General FAQs

Eden Parker
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Re: General FAQs

Post by Eden Parker »

Can I share a setting with the community?

Absolutely! If you have a setting that you would like to share with the rest of the community, you can post about it in the Atlas Rhydinica. Read more in About the Atlas.
Eden Parker
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Eden Parker »

Help! I broke something on the forums!

It is okay! We will help you fix it!

Multiple staff members are available to help you with issues you might encounter on the forums. Staff members appear as green and purple names on the Discord server. The quickest way to find a staff member is to throw out a request for assistance in the lobby and if someone is available, they will respond and help you out.

If there is no staff member immediately available to assist you, please use the forum messaging system to contact a staff member. Staff contact information is available here. Both Kalamere Ar’Din and Na-rae Takamine are particularly helpful with Discord issues, and Jake Thrash and Eden Parker can be helpful with forum issues. But any staff member should be able to get you started on a solution. If you don’t hear back within 24 hours, reach out to someone else. We work as a team, and we are here to assist you.
Eden Parker
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Eden Parker »

How do I get started in dueling?

If you’re brand new to dueling, we recommend looking through the Duels section of Rhydin.org. Once you have a basic sense of the game and how to play, try attending one of our hosted dueling nights and try it out! Answers to any other questions can be probably be found here (links coming soon).
Eden Parker
RoH Admin
RoH Admin

Post by Eden Parker »

Can someone help me learn to duel?

Yes, absolutely. All three dueling sports have an in-character mentorship program. While some players treat this as a purely in-character arrangement, others will be willing to help you out-of-character as well! Your best bet is to start practicing and participating on your own. And if you’re interested in mentorship, reach out to a staff member in your sport of choice, and they will be able to point you in the right direction.
Jake
Top Thug
Top Thug
Warlord of the Boards

Location: Red Orc Brewery, a dueling venue, or the taverns of Badside

Post by Jake »

I've uploaded a new Portrait image, but it's not updating!

This one is actually a caching quirk. The Portrait probably *has* been updated, but because the system re-uses the same filename, your browser believes it already has your portrait in cache and, instead of displaying your new portrait, continues to display your previous one (the one it has in cache).

To resolve this, just clear your web-browser cache and check your profile again. (Usually a shift-refresh or ctrl-refresh will do the trick.)

More info can be read here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... your_cache

Return to “FAQ”