Coordinator Retirement & Replacement Announcement

Out of Character message board for the Duel of Magic

Moderator: Staff

Claire Gallows
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Eternal Light

Location: Dunmovin (Outside of Rhydin City), Underwood (New Haven), or Caelum Training Center

Coordinator Retirement & Replacement Announcement

Post by Claire Gallows »

Hey friends,

So this month marks four years since I moved from Duel of Magic Assistant Coordinator to Duel of Magic Coordinator when Lem retired. When he first asked me to join the team as an assistant in October of 2014, I never quite expected that it would turn into this. I’ve had the pleasure of seeing Duel of Magic grow and change so much over the past four and a half years. We’ve had some neat events, seen some rule changes that have made the sport more friendly to new duelists, and ultimately moved with Rings of Honor over to the new and improved rhydin.org and Rings of Discord server.

As a duelist, Magic was my first love. It is where I cut my teeth and first learned how to have fun with dueling, where I won my first title (after losing my first challenge to boot), and where I came to really know and understand this community. We have some of the most creative, passionate, and innovative writers and roleplayers that I’ve ever had the pleasure of playing with and I am so immensely grateful for having had the opportunity to help make Duel of Magic what it is today.

So I suppose that’s why it is a little bittersweet to announce that effective July 1st, I will be handing over the reins to our own Max Lager. Way back in the day and under a different face, she was one of my very first Duel of Magic neophytes and to this day, I count her among my closest friends in this community and online in general. Her contributions to the community are long standing over a number of character iterations and so it was with that in mind that I have requested she replace me. She’ll bring to the table all the same energy and her own fresh ideas for the sport so I have nothing but faith that the sport will be in great hands.

For the time being while she makes that transition and learns the ropes, I will be stepping down to Assistant Coordinator alongside Specter (soon to be Royal--stay tuned for that!) to help. This will likely remain in effect for approximately six months or until the team is ready to rock. That said, while I may be stepping down, I still intend to be a member of this community so I’m not going anywhere! Just taking some time to focus on real life and a few other endeavors, you know?

That’s all I’ve got though, so thank you all for letting me be a steward of the Isle and Duel of Magic in general for so long and without further ado, please welcome Max aboard as Head Coordinator!

Thank you!

Claire
Michelle Montoya
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Fāris Al-Ibra

Re: Coordinator Retirement & Replacement Announcement

Post by Michelle Montoya »

Thanks for all of your hard work Claire!

And Max, ::busts out the champagne bottle:: where shall we smash this?
Max Lager
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Max Lager »

I’m excited to be stepping up and while I know I have some big shoes to fill, I am eager for the challenge! We’ve got things planned for Duel of Magic, both role-play and sport related that I believe the community will enjoy! Please look forward to it!

It’s going to be a Stellar Good Time!

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me here on rhydin.org under Max Lager, or reach out to me on Discord! My handle is Qui Qui#7489.
Hope
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Beast Mode

Post by Hope »

It's been fun to follow DoM's growth and expansion since Claire took over after Lem. Has it really been 4 years already? :lol: I'm eager to see how DoM will continue to evolve with Max at the helm and am always excited for the stories that it generates. Not everyone can run a ship with the grace you have and I think you set a great precedent for Max and others to follow with your transparency and openness to the community. Thanks for all of your time, hard work and passion. Here's to you and to the future of DoM with Max :fistmelda:
Elessaria
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
The Lady Fire of Evandar

Location: ~Heart Notes~ Parfumerie in the New Haven District, Her island bungalow at Arcassa

Post by Elessaria »

Claire,

Thank you for all of your hard work in continuing the growth (and fun) of DoM as well as the community as a whole!

Max,

I know DoM will continue to flourish under your leadership! Congrats!

~T
And then one day,
One magic day he passed my way.
And while we spoke of many things,
Fools and kings,
This he said to me,
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn
Is just to love and be loved in return"
-Ahbez Eden
XanthVanBokkelen
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by XanthVanBokkelen »

Thanks for all you've done these past years, Claire. Good luck with the new job, Max, and thank you for taking on the responsibility.
PC
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PC »

As long as Max gives me all of the balance draws. Joking aside, congrats Max! Thank you Claire for all your hard work.
Bailey Raptis
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
The Stolen Child

Location: Can be found many places, but resides in Old Temple

Post by Bailey Raptis »

Belated response to this, but I wanted to say thank you for all the time and energy you put into Duel of Magic over the years -- I've enjoyed all the special events, the All Ranks Tournaments, and the general journey that Bailey has taken thanks to his participation in Magic. I think this past Thursday was a perfect demonstration of all the good work you did -- we had a healthy and active crowd willing to watch both the Archmage Challenge and then the Challenge for the Tower of Air that followed.

Thanks again, and I look forward to what's coming next with Max & Co.!
PrlUnicorn
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by PrlUnicorn »

Thank you for all the hard work and creativity that you have put into DoM, Claire.

Good luck, Max!

Return to “Duel of Magic (OOC)”