there now as I write. Well, I think I must be off to bed. I have a big day tomorrow.

Return to “Kyn's Journal”